LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Red Sox set to buy Liverpool FC

Liverpool to be sold to Red Sox owners

Maybe another US/UK sporting tie up?
Hopefully not until the summer so Juventus can buy Aquilani at a cut price in January.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Sell Torres to Barca first!
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Torres is closer to Juventus right now than he is to Barca.
according to reports from Italy of course.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:

I would think that Torres will either stay in PL or come back home to La Liga. I don't have a problem with him going to Juventus though. That will be pretty sick.

I was just kidding about Torres going to Barca. Barca needs to get that kid Pastore - he is gonna be a star in the next 2 years.
fcuk anything coming out of Boston. they're all cheap mofo's when it comes to sports teams out there. i only root for the C's to beat the flakers. but these mofo's better not eff up in Liverpool squad.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
fcuk anything coming out of Boston. they're all cheap mofo's when it comes to sports teams out there. i only root for the C's to beat the flakers. but these mofo's better not eff up in Liverpool squad.

Red Sox (2nd)

Bruins (5th)

Celtics (6th)

in terms of their leagues salary
Originally posted by 1251alex:

I would think that Torres will either stay in PL or come back home to La Liga. I don't have a problem with him going to Juventus though. That will be pretty sick.

I was just kidding about Torres going to Barca. Barca needs to get that kid Pastore - he is gonna be a star in the next 2 years.

damn, I would love to see Pastore in a Juve shirt, but he probably doesnt fit our system. So I wouldnt mind seeing him in my spanish team Barca.
Appears to have gone through at last:

Liverpool takeover completed
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Red Sox (2nd)

Bruins (5th)

Celtics (6th)

Hey, get out of here with those facts!

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jabuke:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Red Sox (2nd)

Bruins (5th)

Celtics (6th)

Hey, get out of here with those facts!

We don't take kindly to facts around here
I'm pissed cause i don't want to see my beloved Liverpool being sold. NO not to some owners out of the states. how about the hooligans get together and buy the team like the did Man United.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm pissed cause i don't want to see my beloved Liverpool being sold. NO not to some owners out of the states. how about the hooligans get together and buy the team like the did Man United.

Are you serious?

You want Liverpool still owned by that weasel Tom Hicks?

Liverpool fans should rejoice, they just got rid of one of the worst owners in professional sports history.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

You don't know what you're talking about

If anything, the Red Sox owners overspend, rather than being cheap.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

You don't know what you're talking about

If anything, the Red Sox owners overspend, rather than being cheap.

They have come out and said they won't over-spend, but really - they don't have to. Liverpool is a great club, they can sell out every game and make a s**t load of money. They just have to use the money wisely.

They have quality defenders on that team, a pretty decent mid-field and one of the best striker. If they are going to keep Torres, they need to get him some help in the form of another striker - Forlan or Llorente will make a lot of sense. Get one more mid-fielder who can set these guys up front and all of a sudden they can have a team that can finish at a decent position this year and then compete next year. Just not sure if Torres wants to stick around though.

Or blow up the team and start with the young guys. They have Torres and Gerrard who can fetch them good money or players.
Share 49ersWebzone