LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by drunk49er:
in other news, raffi torres is still a cheap shotting piece of s**t

This is hockey all you can call on that is inteference.This is what the nhl wanted fast moving hockey by eliminating the red line is why all these concussions are happening.Dont blame the players blame that ass bettman.I guarentee the red line is back into play next year.
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:

This is hockey all you can call on that is inteference.This is what the nhl wanted fast moving hockey by eliminating the red line is why all these concussions are happening.Dont blame the players blame that ass bettman.I guarentee the red line is back into play next year.

no bro

raffi torres has a history of taking cheap shots

http://blogs.canada.com/2012/04/17/raffi-torres-should-be-suspended-for-the-entire-stanley-cup-playoffs/

look at all those videos

they didnt even include the shot on milan where torres intentionally stuck his elbow out and f**ked him up completely.

What are you talking about? Did you watch the play? What the hell did the red line have to do with it???

And its not just interference, Raffi left his feet and gave Hossa a headshot. That aint hockey. And Raffi Torres is well known for leaving his feet and targeting heads.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
What are you talking about? Did you watch the play? What the hell did the red line have to do with it???

And its not just interference, Raffi left his feet and gave Hossa a headshot. That aint hockey. And Raffi Torres is well known for leaving his feet and targeting heads.

Im sorry i know he has a history of bad hits but i di not find that hit that bad.Leaving his feet a little bit but i dont know if you ever played hockey before but the first thing you are told is keep your head up.As far as the redline comment if you have been following the news there are talking about bringing back the two line passes because they feel that is one of the reasons for all the head injurys guys getting up speed and taking hard hits.I personally do not agree with it but i never wanted them to eliinate the redline because of all the goalhanging that goes around.If my memory serves me correct you probably love no two line passes because aren't you a penguin fan and you know mario was the biggest goalhanger in history.LOL If i have you confused with someone else and your not a pitt fan my mistake then.ANYWAY LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
no bro

raffi torres has a history of taking cheap shots

http://blogs.canada.com/2012/04/17/raffi-torres-should-be-suspended-for-the-entire-stanley-cup-playoffs/

look at all those videos

they didnt even include the shot on milan where torres intentionally stuck his elbow out and f**ked him up completely.

I watched everyone of those plays a couple you could call charging but alot of them the playing is either leaning in or down and him being so tall i think is why they are alot of head shots.I have been watching hockey since i was five 15 years ago maybe three of those hits are called penalties.I think they are cracking down way too much on hitting in hockey just like the way you cant even breath on a quarterback in football anymore.Just my opinion hockey is a contact sport.I still say that there is nothing worse then what dave brown did to tomas sandstrom in the playoffs probably was 86 i think when he cross check him in the face.He was a dirty b*****d and there is no need for that nonsense i beleive he got like 22 games for that. but the hitting calls i think are getting out of hand.now adays.
Im sorry i know he has a history of bad hits but i di not find that hit that bad.Leaving his feet a little bit but i dont know if you ever played hockey before but the first thing you are told is keep your head up.As far as the redline comment if you have been following the news there are talking about bringing back the two line passes because they feel that is one of the reasons for all the head injurys guys getting up speed and taking hard hits.I personally do not agree with it but i never wanted them to eliinate the redline because of all the goalhanging that goes around.If my memory serves me correct you probably love no two line passes because aren't you a penguin fan and you know mario was the biggest goalhanger in history.LOL If i have you confused with someone else and your not a pitt fan my mistake then.ANYWAY LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have and I do play ice hockey.They also tell you to never leave your feet to make a hit.... Just because a guy has his head down doesn't mean that a dirty hit is suddenly made clean. If you watch the replay and don't see both of Torres feet leave the ice, then I don't know what to say. Those are two different issues. You keep your head up to watch out for dirty players like Torres that are head hunting. Hossa didn't even have the puck, and his head WAS up, but he was looking at the play and not at Torres coming at him. Hossa's head was down way before Torres got there, Hossa then dishes the puck, picks up his head and turns right as Torres comes at him.

I doubt they will bring back the 2-line pass. Almost all the concussions were caused by blows to the head that the other guy didn't see coming, sometimes accidental contact. I don't see how the red line has anything to do with it. As far as "speeding up the game", its not like players are suddenly faster. It just goes a long ways in preventing the neutral zone clog and allowing more odd man breaks.

And goal hanging? From my experience we call it cherry picking in hockey.

And I'm a Dallas Stars fan (I know I know, wierd. Modano was my favorite player when I was a kid).
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I have and I do play ice hockey.They also tell you to never leave your feet to make a hit.... Just because a guy has his head down doesn't mean that a dirty hit is suddenly made clean. If you watch the replay and don't see both of Torres feet leave the ice, then I don't know what to say. Those are two different issues. You keep your head up to watch out for dirty players like Torres that are head hunting. Hossa didn't even have the puck, and his head WAS up, but he was looking at the play and not at Torres coming at him. Hossa's head was down way before Torres got there, Hossa then dishes the puck, picks up his head and turns right as Torres comes at him.

I doubt they will bring back the 2-line pass. Almost all the concussions were caused by blows to the head that the other guy didn't see coming, sometimes accidental contact. I don't see how the red line has anything to do with it. As far as "speeding up the game", its not like players are suddenly faster. It just goes a long ways in preventing the neutral zone clog and allowing more odd man breaks.

And goal hanging? From my experience we call it cherry picking in hockey.

And I'm a Dallas Stars fan (I know I know, wierd. Modano was my favorite player when I was a kid).

sorry for the confusion of the fan base.I' just think they are cracking down too much on the hitting is all im saying.And my apologies it was in otober of 87 browns cross check not the playoffs i just goggled it .I would post a video of it but i am such a retard when it comes to posting pictures or videos i have been a member since 2005 you think i would've learned by now.P.s sorry you will have to watch richards win a stanley cup with someone else.Lol
sorry for the confusion of the fan base.I' just think they are cracking down too much on the hitting is all im saying.And my apologies it was in otober of 87 browns cross check not the playoffs i just goggled it .I would post a video of it but i am such a retard when it comes to posting pictures or videos i have been a member since 2005 you think i would've learned by now.P.s sorry you will have to watch richards win a stanley cup with someone else.Lol

hahaha.Yeah he is a good pick up to have in playoffs. good luck to your Rangers. Can't wait for 2nd round in the East, should be some good series.
i like hits as much as the next guy

but there is a legal way to do it and then theres this
Here is my thing. The Torres hits to me are border line. Some are way over. The Eberle and Seabrook ones to me were border line because the player lowered themselves down and that more than anything precipitated the head shot.

I love a hard hit as much as the next guy so I guess what needs to be done is that he drive through the player more than leading with the shoulder and popping up to make contact with the head. Even if he runs through the player it is still going to be a monster hit and people are going to complain.

Wtf..it was 2 - 1 when I left work and now it is 4 - 3 at intermission.
Wow 10-3. Mercy rule
LMAO at Cartman leading the Go Kings Go chant.
lol, i didn't even know the rangers are in the playoffs.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Here is my thing. The Torres hits to me are border line. Some are way over. The Eberle and Seabrook ones to me were border line because the player lowered themselves down and that more than anything precipitated the head shot.

I love a hard hit as much as the next guy so I guess what needs to be done is that he drive through the player more than leading with the shoulder and popping up to make contact with the head. Even if he runs through the player it is still going to be a monster hit and people are going to complain.

there's nothing borderline about targeting the head
Share 49ersWebzone