There are 214 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Go Kings Go!!!!
What is it with the Flyers that they need the other team to score a goal before there offence gets into gear. They were absolutely horrible until Jersey scored and then from that point on they were on the attack the whole time.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
What is it with the Flyers that they need the other team to score a goal before there offence gets into gear. They were absolutely horrible until Jersey scored and then from that point on they were on the attack the whole time.

It is kinda funny. They are at their most dangerous when they are down 3-0 it seems.
Go Kings...way to start the series with a two game lead!
Nice win by the Caps last night!!!!
Not too much love for LA (teams) here on the zone.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

I wouldn't hate LA so much if they weren't such cheapshot artists. The completely unnecessary BS they pulled on the ice all year gave me all the more reason to dislike them. The stuff at the end of the year was blatant and flagrant and you remember stuff like that. Over in Anaheim the stuff that Corey Perry does is unforgettably heinous as well. Total dirtbag.

As much as I hate Dallas, they are not cheapshot artists. They used to be back when Darian Hatcher was around, but now it's just Ott being an idiot out there usually. Really just being himself.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I wouldn't hate LA so much if they weren't such cheapshot artists. The completely unnecessary BS they pulled on the ice all year gave me all the more reason to dislike them. The stuff at the end of the year was blatant and flagrant and you remember stuff like that. Over in Anaheim the stuff that Corey Perry does is unforgettably heinous as well. Total dirtbag.

As much as I hate Dallas, they are not cheapshot artists. They used to be back when Darian Hatcher was around, but now it's just Ott being an idiot out there usually. Really just being himself.

lol, true. Hatcher was a dirty DIRTY player. Him breaking Roenick's jaw is one of the ugliest plays I've ever seen, talk about head hunting! (It was payback for Roenick hitting Modano).

But you gotta remember OTC, every team has dirty players. You live in Dallas now, right? Go ask a die-hard Dallas Stars fan about Bryan Marchment aka the Star Killer. I don't know how you can call Hatcher or Corey Perry out and not realize the Sharks pulled the same s**t. We had a great shot at winning the Cup in '97 if it wasn't for his horrible hit.

But do I hold a grudge against the Sharks? No. I never even hated them when Marchment was on their team. I HATED Marchment, but not the team.
RANGERS!!! TRIPLE OT!!!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

lol, true. Hatcher was a dirty DIRTY player. Him breaking Roenick's jaw is one of the ugliest plays I've ever seen, talk about head hunting! (It was payback for Roenick hitting Modano).

But you gotta remember OTC, every team has dirty players. You live in Dallas now, right? Go ask a die-hard Dallas Stars fan about Bryan Marchment aka the Star Killer. I don't know how you can call Hatcher or Corey Perry out and not realize the Sharks pulled the same s**t. We had a great shot at winning the Cup in '97 if it wasn't for his horrible hit.

But do I hold a grudge against the Sharks? No. I never even hated them when Marchment was on their team. I HATED Marchment, but not the team.

I didn't start closely following hockey until the 2000s so I never knew anything about Marchment. I watched maybe a game here or there in the 90s but had so little time to watch hockey back then, I never knew those teams. The Sharks of today are nothing like that. I have seen and heard much about the old Sharks with guys like that, and Parker, and Thornton (not Joe), but never saw them for myself.

I can call them dirty players and not mention the Sharks only because I only know the Sharks of this modern era. I might say less if I knew the Sharks back then. I honestly didn't really become a huge hockey fan until I spent a couple years living in Canada near Vancouver in the mid 2000s. Definitely changed me and got me to love and really dig deep into the game. I lack the historical knowledge of any players outside of the Stars who I saw and hear about much more often just because I lived in Dallas in the late 90s and during their Stanley Cup years I had friends that watched a bit. I know almost all the Stanley Cup Star players names. Belfour, Neiwendyk (spelled wrong I'm sure), Hull, Modano, Zubov, Hatcher, among others. I remember my dad watching some games and the handful I caught I was easily able to see how dirty Hatcher was.

I take back what I said about Dallas being cheapshot artists when Hatcher was around. I think I was just remembering Hatcher and for some reason attributed his issues to the whole team.

Nice win by the Caps!!
Originally posted by niners9:
Nice win by the Caps!!

nice win my ass.That's two games the refs gave them on two late b******t penalty callsWant to hear the nhl excuses now for when they dont do anything to ovechin.He left his feet and is a repeat offender but because he is a star he wont get anything.If i was torres i would send a copy of this hit right to the nhl office in ref to my appeal.You cant make up different rules for different players.I swaer the officals are against the rangers.
GO KINGS!!!!
f**k the Kings!!
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

So who are the so-called cheapshot artists in LA?
Share 49ersWebzone