LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by ads_2006:
didnt leap

boyle wasnt carried out on a stretcher

id still say at least 2 games

Thats what wrong it should not matter if he leaped or not boyle is 6-7 an his shoulder hit him dirrectly in the head that hit was worse then anyone of those torres hit.Should not matter about strecher or weather the guiy gets injured just should be about the intent to injure period.I wonder what james patrick would've gotten now adays for his hit on lafontaine years ago.Hard hits are part of hockey but intent to injure is different that hit was ten times worse then haglins elbow and he got three games for that lets see what happens.
Unreal just read there not going to disipline neil.f**kin shannhan you suck always you you were a true devil at heart and your just sticking to the rangers anyway you can you f**kin piece of s**t.
f**k Vancouver!!!!!!!
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Unreal just read there not going to disipline neil.f**kin shannhan you suck always you you were a true devil at heart and your just sticking to the rangers anyway you can you f**kin piece of s**t.

Are you talking about the hit in the Rangers, Senators series? That was clean man. Come on. This is hockey. He didn't leave his feet, didn't raise his elbows into the head. It was full body to body. That is how you are suppose to hit.
First time since 2001 that one of Detroit, Vancouver, or San Jose failed to advance to second round. All went out in 5 games this year
Man was I wrong with my predictions, lol!! I swear, hockey playoffs are the most difficult to predict.

In the west, I like St.Louis - Nashville matchup in the conference finals. I'd definately take Nashville over the winner of PHX-CHI.

The St. Louis-LA series should be very close though, maybe 7 game series of low scoring games and lots of OTs. I give the nod to St. Louis because they have more scoring depth. Although I think Doughty will be a great counter to the Blues' forecheck.

In the East, I have no clue yet what the 2nd round matchups will be. But I think the winner of the Boston-Washington series will take the East from what I've seen.

My 1st round player rankings of best players:
1. Claude Giroux - his play against the Penguins will go down as one of the most dominating performances by a forward in one series.
2. Jonathan Quick - LA may be an 8th seed, but with how Quick is playing he very would could get them to the Stanley Cup finals
3. Andy McDonald - the veteran defensive center came up huge on the powerplay with 6 of his 8 points coming from the PP
4. Lundqvist vs. Anderson - in the goalie duel out east, Anderson is on the verge of beating out the best dressed man
5. Dustin Brown - where Quick kept LA in games, Brown provided the scoring to win games
6. Rich Peverley - the only Boston player with more than 1 goal is also logging big time minutes and overtaken Bergeron
This first round has been crazy, It's good to see the Canucks getting knocked out early, but I hope the Blues steamroll the Kings in Round 2.

Going to be some great hockey tonight. Phoenix, Ottawa, and Florida have a chance to advance.
I'm still upset about the Red Wings losing I guess I'll root for the Kings in the West. As far as the East I don't really care except for the Bruins f**k them.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Man was I wrong with my predictions, lol!! I swear, hockey playoffs are the most difficult to predict.

In the west, I like St.Louis - Nashville matchup in the conference finals. I'd definately take Nashville over the winner of PHX-CHI.

The St. Louis-LA series should be very close though, maybe 7 game series of low scoring games and lots of OTs. I give the nod to St. Louis because they have more scoring depth. Although I think Doughty will be a great counter to the Blues' forecheck.

In the East, I have no clue yet what the 2nd round matchups will be. But I think the winner of the Boston-Washington series will take the East from what I've seen.

My 1st round player rankings of best players:
1. Claude Giroux - his play against the Penguins will go down as one of the most dominating performances by a forward in one series.
2. Jonathan Quick - LA may be an 8th seed, but with how Quick is playing he very would could get them to the Stanley Cup finals
3. Andy McDonald - the veteran defensive center came up huge on the powerplay with 6 of his 8 points coming from the PP
4. Lundqvist vs. Anderson - in the goalie duel out east, Anderson is on the verge of beating out the best dressed man
5. Dustin Brown - where Quick kept LA in games, Brown provided the scoring to win games
6. Rich Peverley - the only Boston player with more than 1 goal is also logging big time minutes and overtaken Bergeron

Actually Stoll and Doughty were the unsung heros in the Kings Nucks series. Your right about Quick though. Hes playing beter than any one else in the net right now. He had a pretty rough start of the season too.

Go Kings!!!

And to comment on these recent hits, The problem is that the NHL doesnt allow enforcers anymore, so dirty headhunting is allowed to run rampant.

In the old days guys didnt take cheap shots like that because they knew if the did, the next time they came on the ice they were gonna have to answer to guys like Dave Schultz, or Joe Kocur.

The NHL targeted Enforcers as the big bad bullies causing unnecisary injuries. Now the enforcers of old dont look so bad when you compare the cheap shots taking place and injurys that are caused by cheap shots.

What the NHL needs is more of this....

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 25, 2012 at 11:29 PM ]
Looking forward to the Washington Boston game tonight. This series has been great to watch.

Caps win!!!!
Originally posted by niners9:
Caps win!!!!

What a great game. Holtby had a great game to keep Washington in it. This was a great series.
makes the sharks exit seem less painful
THE DEVILS!!!!!!

MY SECOND FAVORITE TEAM AND MY CHILDHOOD TEAM
Kings v blues game one tonight!
Share 49ersWebzone