LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Oakland A's New San Jose Stadium

Looks very plain, and I thought SJ was Giants territory.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
don't know why yall hating for...it's a great looking Stadium. It's just about 5 years late for the A's...they deserved a nice stadium years ago.

My problem is the OP was trying to say that this stadium would be better than the Giants stadium.

Why don't they build this on the water for the east bay? You know, where the fans are?

Personally I don't see the point of building the stadium if its not on the waterfront of the bay. Really, they can't find a spot on the bay? I've driven through that area, there is a s**t load of junk on the east side of the bay.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'll believe it when I see it built and the A's actually playing there. I wouldnt hold your breath on it.

This. They still don't have approval from MLB to build on the Giant's territory. Not sure how all that is gonna get settled.

Yea, this ain't going to happen. Why don't they remodel the Collisium for both football and baseball. In the meantime, Raiders and A's can play in the Stanford stadium.

This isn't even physically possible. Stanford is too small to host an NFL game after their remodel. There's no way for the A's to play there, either. The stadium is not designed for dual use. The Coliseum won't be remodeled for any type of dual use ever again. The job the raiders did on it in the 90's was so horrific it guaranteed that. Maybe someday the raiders could get a football only stadium built at that location, but I really wouldn't hold my breath on that, either.

After the Fremont plan got axed it left the A's with very little options. Fremont is as close as you can get to San Jose without infringing on the San Jose/Giant's area. Unless they can get the MLB change the territorial rights, I really don't see this happening.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
don't know why yall hating for...it's a great looking Stadium. It's just about 5 years late for the A's...they deserved a nice stadium years ago.

reminds me of Petco Field (Padres Stadium) for some reason

Ha, that's the first thing I thought as well. I think it's cuz of the building they have near the left foul line that resembles the Western Metal Supply Co. building down in SD.
Share 49ersWebzone