LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

NLCS Game 3, 1:19 PST start due to

the FOX show Glee, scheduled on Tuesday nights. Just confirmed by Larry Baer on Comcast Sports Net

He said the MLB and Fox negotiated and the team might fly directly back from Philly on Sunday night due to the quick turn around.

Thanks a lot FOX
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
It's really bad scheduling. You play in SF and then fly across the country and play the next day. There should be 1 day off in between when you are switching between cities that are 6hr plane ride.

MLB needs to focus on quality and they aren't. Also, what's the point of starting a 1pm game on the west coast? Giants should appeal that, we want night game. At worst, start at 5pm.

LAME

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Oct 12, 2010 at 17:29:41 ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
It's really bad scheduling. You play in SF and then fly across the country and play the next day. There should be 1 day off in between when you are switching between cities that are 6hr plane ride.

MLB needs to focus on quality and they aren't. Also, what's the point of starting a 1pm game on the west coast? Giants should appeal that, we want night game. At worst, start at 5pm.

LAME

the actual first pitch is scheduled for 4:57, is that close enough to 5 for you?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:

LAME

the actual first pitch is scheduled for 4:57, is that close enough to 5 for you?

I didn't know they were going to way 3 and a half hours for the first pitch.

Looks like there will be a day off when flying across the country, so that's fine. Anyway, 5pm start is more than fine for me. I get home from work at 5
Like I said in the other thread, I'll most likely only get to see the away games with this bulls**t scheduling. Double f**k you Fox and MLB. 1:00 f**kING pm!? Damn, east coast cock suckers. Who knows when the hell the Giants will ever get back to the NLCS either?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Like I said in the other thread, I'll most likely only get to see the away games with this bulls**t scheduling. Double f**k you Fox and MLB. 1:00 f**kING pm!? Damn, east coast cock suckers. Who knows when the hell the Giants will ever get back to the NLCS either?

I only have problem with 1 o clock game. That's just weird scheduling.

I think people will show up. The sad part is that it was confirmed that the Tuesday start is because they want Glee to remain in prime time

I don't get home until 7:30 usually, and I know I won't get home until around 8:30-9:00 on Thurs. I'd kill for at least one 7:00 pm home start, but of course, no way in hell that will ever happen.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I don't get home until 7:30 usually, and I know I won't get home until around 8:30-9:00 on Thurs. I'd kill for at least one 7:00 pm home start, but of course, no way in hell that will ever happen.

Sorry bro. You gotta dvr it and avoid human contact till you get home.

I don't have a dvr, and not seeing a game live just kills the magic for me anyway. I'm boned.

I don't have a dvr, and not seeing a game live just kills the magic for me anyway. I'm boned.

sounds like torture

It better be a good episode of glee, last weeks was boring
Originally posted by global_nomad:

sounds like torture

I don't know whether to laugh or cry to that lol.

My reverse jinxes won't be in play, so you peeps better root extra hard!
What the hell is Glee anyway? All I know is it has fruity singing, and dykish teacher woman and a kid in a wheelchair.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Fox shouldn't broadcast these games if they don't want to cancel their shows couple of times to show NLCS and WS.

TBS or ESPN should handle them or if they want to keep it on local tv - then let another network like CBS or NBC take over.
Share 49ersWebzone