LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

rough start for the Stars, they have played pretty well for the most part but that hasn't translated into wins so far. Hopefully they can get a couple of points tonight vs. a surprisingly hot Avs team.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Seguin with the Gordie Howe hat trick
Originally posted by jrg:
Seguin with the Gordie Howe hat trick

Fight against a player that was on the Stars a month ago

Makes you wonder if there was some personal bad blood
4-0-1

Best start in franchise history.

GO KINGS GO!
Originally posted by eamjr10:
rough start for the Stars, they have played pretty well for the most part but that hasn't translated into wins so far. Hopefully they can get a couple of points tonight vs. a surprisingly hot Avs team.

I think we're okay, big factor is not finishing chances but we've been clearly outplaying most of the teams
Kopitar is back.
Maple Leafs tonight.

GO KINGS GO!
Anaheim Ducks forward Patrick Eaves has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barré Syndrome, a rare condition in which the immune system attacks the body through the peripheral nervous system.

Eaves began feeling weak last week and saw doctors soon after. He was admitted to the intensive care unit and was transferred out as his condition stabilized over the weekend, according to a team statement released today.

"I'm determined to fully overcome this and return to the ice as soon as possible," Eaves said in a statement of his own. Recovery times for Guillain-Barré vary—according to the NIH, a person usually stabilizes at his or her lowest point of weakness or paralysis for a bit of time before beginning to improve, though some level of muscle weakness often persists for weeks or longer, or even permanently. The condition can be treated but not cured.

Eaves signed a three-year, $9.45 million contract with the Ducks this summer after being traded from the Stars in February.

Damn what a horrible illness to have. I hope he can overcome this.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Anaheim Ducks forward Patrick Eaves has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barré Syndrome, a rare condition in which the immune system attacks the body through the peripheral nervous system.

Eaves began feeling weak last week and saw doctors soon after. He was admitted to the intensive care unit and was transferred out as his condition stabilized over the weekend, according to a team statement released today.

"I'm determined to fully overcome this and return to the ice as soon as possible," Eaves said in a statement of his own. Recovery times for Guillain-Barré vary—according to the NIH, a person usually stabilizes at his or her lowest point of weakness or paralysis for a bit of time before beginning to improve, though some level of muscle weakness often persists for weeks or longer, or even permanently. The condition can be treated but not cured.

Eaves signed a three-year, $9.45 million contract with the Ducks this summer after being traded from the Stars in February.

He's a good dude. They caught it early. I expect that he'll be back on the ice just before the end of the season. We're going to need to obtain a replacement player for him to get us through the season, though.

My dude Cam out for several weeks also.

Good news - Getzy is back tonight and Hampus "Freight Train" Lindholm makes his debut also.

#LGD
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by JustinMT:

He's a good dude. They caught it early. I expect that he'll be back on the ice just before the end of the season. We're going to need to obtain a replacement player for him to get us through the season, though.

My dude Cam out for several weeks also.

Good news - Getzy is back tonight and Hampus "Freight Train" Lindholm makes his debut also.

#LGD

Yeah, Eaves is a good dude. I'm rooting for his recovery

• jrg
  • Veteran
Hating the scheduling so far this season. Feels like the Blues play a game and then have nearly a week of. Play another game? Another 4 days off. FINALLY play tonight again.
this kid Kempe...
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
this kid Kempe...

Then the savage shootout game winner...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
7-2-1
Lets go Kings! Excited to see Kempe keep this hot scoring streak alive. Making us Kings fans forget Carter is out.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 26, 2017 at 4:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone