LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Chicago Bulls 2010-2011 Thread

the team of 91 bulls championship

dennis hopson, cliff levingston, scott williams, will purdue, craig hodges, stacey king, b.j armstrong, horace grant, bill cartwright, john paxon, scottie pippen, michael jordan

damn what a team of just hard-nosed players. in today's game you need a team full of all-stars.

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by hklar17:
Originally posted by Tman:

pretty awesome video

i got the chills @ 1:27

Rose is a MFin gangster

to quote Brian Scalabrine:

I have a different word for killers. I call them mother****ers. And right now, Derrick Rose is the baddest mother****er in the league by far. He is the reason we win.

Wow Brian Scalabrine actually said that?

What a G

and by that I mean Ginger

lol yea he did. gave me a good laugh too.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

dennis hopson, cliff levingston, scott williams, will purdue, craig hodges, stacey king, b.j armstrong, horace grant, bill cartwright, john paxon, scottie pippen, michael jordan

damn what a team of just hard-nosed players. in today's game you need a team full of all-stars.

I love how Jordan said we could be in store for another 6 championships with this team! I really do believe we can too and not just being a homer but we have such a solid squad outside of Bogans starting but he doesn't play a lot of minutes so whatever. I really do believe we can win it all even this year. Our team is just too damn stacked especially the front court with Noah, Booz, Taj, Asik, big sexy, and even Luol sometimes playing the 4. Damn I can't wait for the playoffs!!

oh and were tied for 1st with the Celtics
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I love how Jordan said we could be in store for another 6 championships with this team! I really do believe we can too and not just being a homer but we have such a solid squad outside of Bogans starting but he doesn't play a lot of minutes so whatever. I really do believe we can win it all even this year. Our team is just too damn stacked especially the front court with Noah, Booz, Taj, Asik, big sexy, and even Luol sometimes playing the 4. Damn I can't wait for the playoffs!!

Jordan also drafted Kwame Brown - Let's not get carried away here.

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 14, 2011 at 23:43:00 ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

That's true, but really how often do you hear Jordan say anything about young players in the league? He may think players look good in high school or college, but when they get into the league, rarely does Jordan give praise. His admiration for Rose and his ability to lead is great. I love the comparisons he made to himself.

Jordan on Rose: "When he came into the league, everybody said he had speed, he could get to the rim, but he can't shoot. Now he can shoot. The 3 as well as pull-up shots. He has very few flaws. I'm pretty sure the next thing [critics] will say is that he doesn't play good defense, [or] he can't handle a double-team. Time will tell. The kid works hard and I think he's a great piece for this franchise to rebuild with.

Of course we shouldn't get carried away with the talk of 6 more titles, these Bulls just gotta focus on getting that first one. I love the mindset of this team and think they just might pull it off. We shall see......GO BULLS!!
^^ thank you.

Were in 1st place, thanks to the Nets beating the Celtics. We play the Nets tonight and lets just keep on winning.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by samoan49er:

That's true, but really how often do you hear Jordan say anything about young players in the league? He may think players look good in high school or college, but when they get into the league, rarely does Jordan give praise. His admiration for Rose and his ability to lead is great. I love the comparisons he made to himself.

Jordan on Rose: "When he came into the league, everybody said he had speed, he could get to the rim, but he can't shoot. Now he can shoot. The 3 as well as pull-up shots. He has very few flaws. I'm pretty sure the next thing [critics] will say is that he doesn't play good defense, [or] he can't handle a double-team. Time will tell. The kid works hard and I think he's a great piece for this franchise to rebuild with.

Of course we shouldn't get carried away with the talk of 6 more titles, these Bulls just gotta focus on getting that first one. I love the mindset of this team and think they just might pull it off. We shall see......GO BULLS!!

Well said, good post. I think Rose is a very fine player, and a player to build around for the Bulls. I don't know if he has the jump-shot down though. He is shooting under 45% for the season and for the amount of layups he gets - 44% is below average, imho.
We've won 8 in a row and were undefeated in our central division so hopefully we continue both of these win streaks tonight against the Pacers. Also if we win tonight it would be the first time since '98 I believe that this team has had 50 wins so that will be kind of cool.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
98-72 at the end of the third. The Kings are horribly lazy on defense and sloppy on offense. This game is ugly, I feel bad for fans of the Kings.

Well said, good post. I think Rose is a very fine player, and a player to build around for the Bulls. I don't know if he has the jump-shot down though. He is shooting under 45% for the season and for the amount of layups he gets - 44% is below average, imho.

I'm not sure where this whole "Derrick Rose can shoot now" thing started, to be honest, but it sure has caught on like wildfire.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I'm not sure where this whole "Derrick Rose can shoot now" thing started, to be honest, but it sure has caught on like wildfire.

