There are 184 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Jiri Hudler signs with Flames, 4 years for $16 million. I think they overpaid.

Oli Jokinen signed 2 year deal with Winnipeg Jets
Yea that's a lot for Hudler...going to be interesting to see how he does on a line without guys like Zetterberg and Filppula.

I like the Jokinen signing for the Jets, that's a good term and the money is about right...Jokinen can still contribute and is a decent 2nd line Center.
I was thinking Dallas may make a play for him, until I heard he was wanting a long term deal...guess that wasn't the case. He's worth a two year deal but I wouldn't do more than that.
jokinen = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

how many contracts has that guy signed
I swear the dude has 9 lives, teams are always willing to give him a chance
C'mon on Blackhawks please sign Praise... Can a negro dream a little
I'm hoping Parise will sign today, then we can sit back and watch the dominoes fall as all the other Free Agents will be able to sign.
Stars sign Defenseman Aaron Rome, 3 years for $4.5million.

Rome is better then Fistric or Pardy, so its an upgrade on that front for getting a physical 3rd pair defenseman who maybe chips in on PK.

Also, Jagr is talking to Stars, but Habs and Bruins are reportedly his top picks.

Also, backup/minor league goalie Andrew Raycroft is going to play in Europe. Not a big loss, we have plenty of youngsters in net who need playing time.

Burrish (SJ) and Souray (Anahiem) have signed elsewhere. They were both decent players, but stop gaps for our team.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM ]
do you really think Jagr will play with the stars?

Leverage!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
do you really think Jagr will play with the stars?

Leverage!

Not at all
GM JOE strikes again!!

Jagr signs 1 yr/4.5mil deal with Stars

I love this move....a great veteran stopgap that will allow our younger prospects to develop

Originally posted by eamjr10:
GM JOE strikes again!!

I love this move....a great veteran stopgap that will allow our younger prospects to develop

Talk about shocking move!

Eriksson - Benn - Ryder
Whitney - Roy - Jagr
Morrow - Eakin - (rookie)
Nystrom - Fiddler - Vincour

We suddenly have a top 6 forward group and a 3rd line that can be key in support
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
GM JOE strikes again!!

Talk about shocking move!

Eriksson - Benn - Ryder
Whitney - Roy - Jagr
Morrow - Eakin - (rookie)
Nystrom - Fiddler - Vincour

We suddenly have a top 6 forward group and a 3rd line that can be key in support

Surprising for him to pick Dallas -- would've figured he'd expect more success elsewhere but dang.. Hate to see him go to a hated rival!!
it will be interesting in looking at Jagr, he was playing with an all star cast last season

good for the stars though.
I love the moves Joe has made so far, we are looking like a completely different team. I hope we can package Morrow + Robidas/Fistric for a Top 4 Defensemen...then we would really be set going into the season.
I love the moves Joe has made so far, we are looking like a completely different team. I hope we can package Morrow + Robidas/Fistric for a Top 4 Defensemen...then we would really be set going into the season.

while that might be a good idea

I think it would be best to package it for top prospects. Jagr and Whitney are old. But then again, Im assuming you guys have the cap to make a FA run next year
Share 49ersWebzone