Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by samoan49er:
I wouldn't be surprised if JR Smith ends up as a Bull before the trade deadline. Looks like Melo's gone, and Denver's pretty much done with Smith. The Bulls are looking for a legit 2 guard and some outside shooting. It seems to make sense.

JR Smith is definitely intriguing, funny thing is that he was here before (part of the Tyson Chandler trade to Charlotte/New Orleans) and was never used. That was under Skiles so I guess it was an obviouse misfit. I do think that Thibideau can make it work with JR though, I'm just curious what it would take to bring him here. JR Smith or Keith Bogans? I'll take JR, Brewer can provide whatever defense Bogans had off the bench.

He would be a great addition if he had a brain and was aware that you can play team basketball in the NBA. Although Bogans is a starter, he is only playing about 10-15 minutes a game. I would rather see the Bulls stick with this lineup and eventually replace Bogans with Brewer in the starting lineup. I don't see the Bulls going after JR unless they get a Pau Gasol type deal.

What is a "Pau Gasol type deal"?

Smith's in the last year of his contract and Denver's into luxury tax territory. The Bulls wouldn't have to offer much. They might need to get a third team involved to make the salaries match though.

As it stands now, Chicago's lack of outside shooting will be their downfall in the playoffs.

Pau Gasol was handed to the Lakers for next to nothing. The Bulls can't give anything away right now with Noah going down for two months. James Johnson and Brian Scalabrine are the only expendable players for the next two months and neither has any value.

How exactly is Chicago lacking in shooting? Deng, Korver, and Rose are all shooting 41% on threes and all three have good jumpshots. This team is solid, it still needs more, but it can compete with anyone in the playoffs as long as Derrick Rose is healthy.

LOL. Pau Gasol was a cap space deal, just as is the case with many other deals. Baron Davis & Vince Carter, when they were in their prime, immediately come to mind.

-Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol, Javaris Crittenton, Kwame Brown (the largest expiring contract in the league at the time), & 2 1st Round picks.

-Baron Davis for Speedy Claxton, Dale Davis (expiring contract)

-Vince Carter for Eric Williams, Aaron Williams, 2 1st Round picks, and Alonzo Mourning, who was immediately bought out.

Hell, just this past offseason, the Bulls traded Kirk Hinrich AND the 17th pick in the draft for the draft rights to Vladimir Veremeenko. Explain that one. Cap space deals happen all the time. The "Gasol got traded for nothing" argument has been absurd since day 1. The Grizzlies even got a highly regarded young player (Marc Gasol) in return, which is more than can be said about the other deals here.

The only reason people b***h about this is because it involved the Lakers.

As for the Bulls' outside shooting. those are the only 3 guys that are shooting it well, and it's highly questionable that two of them will continue to do so.

These bulls**t deals are what make the NBA what it is. The rich get richer and the poor stay poor. The NBA is all about money and not about talent.

Apparently you haven't watched many Bulls games. Derrick Rose has become one of the best all around players in the NBA. His shooting is not going to disappear anytime soon.

Deng's shooting may slip a little bit but he is someone who can consistently knock down an open three. He sees plenty of those and will continue to see them as long as Derrick Rose is playing.

Deng and consistent will never be used in the same sentence... The bulls need a go to scorer who can consistently score from the outside to not make Rose take a billion shots he can't makes. That's where a melo or JR Smith. With Noah out they have np chance of trading for melo so JR smith they have to get.

What shots can Rose not make?
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I wouldn't be surprised if JR Smith ends up as a Bull before the trade deadline. Looks like Melo's gone, and Denver's pretty much done with Smith. The Bulls are looking for a legit 2 guard and some outside shooting. It seems to make sense.

JR Smith is definitely intriguing, funny thing is that he was here before (part of the Tyson Chandler trade to Charlotte/New Orleans) and was never used. That was under Skiles so I guess it was an obviouse misfit. I do think that Thibideau can make it work with JR though, I'm just curious what it would take to bring him here. JR Smith or Keith Bogans? I'll take JR, Brewer can provide whatever defense Bogans had off the bench.

