There are 145 users in the forums

Chicago Bulls 2010-2011 Thread

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by hklar17:

I concur

That is a lot of laughing at something that isn't remotely funny. You guys are easily impressed.

Don't be jealous.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I concur

That is a lot of laughing at something that isn't remotely funny. You guys are easily impressed.

Don't be jealous.

I has a confused about what I would be jealous about.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I concur

Don't be jealous.

I has a confused about what I would be jealous about.

You don't think those commercials are funny?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lulz

pants hating again
Rose vs. Top PG's
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Omer Asik has come on strong lately. I'm so glad the Bulls didn't even consider giving him up. He's going to be a better player than Noah(not that Noah is anything special).
Omer Asik has come on strong lately. I'm so glad the Bulls didn't even consider giving him up. He's going to be a better player than Noah(not that Noah is anything special).

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Yeah I don't know bout all that. Asik is solid and is lookin to get even better with experience. But don't understimate the value and importance of Noah. He's established himself as one of the better centers in the league and is still comin off that injury. To say Noah isnt anything special is pretty ridiculous.
I thought it was pretty clear that I was denying that Gasol was handed to the Lakers for nothing. He was traded for the largest expiring contract in the league (which has value to the team that has him), the reigning Euroleague MVP and now one of the Top 10 centers in the game, and 2 1st Round draft picks.

My feelings aren't hurt. I'm just sick of hearing the same incorrect and short-sighted argument over and over again.

OK you got me, the Grizzlies got a great deal in that trade. Pau Gasol was definately worth the s**t sandwich the Lakers sent them. Can we go back to talking about the Bulls in this thread? You know this is the Chicago Bulls 2010-2011 Thread, not the General NBA thread or the team that had back to back championships handed to them and all they had to give in return was a s**t sandwich thread.

You're not understanding what I'm saying. Rose is going to get his either way, but he's not going to be left as wide open behind the line going forward as he is now, and especially not in the playoffs. The spot up shots are going to be a lot more contested, and that's where he's making most of his 3's. He's 18-34 as a spot up 3 point shooter this year, but 7-20 in isolation and 8-25 as the pick and roll ball handler.

He won't be connecting at the same pace on spot ups once people start closing out on him.

Derrick Rose is 40-97 on threes this year, not 33-79? If your stats are from before the Lakers game, he has shot 19 threes since then so he would be at 98 attempts according to your numbers. He also would have 44 made threes on the year since he is 11-19 in his past four games.

And three months later, Deng is down to 34.4% while Rose is down to 33.9%.

If you don't think this will be an issue in the playoffs, you're kidding yourself. Maybe your defense is enough to overcome it, but you guys need another shooter.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I thought it was pretty clear that I was denying that Gasol was handed to the Lakers for nothing. He was traded for the largest expiring contract in the league (which has value to the team that has him), the reigning Euroleague MVP and now one of the Top 10 centers in the game, and 2 1st Round draft picks.

My feelings aren't hurt. I'm just sick of hearing the same incorrect and short-sighted argument over and over again.

OK you got me, the Grizzlies got a great deal in that trade. Pau Gasol was definately worth the s**t sandwich the Lakers sent them. Can we go back to talking about the Bulls in this thread? You know this is the Chicago Bulls 2010-2011 Thread, not the General NBA thread or the team that had back to back championships handed to them and all they had to give in return was a s**t sandwich thread.

You're not understanding what I'm saying. Rose is going to get his either way, but he's not going to be left as wide open behind the line going forward as he is now, and especially not in the playoffs. The spot up shots are going to be a lot more contested, and that's where he's making most of his 3's. He's 18-34 as a spot up 3 point shooter this year, but 7-20 in isolation and 8-25 as the pick and roll ball handler.

He won't be connecting at the same pace on spot ups once people start closing out on him.

Derrick Rose is 40-97 on threes this year, not 33-79? If your stats are from before the Lakers game, he has shot 19 threes since then so he would be at 98 attempts according to your numbers. He also would have 44 made threes on the year since he is 11-19 in his past four games.

If you don't think this will be an issue in the playoffs, you're kidding yourself. Maybe your defense is enough to overcome it, but you guys need another shooter.

The Bulls are shooting the same percentage as a team as the Lakers are...

Totally relevant. If another team shares your problem, then it's not a problem?

And I like french fries. Not sure what either fact has to do with the point at hand. The Bulls don't have the same advantages that the Lakers do that helps them overcome it. Apples to oranges.

And I like french fries. Not sure what either fact has to do with the point at hand. The Bulls don't have the same advantages that the Lakers do that helps them overcome it. Apples to oranges.

This post makes me hungry.
Is it just me, or should they be playing Kurt Thomas behind Noah instead of Asik?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by samoan49er:

Yeah I don't know bout all that. Asik is solid and is lookin to get even better with experience. But don't understimate the value and importance of Noah. He's established himself as one of the better centers in the league and is still comin off that injury. To say Noah isnt anything special is pretty ridiculous.

Noah is considered a good player in the NBA because there are no good centers outside of Dwight. It wont take much for Asik to pass him up. He's already a better defender, he's just as good of a rebounder, he hustles just as much as Noah, he has better size and athleticism, Noah's offensive game isn't far ahead of Asik's, and he can speak English better than Noah.

The Bulls are lucky to have Noah since he's an above average center in the league, but it doesn't take much to get to that point. I believe Asik is going to be the better player in the long run, he's got a lot of potential barring injuries.
Share 49ersWebzone