It's more of how much improved his shot is now from his rookie season. If you watch all of the Bulls games, you will see how much better he is as a shooter. At the start of the year, he was knockin down jumpers consistently. As the season wore on, they weren't falling as much and his shots were flatter than usual. Could be signs of tired legs, but something I'm sure he'll just improve on over the offseason, along with a post game..
Rose just continues to work hard at his game and at the same time remains humble. All the guy cares about is winning, and even if he has a great game, he still points out the mistakes he made that could've cost the game.
It's more of how much improved his shot is now from his rookie season. If you watch all of the Bulls games, you will see how much better he is as a shooter. At the start of the year, he was knockin down jumpers consistently. As the season wore on, they weren't falling as much and his shots were flatter than usual. Could be signs of tired legs, but something I'm sure he'll just improve on over the offseason, along with a post game..
Rose just continues to work hard at his game and at the same time remains humble. All the guy cares about is winning, and even if he has a great game, he still points out the mistakes he made that could've cost the game.

That's definitely a fair description. He's improved, no doubt, but hearing MJ characterize it makes it sound like he's a good outside shooter, which I don't think he is. But he's certainly better than he once was.

I like D-Rose quite a bit, don't get me wrong. I just think he's gotten more shine this year than he's deserved, and I don't think he should win the MVP, but he will. I think Dwight Howard deserves that honor, personally. But he's definitely in the conversation now amongst the elite players in the game. (don't hurt me )

That's definitely a fair description. He's improved, no doubt, but hearing MJ characterize it makes it sound like he's a good outside shooter, which I don't think he is. But he's certainly better than he once was.

I like D-Rose quite a bit, don't get me wrong. I just think he's gotten more shine this year than he's deserved, and I don't think he should win the MVP, but he will. I think Dwight Howard deserves that honor, personally. But he's definitely in the conversation now amongst the elite players in the game. (don't hurt me )

He is also the primary scorer and at times no one else has the balls to do anything so Rose does what he has to do. Also one of the main reasons he is the heavy favorite is b/c of our record and the injuries we have had w/ Noah & Boozer, yet Rose has continued to lead this team and keep WINNING!

Pretty Awesome we got 50 wins. These last 13 games are gonna be fun to watch and see what we seed we end up with.
He is also the primary scorer and at times no one else has the balls to do anything so Rose does what he has to do. Also one of the main reasons he is the heavy favorite is b/c of our record and the injuries we have had w/ Noah & Boozer, yet Rose has continued to lead this team and keep WINNING!

Pretty Awesome we got 50 wins. These last 13 games are gonna be fun to watch and see what we seed we end up with.

He's been phenomenal this year, and has definitely taken "the leap". However, I think that the main reason for the Bulls' success this year has been the team defense, led by Tom Thibodeau. How that dude never landed a coaching gig before this year is beyond me.

As phenomenal as Rose is, the Bulls' offense hasn't been bad, but it hasn't been great either. Chicago's scoring 107.7 points per 100 possessions, which is 13th in the league. I believe this is the main responsibility of a team's best offensive player, and it's not the result of Rose not having enough talent around him. Both Kobe Bryant & LeBron James were leading their teams to Top 7-8 finishes in this category even when they were surrounded by offensively challenged teammates.

However, the Bulls are #1 in the league in defense, surrendering just 99.9 points per 100, a phenomenal number. So I think Rose's MVP campaign is benefiting from the wins that result from Chicago's tremendous defense as opposed to his own offensive prowess. (which is still top notch)

Personally, I think Howard's the MVP by a significant margin. He's still maintained his DPOY level of play from previous seasons, and is now a legitimate, productive #1 option in the post. He's the only thing that holds that team together on both ends.

But Rose is gonna win. He's gotten too much love from the media not to.

He's been phenomenal this year, and has definitely taken "the leap". However, I think that the main reason for the Bulls' success this year has been the team defense, led by Tom Thibodeau. How that dude never landed a coaching gig before this year is beyond me.

As phenomenal as Rose is, the Bulls' offense hasn't been bad, but it hasn't been great either. Chicago's scoring 107.7 points per 100 possessions, which is 13th in the league. I believe this is the main responsibility of a team's best offensive player, and it's not the result of Rose not having enough talent around him. Both Kobe Bryant & LeBron James were leading their teams to Top 7-8 finishes in this category even when they were surrounded by offensively challenged teammates.

However, the Bulls are #1 in the league in defense, surrendering just 99.9 points per 100, a phenomenal number. So I think Rose's MVP campaign is benefiting from the wins that result from Chicago's tremendous defense as opposed to his own offensive prowess. (which is still top notch)

Personally, I think Howard's the MVP by a significant margin. He's still maintained his DPOY level of play from previous seasons, and is now a legitimate, productive #1 option in the post. He's the only thing that holds that team together on both ends.

But Rose is gonna win. He's gotten too much love from the media not to.

He'll win it because Michael Jordan gave him a nice reference. I'm sure there are voters who will base their vote only on MJ's comments.
Share 49ersWebzone