LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

can't wait till tomorrow rolls around. I'm excited to see and hear all the trades during the draft
Originally posted by crabman82:
if you buy a guy out you still have to pay him most of his money but it gets spread out over many years. for example after lecavlier's buy out the lighting owe him around 30 million spread out over 14 years.

But why does nhl.com list Lecavlier as a buy out THIS year?
I was thinking those were 2013 buyouts (since they were obviously on different teams last year), and I knew there are times when teams have to keep paying guys no longer on their roster. Can you use a buyout on a guy no longer on the roster?

I know about half as much about the Hockey cap as I do the NFL cap (and that's just the basics).
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
In other hockey news:
  • Rangers bought out Brad Richards
  • Stars bought out Aaron Rome
  • Wild bought out Tom Gilbert
  • Canadians bought out Scott Gomez and Tomas Kaberle
  • Islanders bought out Rick DiPietro
  • Flyers bought out Bryzgalov and Danny Briere
  • Lightning bought out Vincent Lecavlier and Ryan Malone (arrested for DUI and possession of cocaine during their playoff run, lol)
  • Toronto bought out Mike Komisarek and Mikhail Grabovski
  • Vancouver bought out Kieth Ballard and David Booth
  • Capitals bought out Jeff Schultz
  • Edmonton traded for Nikita Nikitin from Columbus for a 5th rounder
  • Columbus acquired Scott Hartnell from Flyers for R.J. Umberger and a 4th rounder
  • Ducks acquire Louis Leblanc from Canadiens for 5th round pick
  • Kings re-sign Matt Greene to 4 year deal; and Marian Gaborik to 7 year deal (Gaborik is 32 years old right now)
  • Hurricaines sign Ron Hainsey to 3 year deal
  • Lightning sign Ryan Callahan to a 6 year deal, real head scratcher here
More news

• Blues resign F Patrick Berglund for 3 years, averaging $3.7 million per year
  • Blackhawks sign F Ben Smith to 2 years at $1.5 million, and sign G Anti Raanta for 2 years
  • and the big news.......Canucks trade Ryan Kesler to the Ducks for Nick Bonino, Luca Sbisa, and the 24th overall pick (!st round)
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Berglund will be traded soon
Have a funny feeling that Stan Bowman is going to trade C Crawford by days end. And of course it has to do with the cap situation and the asking price of Both Captain Serious and Kaner.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
More news

• Blues resign F Patrick Berglund for 3 years, averaging $3.7 million per year
  • Blackhawks sign F Ben Smith to 2 years at $1.5 million, and sign G Anti Raanta for 2 years
  • and the big news.......Canucks trade Ryan Kesler to the Ducks for Nick Bonino, Luca Sbisa, and the 24th overall pick (!st round)

canucks also shipped D jason garrison to t-bay for the 50th selection in the draft.
canucks in full re-build mode now, shipping kesler in division to a team already with getzlaf? yikes. kesler gonna be a monster 2nd line C on that team.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
canucks in full re-build mode now, shipping kesler in division to a team already with getzlaf? yikes. kesler gonna be a monster 2nd line C on that team.

Yeah. Ducks are loaded.
Ribeiro bought out by the Coyotes

• jrg
  • Veteran
Gary Bettman getting booed big time lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Aaron ekblad
JRG is AE the kid that couldn't do one pull-up. not that it matters
Hockey MILF's
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
JRG is AE the kid that couldn't do one pull-up. not that it matters

I think it does matter. He must have been exhausted from the prior endurance testing though. But upper body, especially forearms and shoulders are pretty important for hockey. Obviously not as important as upper legs and core though.

He is only 17 years old though, so not really a big deal since the muscle building really takes place from 18-25 when hey pack on the weight with pro trainers.

edit: oh and it was Sam Bennett by the way
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jun 27, 2014 at 5:35 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone