There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Oakland A's New San Jose Stadium

Well, I was just on mercury news.com and noticed the renderings of the new field. Not that it will see a vote yet, but it may give SF a run for it's money, except the whole "by the water" aspect of it.

I am not sure how to make an official thread or insert photos, so I will just copy the link. Enjoy!

http://www.mercurynews.com/portlet/article/html/render_gallery.jsp?articleId=16343142&siteId=568&startImage=1
give sf a run for its money??

wow.

A's fans really are bitter that we have a nice stadium. its crazy.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
give sf a run for its money??

wow.

A's fans really are bitter that we have a nice stadium. its crazy.

They are better of building a stadium that fits 15,000 ppl - they don't have enough fans to fill out 30,000 seats on consistent basis.

...and the stadium looks OKAY - nothing grat.
I still don't know who they think is going to go to the games. San Jose is a Giants town, ask me how I know.
Looks very plain. If there are any A's fans that hate the 49ers stadium design, they're probably going to hate that too
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
I heard they don't have the funds to build the stadium.
I'll believe it when I see it built and the A's actually playing there. I wouldnt hold your breath on it.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'll believe it when I see it built and the A's actually playing there. I wouldnt hold your breath on it.

This. They still don't have approval from MLB to build on the Giant's territory. Not sure how all that is gonna get settled.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'll believe it when I see it built and the A's actually playing there. I wouldnt hold your breath on it.

This. They still don't have approval from MLB to build on the Giant's territory. Not sure how all that is gonna get settled.

Last I heard, Reed was trying to get on the November ballot, but the MLB insisted he wait at least until the Spring. I am guessing the Giant's territory is being discussed regularly, with strong opposition from a the SJ Giants.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
give sf a run for its money??

wow.

A's fans really are bitter that we have a nice stadium. its crazy.

Bitter? not at all. That stadium is really nice, there is no questioning that as I did say MAY give a run for it's money. At this point, it is just a rendering which will probably look nothing like the finished product... should it actually be built.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'll believe it when I see it built and the A's actually playing there. I wouldnt hold your breath on it.

This. They still don't have approval from MLB to build on the Giant's territory. Not sure how all that is gonna get settled.

Yea, this ain't going to happen. Why don't they remodel the Collisium for both football and baseball. In the meantime, Raiders and A's can play in the Stanford stadium.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Well, I was just on mercury news.com and noticed the renderings of the new field. Not that it will see a vote yet, but it may give SF a run for it's money, except the whole "by the water" aspect of it.

I am not sure how to make an official thread or insert photos, so I will just copy the link. Enjoy!

http://www.mercurynews.com/portlet/article/html/render_gallery.jsp?articleId=16343142&siteId=568&startImage=1

Are you smoking anything the Giants stadium is much better than that stadium. It looks like a above average minor league stadium to me.
don't know why yall hating for...it's a great looking Stadium. It's just about 5 years late for the A's...they deserved a nice stadium years ago.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
don't know why yall hating for...it's a great looking Stadium. It's just about 5 years late for the A's...they deserved a nice stadium years ago.


reminds me of Petco Field (Padres Stadium) for some reason
Originally posted by Afrikan:
don't know why yall hating for...it's a great looking Stadium. It's just about 5 years late for the A's...they deserved a nice stadium years ago.


My problem is the OP was trying to say that this stadium would be better than the Giants stadium.