LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by jrg:
I don't know what games you're watching. Backes is one of the more liked players in the NHL. Captain of the blues. he doesn't take s**t. blues are not gonna take s**t from any team. Backes is one of if not the first to stand up for his team mates.

maybe I should post pictures of his charity to make you feel better? lol

1st of all nothing against you but against a player on the team you root for. just making sure there's a separation there. but every game I've watched he takes a run at pretty much players he knows aren't looking to stir the pot. just yesterday he chose to go after a 18yr rookie in MacKinnon. fcuk his charity shindig's off ice I'm talking about on the ice. He's in the league along with Dustin Brown whom are captains of their respected clubs but they play on the bush league side of the fence. I remember the game P Kane got hurt. before that happened D. Backes took straight line for PK on several occasions. To me he's just a DIRTY ass player. Oh it's not that blues don't take sh!t from anyone they seem to start sh!t. was glad to see my blackhawks weren't about to let him or these blues punks run wild today. am just waiting till somebody takes a run at D. Backes, Sabodka, Steen, or Oshie when the playoffs come rolling around.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
lol assassinated?

jeez.

you didn't like the choice of my words. OK let me say it in a better hockey terms. I would love to see somebody take a boarding penalty where D Backes's head get jammed along the boards and he's laying there in agony. this way he'll know that folks had about enough of his bush league plays.

I don't know what games you're watching. Backes is one of the more liked players in the NHL. Captain of the blues. he doesn't take s**t. blues are not gonna take s**t from any team. Backes is one of if not the first to stand up for his team mates.

maybe I should post pictures of his charity to make you feel better? lol

He was picking on Mackinnon yesterday
Originally posted by Knowledge:
He was picking on Mackinnon yesterday

picking on Mackinnon? more like

• jrg
  • Veteran
Woohoo, Avs have a chance to overtake the Blues in the central and maybe even 1st overall in the conference. All this without even Parenteau and Duchene in the lineup.

Roy = Jack Adams
Varlamov = Vezina
MacKinnon = Calder

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Woohoo, Avs have a chance to overtake the Blues in the central and maybe even 1st overall in the conference. All this without even Parenteau and Duchene in the lineup.

Roy = Jack Adams
Varlamov = Vezina
MacKinnon = Calder

They've done it without Duchene, Parenteau and Tanguay. They have won 7 of the last 8, have not lost a game with Duchene out of the lineup all year which is incredible when you really think about it, Parenteau is back for the game Thursday against the Canucks so that helps solidify the top 6 for sure! I don't see them winning out to take over the West top spot with such a tough road trip to close out the year, @ Vancouver, @ San Jose and @ Anaheim but hell, they've been proving people wrong all year so why not! Also watching Hithchock tomato out like a breathless walrus for the last 2 or 3 post game interviews has made my life so much better, he's captain Kangaroo fo SHO.
[ Edited by Thrash88 on Apr 9, 2014 at 1:13 PM ]
what a game in Minnesota
  • jrg
  • Veteran
what a game in Minnesota

Right? And STILL ahead of Chicago

what a game in Minnesota

Right? And STILL ahead of Chicago

ok. so I watched the game. and it was a treat. no need to get upset and all. geez.
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Apr 10, 2014 at 9:32 PM ]
Avs tied with Blues now

Avs tied with Blues now

Avs got the tie break I believe.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Avs tied with Blues now

they have the advantage

Avs face Sharks and Ducks

Blues face Stars and Red Wings
Avs in first place!
Minnesota clinched, as did Detroit.

Only remaining playoff spot is between Dallas and Phoenix

Dallas has more regulation wins than Phoenix, so they have the tie breaker. Which means if Dallas wins against St. Louis, they clinch. If Phoenix loses to San Jose, Dallas clinches.If Dallas loses to St. Louis and Phoenix wins, the final game of the season between them will decide.
BLUES

If we win, we're in!
Share 49ersWebzone