Stars losing 3-0 in the 1st woooo!

It's still early though, we just need a goal and we'll be back

Jamie Benn strikes again!!!! There's that goal we needed

Mike Ribiero makes it 2-3!!

Damn it!

...the Stars DO lead the NHL with 9 come from behind wins.....just sayin'

Shhhh,
Stars lose Sharks 4 points ahead of them in the division
At the end of this season, I'm hoping for some interesting playoff match-ups in the west. It would be interesting if the standings wound up like this:

1. Vancouver
2. San Jose
3. Detroit
4. Dallas
5. Minnesota
6. Los Angeles
7. Chicago
8. Calgary

Classic Nucks-Flames rivalary.

Sharks-Hawks rematch.

Rare Kings vs. Wings playoff match.

Minnesota oddly ends up 5th due to tiebreakers -- another uncommon match-up vs. Dallas.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
At the end of this season, I'm hoping for some interesting playoff match-ups in the west. It would be interesting if the standings wound up like this:

1. Vancouver
2. San Jose
3. Detroit
4. Dallas
5. Minnesota
6. Los Angeles
7. Chicago
8. Calgary

Sharks-Hawks rematch.

Minnesota oddly ends up 5th due to tiebreakers -- another uncommon match-up vs. Dallas.

Hell No

Would rather the Hawks vs the Canucks

Sharks vs Minnesota
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Stars lose Sharks 4 points ahead of them in the division

Yeah they came back and was at least able to get a point out of it, but they outplayed the Flames after spotting them a 3 goal lead.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Zdeno Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty does not land him a suspension. Article here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/NHL-No-suspension-no-fine-for-Zdeno-Chara-on-P?urn=nhl-331961

Video of the hit here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-Zdeno-Chara-Hit-Stanchions-skirts-serious?urn=nhl-331832

Interested to hear people's opinions on whether they think Chara should have been suspended. I'm pretty surprised he didn't get at least a few games considering Pacioretty may not play again due to a fractured vertebrae and severe concussion.

Yeah I was pretty suprised myself that the NHL did not hand out any suspension, or even a fine. I understand that Chara is a pretty clean player, he is big and strong so he uses his size to his advantage. But I think that there is no doubt that he meant to push Pacioretty like he did, obviously he didn't mean for Pac to get hurt like that, but it happened.

I think it basically boils down to whether or not you think he was trying to make a hockey play, and just didn't realize where he or Pac was on the ice. I guess the NHL saw it like it was an accident, it just sucks seeing anyone get hurt like that.

I bet if that was Crosby, Ovie, or another young/marketable star, Chara would have been suspended.

Chara could/should have pushed him into the boards way before. Unfortunately, he angled him into the plexi-glass.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

1. Vancouver
2. San Jose
3. Detroit
4. Dallas
5. Minnesota
6. Los Angeles
7. Chicago
8. Calgary

Sharks-Hawks rematch.

Hell No

Would rather the Hawks vs the Canucks

Sharks vs Minnesota

Either or.
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Zdeno Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty does not land him a suspension. Article here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/NHL-No-suspension-no-fine-for-Zdeno-Chara-on-P?urn=nhl-331961

Video of the hit here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-Zdeno-Chara-Hit-Stanchions-skirts-serious?urn=nhl-331832

Interested to hear people's opinions on whether they think Chara should have been suspended. I'm pretty surprised he didn't get at least a few games considering Pacioretty may not play again due to a fractured vertebrae and severe concussion.

Yeah I was pretty suprised myself that the NHL did not hand out any suspension, or even a fine. I understand that Chara is a pretty clean player, he is big and strong so he uses his size to his advantage. But I think that there is no doubt that he meant to push Pacioretty like he did, obviously he didn't mean for Pac to get hurt like that, but it happened.

I think it basically boils down to whether or not you think he was trying to make a hockey play, and just didn't realize where he or Pac was on the ice. I guess the NHL saw it like it was an accident, it just sucks seeing anyone get hurt like that.

I think the NHL made the right choice.. As you said Chara isn't a dirty player and I don't think he meant to rub him into the edge like that. Really, that happens more often than people realize. Just s**tty luck Pacioretty got hurt as bad as he did

What are you guys basing that off of? Past suspensions? Chara hasnt been suspended or anything like that in his career, from my understanding.

However, if he were to do something like this again and people were to chime in "He's never been suspended before, he doesnt have a history of hurting people, etc, etc..why penalize him now", when/where would that cycle end.
Nice start to this game so far, Stars up 1-0 in the first thanks to Jamie Benn!

Benn is now on a 6 game goal streak...can you say man crush?!?!

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
This is like the only sport left right now lol. Football down, NBA soon to be down...
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Jordache49:

Video of the hit here:

I think the NHL made the right choice.. As you said Chara isn't a dirty player and I don't think he meant to rub him into the edge like that. Really, that happens more often than people realize. Just s**tty luck Pacioretty got hurt as bad as he did

What are you guys basing that off of? Past suspensions? Chara hasnt been suspended or anything like that in his career, from my understanding.

However, if he were to do something like this again and people were to chime in "He's never been suspended before, he doesnt have a history of hurting people, etc, etc..why penalize him now", when/where would that cycle end.

I see what you are saying and I don't disagree with you, the NHL is beginning to back themselves into a corner with all these disciplinary actions, or lack thereof. They are trying to make a stance against vicious, violent attacks that can seriously injure players, however where is the line and who decides when it is crossed?

I based the fact that Chara is a clean player because not only has he not ever be suspended, but he has never really hit someone with the intent to injure, or been a player that delivers cheap shots, acted like a goon, etc. which is key to all this. I don't think people will forget about this hit, and if he is involved in another hit where a player is seriously injured they make look a little closer at the incident. Bottom line is it is getting very difficult to seperate a clean hockey play and a suspendable hockey play. The refs definetely do not have it easy.

[ Edited by eamjr10 on Mar 11, 2011 at 18:15:34 ]
Nice start to this game so far, Stars up 1-0 in the first thanks to Jamie Benn!

Benn is now on a 6 game goal streak...can you say man crush?!?!

Benn is killing it right now, lol. Best guy on our roster in our last couple of games.
Another BIG game for the Stars today, despite going 6-0-2 in our last 8 games we can't seem to put any distance on the rest of the Western Conference. We need to beat the hated Kings and continue to pile up the points during this homestand.

And I will be at this game, scored some nice tickets in the lower bowl, 4 rows behind the glass. So hopefully I will be leaving the AAC like this

Let's Go Stars!
Share 49ersWebzone