There are 159 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

• jrg
  • Veteran
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 7, 2020 at 8:46 AM ]
LET'S GO STARS!!!!
Originally posted by eamjr10:
LET'S GO STARS!!!!

I can't see us doing too well unfortunately. I like our forwards, but a huge question mark on Goalie and we pretty much know we can't count on our defenseman....

Lehtonen having a career year is essentially our only shot at playoffs. I honestly haven't seen enough of him to know what to expect.

Edit: I think we are a better team then we get credit for. Even though we finished 5th in the Pacific, we were only 7 points out of playoffs. And really one of the big differences was we couldn't win a shoot out to save our lives (not counting shoot out losses, Stars have the best record of a non-playoff team last year).
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:09 PM ]
first three post

Blues will be an interesting team to watch, especially with Halak and young players

The stars might have a chance to sneak into the 8th spot, no ones giving them a chance, but if Kari goes bizerk they got a shot
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
first three post

Blues will be an interesting team to watch, especially with Halak and young players

The stars might have a chance to sneak into the 8th spot, no ones giving them a chance, but if Kari goes bizerk they got a shot

Halak puts the Blues in the upper half of the Western Conference IMO

All I gotta say is look out for TJ Oshie and David Perron
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:11 PM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

The Stars are going to have to make major improvements this season to make the playoffs. The GAA and Penalty Kill was near the bottom of the league, but the defense corps has had a pretty strong preseason killing 32 of 34 penalties, let's hope that translates into the regular season. Niskanen and Daley are going to have to step up and be solid on the blue line instead of liabilities. Lehtonen has looked amazing in preseason stopping 75 of 77 shots in 3 appearances, and he was solid at the end of last season for us. I'm concerned with the shot totals he is going to face though. Last season we had a top 10 NHL offense as far as goal scoring went, and we look to be a little better off on the top 3 lines. Neal/Richards/Eriksson have a ton of potential, and I love what I have seen from Morrow/Ribs/Burish so far, and having Benn center a 3rd line with Ott and Wandell will be tough to play against.

It is more of a possibility that the Stars do miss the playoffs this year, but I do feel slightly optimistic that we could be the Avalanche or Coyotes this season. A lot will have to go right, but after the last few seasons...they can't go much more wrong.

I say that a 4th place finish in the Pacific is likely, and it is possible that the Pacific sends 4 teams, so youre looking at an 8th spot, but if we can improve in our main areas, I say a 3rd place in division is not out of the picture.
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
first three post

Halak puts the Blues in the upper half of the Western Conference IMO

All I gotta say is look out for TJ Oshie and David Perron

Yea I think the Blues will be good this year ( I was saying the same thing last season too, though), but there is a ton of potential with guys like Oshie, Perron, Backes, Boyes and I think Eric Johnson will become a force on the blue line, and have a breakout season. Halak was a nice pickup for you guys as well.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone