***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

• jrg
  • Veteran
6 (and counting) straight for Blues..3rd straight shut out

[ Edited by jrg on Apr 11, 2013 at 8:19 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Dated standings are dated. Kings get the shootout win and stand at 50.

Wow, Elliot has been playing great lately. The Blues are getting hot at the right time...
Dallas is just 3 points out of 8th with 9 games remaining, hopefully they can continue to win and build some confidence. The last 9 games are going to be tough.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eamjr10:

Wow, Elliot has been playing great lately. The Blues are getting hot at the right time...

Ever since that trade deadline...bringing in Jay Bouwmeester and Jordan Leopold has changed everything. Elliot has been lights out as well.
Dallas is just 3 points out of 8th with 9 games remaining, hopefully they can continue to win and build some confidence. The last 9 games are going to be tough.

Well if we don't blow a 4-1 lead, we will move within 1 point of 8th.

And if Detroit loses to Chicago tonight, we will have an extra game in hand over them and in the driver's seat to take it.

9 of our next 10 are againt opponens currently in playoffs, 4 on the road, and 2 back-to-back games...Not easy indeed.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Streak ends @ Blue Jackets
STARS WIN AGAIN!!!!!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
STARS WIN AGAIN!!!!!

Detroit out of the playoffs would be BEAUTIFUL

^^ I would love if the Stars were able to knock them out, still have a lot of hockey left though. It's just amazing how much better this team is playing since getting rid of Morrow, Jagr, and Roy. The young guys have stepped in and played great. I'm especially impressed with Alex Chiasson, dude has 6 goals in 6 NHL games! Whitney, Nystrom, and Fiddler have really stepped their games up too.

Hopefully they can keep this going...
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Apr 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM ]
Go Kings Go. Fighting for that three spot.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
HUGE win for the Blues over Vancouver

[ Edited by jrg on Apr 16, 2013 at 8:13 PM ]
20-year All Dallas Stars Team

Forwards
Lehtinen - Modano - Hull
Morrow - Nieuwendyk - Langenbrunner
Erikkson - Benn - Geurin
Stu Barnes - Carbonneau - Ott

D
Zubov - Sydor
Derian Hatcher - Matvichuk
Robidas - Ludwig

G: Belfour/Turco

Man a lot of good memories. That top forward line was SICK. Nieuwendyk was always a favorite. Morrow was a great player and captian, but I don't think he ever really became elite, he was on the verge but then blew out his knee and was never the same. Langenbrunner was a solid reliable player with some clutch moments.

Erikkson and Benn are obviously our future. Guerin IMO was a HUGE dissapointment, didn't really like him too much. Maybe my memory is bad, but I remember Guerin doing nothing for us in playoffs. Barnes and Carbonneau hell yeah! Loved those 2.

I would have went with Mike Keane over Steve Ott. I know Keane was a mercenary, but man did I love the way he played and he was huge for us in our 2 big playoff runs.

Defense and Goalie I tihnk they got right. Man if Zubie played in todays NHL, he'd be 80-90pt player every season.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Apr 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
but Dallas is gonna lose tonight
Share 49ersWebzone