He would be a great addition if he had a brain and was aware that you can play team basketball in the NBA. Although Bogans is a starter, he is only playing about 10-15 minutes a game. I would rather see the Bulls stick with this lineup and eventually replace Bogans with Brewer in the starting lineup. I don't see the Bulls going after JR unless they get a Pau Gasol type deal.

What is a "Pau Gasol type deal"?

Smith's in the last year of his contract and Denver's into luxury tax territory. The Bulls wouldn't have to offer much. They might need to get a third team involved to make the salaries match though.

As it stands now, Chicago's lack of outside shooting will be their downfall in the playoffs.

Pau Gasol was handed to the Lakers for next to nothing. The Bulls can't give anything away right now with Noah going down for two months. James Johnson and Brian Scalabrine are the only expendable players for the next two months and neither has any value.

How exactly is Chicago lacking in shooting? Deng, Korver, and Rose are all shooting 41% on threes and all three have good jumpshots. This team is solid, it still needs more, but it can compete with anyone in the playoffs as long as Derrick Rose is healthy.

LOL. Pau Gasol was a cap space deal, just as is the case with many other deals. Baron Davis & Vince Carter, when they were in their prime, immediately come to mind.

-Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol, Javaris Crittenton, Kwame Brown (the largest expiring contract in the league at the time), & 2 1st Round picks.

-Baron Davis for Speedy Claxton, Dale Davis (expiring contract)

-Vince Carter for Eric Williams, Aaron Williams, 2 1st Round picks, and Alonzo Mourning, who was immediately bought out.

Hell, just this past offseason, the Bulls traded Kirk Hinrich AND the 17th pick in the draft for the draft rights to Vladimir Veremeenko. Explain that one. Cap space deals happen all the time. The "Gasol got traded for nothing" argument has been absurd since day 1. The Grizzlies even got a highly regarded young player (Marc Gasol) in return, which is more than can be said about the other deals here.

The only reason people b***h about this is because it involved the Lakers.

As for the Bulls' outside shooting. those are the only 3 guys that are shooting it well, and it's highly questionable that two of them will continue to do so.

These bulls**t deals are what make the NBA what it is. The rich get richer and the poor stay poor. The NBA is all about money and not about talent.

Apparently you haven't watched many Bulls games. Derrick Rose has become one of the best all around players in the NBA. His shooting is not going to disappear anytime soon.

Deng's shooting may slip a little bit but he is someone who can consistently knock down an open three. He sees plenty of those and will continue to see them as long as Derrick Rose is playing.

Deng and consistent will never be used in the same sentence... The bulls need a go to scorer who can consistently score from the outside to not make Rose take a billion shots he can't makes. That's where a melo or JR Smith. With Noah out they have np chance of trading for melo so JR smith they have to get.

What shots can Rose not make?

A game-tying free throw... Real tough loss on Saturday, especially with it comin down to 2 free throws to tie the game. I know Rose won't forget that miss and will be sure it doesn't happen again. Losing Noah for such a long time will hurt, but they'll get through it. Still hoping for an upgrade at SG..
Sorry guys I know I have been away for awhile. Season is long and I can't say much but we're on a steady course to end up with the 3rd or 4th seed in the East. Injuries have not affected us as much as I thought but Noah is definitely missed on the boards.

We will need everyone healthy come playoff time. As far as the discussions I see about JR Smith. I think it boils down to his defense. Can he get into Thibs' defensive scheme? Possibly. Bogans is a liability on offense.

Things to improve on: FT shooting. I think we're bottom of the league or the worst.
omfg

MVP
Looks like we're back in the news again regarding Melo. Not sure how I feel about it, I personally would like to go after Mayo, but if we can get Melo and keep Noah I definitely wouldn't mind that. It would be hard to see the Nuggets giving up Melo for something along the lines of Deng, Taj, and picks as opposed to the offer the Nets made. I'm not all that good at coming up with trade scenarios, so hopefully we either land Melo or any shooting guard that can actually make some shots. I have no idea how our bench would look, but the emergence of Kurt Thomas and the progress of Asik could ease the loss of Taj. Also if they can manage to hold onto Korver too that would be great. So a lineup (starting at least) with Melo could look like this:

