lol, they did one on Crosby. The Ovie one is still the best though
  • Garce
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol avalanche

[ Edited by jrg on Mar 8, 2014 at 4:46 PM ]
Mike Modano's number is being retired tonight [insert gif of grown man crying]

He is a big reason why I got into hockey. I remember the Mighty Ducks movies which I loved and a friend was playing roller hockey (I was in NorCal at the time) so I started playing Roller. I picked up NHL 95' for the SNES and my two teams were Ottawa (because of their colors) and Dallas (because Ir ead how Modano was the best American in the game). Modano and Dallas quickly became my favorites as I kept playing and switched to playing ice hockey, and ironically moving to Texas to play competitive hockey. Dallas has a lot of great youth programs and their players are already getting drafted, all due to Modano.

I have to say though, I actually dislike Modano's style of play. I can't really blame him because I get his point about playing passive, that he got f**ked up with knee/concussions so played more passively later on to stay healthy. But man if he didn't have those injuries, would have been totally different, his skill level was unreal. On the Stanley Cup winning team I enjoyed more of Mike Keane's or Pat Verbeek's style of play, a gritty, phyiscal, agressive, undersized but speedy power forward type role.

Anyways, here's to you Mo:

• jrg
  • Veteran
TJ Oshie in a shoot out just isn't fair.

Blues win again.

#1 in the NHL now w/ 94pts

• jrg
  • Veteran
Stars on Tuesday
Rich Peverley collapsed during the Dallas Stars game tonight and the game has been officially postponed. He is now conscious but no reason for his collapse has been revealed yet.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Rich Peverley collapsed during the Dallas Stars game tonight and the game has been officially postponed. He is now conscious but no reason for his collapse has been revealed yet.

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Yeah....I'm going to say its time for Peverley to hang up his skates, too much risk for him.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Stars on Tuesday

Share 49ersWebzone