LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 204 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Stars beat Kings in OT 4-3
Someone please fire the Avalanche front office and Joe Sacco...

Zdeno Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty does not land him a suspension. Article here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/NHL-No-suspension-no-fine-for-Zdeno-Chara-on-P?urn=nhl-331961

Video of the hit here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-Zdeno-Chara-Hit-Stanchions-skirts-serious?urn=nhl-331832

Interested to hear people's opinions on whether they think Chara should have been suspended. I'm pretty surprised he didn't get at least a few games considering Pacioretty may not play again due to a fractured vertebrae and severe concussion.
[ Edited by DaManRathman on Mar 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Man, after a year of overachieving.. the Avs start off looking like they're going back to the playoffs.. then completely collapse in the 2nd half of the season.

What happened?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Man, after a year of overachieving.. the Avs start off looking like they're going back to the playoffs.. then completely collapse in the 2nd half of the season.

What happened?

Avs are just playing like they are expected to play now. They suck
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Zdeno Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty does not land him a suspension. Article here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/NHL-No-suspension-no-fine-for-Zdeno-Chara-on-P?urn=nhl-331961

Video of the hit here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-Zdeno-Chara-Hit-Stanchions-skirts-serious?urn=nhl-331832

Interested to hear people's opinions on whether they think Chara should have been suspended. I'm pretty surprised he didn't get at least a few games considering Pacioretty may not play again due to a fractured vertebrae and severe concussion.

Yeah I was pretty suprised myself that the NHL did not hand out any suspension, or even a fine. I understand that Chara is a pretty clean player, he is big and strong so he uses his size to his advantage. But I think that there is no doubt that he meant to push Pacioretty like he did, obviously he didn't mean for Pac to get hurt like that, but it happened.

I think it basically boils down to whether or not you think he was trying to make a hockey play, and just didn't realize where he or Pac was on the ice. I guess the NHL saw it like it was an accident, it just sucks seeing anyone get hurt like that.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

What happened?

Avs are just playing like they are expected to play now. They suck

Yeah, going into last season the Avs were expected to be HORRIBLE most of the analysis and predictions had the Avs finishing dead last in the league. However, behind the amazing play of Craig Anderson in net, young players like Duchene, and Stastny being able to step up and make an impact, and vets like Hejduk, Wolski, and Liles returning to form, the Avs were able to make a suprising run and have a successful season. Basically, EVERYTHING that needed to happen actually happened for them, it was an incredible season for a young team like Colorado.

But they let go of a few guys, Anderson was not able to steal very many games for them, and they really didn't improve anywhere. So yeah, the Avs are now living up to their expectations.
Originally posted by eamjr10:

Video of the hit here:

Yeah I was pretty suprised myself that the NHL did not hand out any suspension, or even a fine. I understand that Chara is a pretty clean player, he is big and strong so he uses his size to his advantage. But I think that there is no doubt that he meant to push Pacioretty like he did, obviously he didn't mean for Pac to get hurt like that, but it happened.

I think it basically boils down to whether or not you think he was trying to make a hockey play, and just didn't realize where he or Pac was on the ice. I guess the NHL saw it like it was an accident, it just sucks seeing anyone get hurt like that.

I think the NHL made the right choice.. As you said Chara isn't a dirty player and I don't think he meant to rub him into the edge like that. Really, that happens more often than people realize. Just s**tty luck Pacioretty got hurt as bad as he did
Originally posted by Jordache49:

Video of the hit here:

I think the NHL made the right choice.. As you said Chara isn't a dirty player and I don't think he meant to rub him into the edge like that. Really, that happens more often than people realize. Just s**tty luck Pacioretty got hurt as bad as he did

I agree, I don't think the NHL made the wrong move here, I was just suprised to see that nothing was given out. Chara recieved a Game Misconduct for the hit so I thought they would at least give out some kind of punishment to further enforce their stance on dirty hits
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Mar 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM ]
Stars losing 3-0 in the 1st woooo!

It's still early though, we just need a goal and we'll be back

It's still early though, we just need a goal and we'll be back

Jamie Benn strikes again!!!! There's that goal we needed