Rose
Brewer
Melo
Boozer
Noah

or they can go the route of Mayo or even a JR Smith

Rose
Mayo or JR Smith
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Well, we got a big game against the Mavericks tonight. Gotta have a bounce back game, can't believe we lost to the Bobcats twice. Oh well, guess we're tryin to help out Jordan a bit...and people say the Bulls aren't loyal to their former players Lookin for Rose to make another MVP statement this game, especially with Boozer likely to miss this game.
sorry mo'an49er but SAY NO to Melo. that will take the ball of D. Rose's hands. I'd rather have A.I from Philly for a better 2 instead of Bogans
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Jan 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
sorry mo'an49er but SAY NO to Melo. that will take the ball of D. Rose's hands. I'd rather have A.I from Philly for a better 2 instead of Bogans

Yeah I know what you mean. I really rather have an upgrade at the 2 spot than Melo, its just that the whole Melo thing is pretty damn tempting. I'm not sure if A.I. is that knock-down shooter I think we need, his game is somewhat similar to Deng's. I think someone like a Mayo, Kevin Martin, even Afflalo would be great, heck Anthony Parker would be an upgrade over Bogans. All I know is that the Bulls need to upgrade that 2 guard to make a serious run.

Ronnie Brewer with the sick facial on McRoberts...love Stacey King's calls, the guy is hilarious.

The Bulls are rollin right now, and with Derrick having to deal with 2 ulcers in his stomach, man the guy is seriously makin a run at that MVP title. Lovin how the rest of the team is pickin up their play, and Deng has been on fire as of late. Even Bogans has been makin a few key baskets lately. Still holdin out hope they we find a way to upgrade the 2 spot, and also can't wait for Noah to get back. We're definitely gonna be a team to look out for once the playoffs roll around. Go Bulls!!
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
If Bogans turns into a dirty little b***h type of player like Derek Fisher is, I think the Bulls can do something in the playoffs. You saw what an attitude did against the Magic. Rose has been the best player in the NBA this year, they just need an attitude when the playoffs roll around.
Bulls are still rollin right now and last night's matchup between Rose and Griffin was amazing!! Lovin how Rose went into the game with a revenge mindset, and that he was ulcer-pain-free. Rose is just ballin right now and even Bogans is steppin it up lately with some key 3's. I'm definitely gonna have to make my way over to Oracle Arena to see our Bulls in person. Maybe get the MVP chants for Rose started...

Ronnie Brewer with the sick facial on McRoberts...love Stacey King's calls, the guy is hilarious.

The Bulls are rollin right now, and with Derrick having to deal with 2 ulcers in his stomach, man the guy is seriously makin a run at that MVP title. Lovin how the rest of the team is pickin up their play, and Deng has been on fire as of late. Even Bogans has been makin a few key baskets lately. Still holdin out hope they we find a way to upgrade the 2 spot, and also can't wait for Noah to get back. We're definitely gonna be a team to look out for once the playoffs roll around. Go Bulls!!

I am as die hard a Bulls fan as I am a niner fan and I completely agree. Disregarding our fourth quarter collapse against Golden State, people forget that as good as we've been playing lately, we've been doing so without Noah. Once we get him back, I think this team has the best chance to get to the NBA finals as it has had in so many years. Go Bulls! Rose for MVP!!!!
D. Will vs. D. Rose...

Should be one heck of a game. Go Jazz! Hopefully Boozer get's a hang nail, he'll be out the next 14 seasons...
Been a while since I've posted in this thread. Well we get Noah back tonight which is nice so he can get back in the flow of things. Good game to come back against the Raptors which should be a pretty easy win. We got Miami tomorrow don't know how much I'm expecting out of Noah then as him and Boozer really need to find some chemistry in the front court since they have hardly played together but by the time the playoffs roll around we should be fine. I'm soo excited that were finally going to get to see Noah and Booz play together and hopefully everyone remains healthy and we go into the playoffs rolling

oh and Rose for MVP!
Can't wait to see this team in the 2nd Round against either Boston or Miami. Should be an epic series.