There are 245 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

How the HELL did Toronto manage to lose that game???!!! Wow
Ololololeafs
Torontlol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
DAMN Toronto
Wow, my caps really let me down. The outplayed NY in five of seven games but couldn't get it by lundqvist.
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Here we go.Predictions for first round conference finals and cup finals.

Pitt in 5
Ottawa in 7
Rangers in 6
toronto in 7
West
Blackhawks in 5
ducks in 6
Canucks in 6 Sorry boys another failed year
Blues in 6

Conference finals rangers in 6 over pitt. Blues in 7 over blackhawks.

Stanley cup finals Rangers over blues in 6.Sorry jrg.LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got to admit i was almost dead on with the teams in the east.Cant beleive toronto blew that game.
Originally posted by niners9:
Wow, my caps really let me down. The outplayed NY in five of seven games but couldn't get it by lundqvist.

Henrik Henrik Henrik.LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ovie Sucks.Dirty b*****d should have been boarding/charging or even elbowing.Rangers played smart not taking stupid penalties that washington was trying to goat them into.
Boogard's family sues NHL over his death
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/9268298/family-derek-boogaard-files-wrongful-death-lawsuit-nhl

I think this is a lot different then the NFL cases. Boogard died of drug overdose, and they are saying that the NHL failed to take reasonable measures to prevent his prescription pain killer addiction.

The meat of the issue:

"Boogaard sought treatment through the NHL's substance abuse and behavioral health program multiple times for an addiction to painkillers. He was never funneled into Stage 2 or 3 of the multitiered program, despite additional transgressions that should have earned him a suspension without pay."

Maybe I'm too harsh on addicts, but I don't think an employer is responsible for getting you clean. The biggest problem legally I see for Boogard's case is that they can't prove "but for the NHL's lack of pushing him into Stage 2 or 3, Boogards would be alive today." He could have gone to Stage 2 or 3 and still overdosed and been addicted.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on May 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM ]
Oh and my predictions since I didn't post my 1st round ones:

Kings over Sharks in 6 - It all comes down to whether Sharks can solve Quick. Sharks are capable of outplaying Kings the whole series, but Quick can still win it and Quick is on fire. Wildcard is Niemi though, if he plays red hot to a level close to Quick, Sharks will win.

Chicago over Detroit in 5 - I think Detroit will be too out of gas after a 7 game series to take on whats clearly the best team IMO.

Pitt over Ottawa in 6 - Craig Anderson will keep it competitive, but Pitt will over power them.

Boston over NYR in 7 - Real tough series for me to decide. Lundqvist can definately win the series and out matches Rask. But I think top to bottom Boston has a clear advantage on the roster
Here's mine again. Black hawks in 6. Sharks in 6. Ottawa in 6. Rangers in 6

Kings in 5
Chicago in 4
Ottawa in 7
NYR in 7

Go Kings Go!
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Kings in 5
Chicago in 4
Ottawa in 7
NYR in 7

Go Kings Go!