LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 340 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

He can win all the hart trophies he wants seeing him on that losing side of the handshake after his team blew another 3-1 series lead was priceless for me.
I think Ryan Getzlaf should have won the Hart.

And I think Kopitar should have won the Selke over Bergeron
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Paul Statsny to Blues rumors
In other hockey news:
  • Rangers bought out Brad Richards
  • Stars bought out Aaron Rome
  • Wild bought out Tom Gilbert
  • Canadians bought out Scott Gomez and Tomas Kaberle
  • Islanders bought out Rick DiPietro
  • Flyers bought out Bryzgalov and Danny Briere
  • Lightning bought out Vincent Lecavlier and Ryan Malone (arrested for DUI and possession of cocaine during their playoff run, lol)
  • Toronto bought out Mike Komisarek and Mikhail Grabovski
  • Vancouver bought out Kieth Ballard and David Booth
  • Capitals bought out Jeff Schultz
  • Edmonton traded for Nikita Nikitin from Columbus for a 5th rounder
  • Columbus acquired Scott Hartnell from Flyers for R.J. Umberger and a 4th rounder
  • Ducks acquire Louis Leblanc from Canadiens for 5th round pick
  • Kings re-sign Matt Greene to 4 year deal; and Marian Gaborik to 7 year deal (Gaborik is 32 years old right now)
  • Hurricaines sign Ron Hainsey to 3 year deal
  • Lightning sign Ryan Callahan to a 6 year deal, real head scratcher here

damn the blues are loading up on Centers. How many of those do you guys need?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

damn the blues are loading up on Centers. How many of those do you guys need?

just rumors now. spezza was a rumors too. statsny makes more sense though. went to school in STL and played on team USA w/ Oshie, Backes, Shattenkirk. losing miller gives STL some cap room. jake allen is their starting goal tender next year
Gaboriks deal is a very cap friendly deal for LA
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
  • Lightning bought out Vincent Lecavlier

Didn't those happen in 2013?

Won't be when you're paying him to play 35 games a year.wow didn't see that coming thanks cally for getting us a second round pick back makes losing those 3 overtime games in the finals a little less painful.
just rumors now. spezza was a rumors too. statsny makes more sense though. went to school in STL and played on team USA w/ Oshie, Backes, Shattenkirk. losing miller gives STL some cap room. jake allen is their starting goal tender next year

U better hope your right with Allen.i thought he was ready last year but they didn't even give him a chance.
Originally posted by Overkill:

Yeah, but its listed under 2014 moves? I heard that the Lightning still had to pay Lecavlier in 2014 (so he was earning 2 paychecks).

Not really sure on how it works, I think if you buy out huge contracts it counts as a buy out for more than 1 year or something? Teams only get 2 per year.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jun 26, 2014 at 9:48 AM ]
Originally posted by Overkill:

Yeah, but its listed under 2014 moves? I heard that the Lightning still had to pay Lecavlier in 2014 (so he was earning 2 paychecks).

Not really sure on how it works, I think if you buy out huge contracts it counts as a buy out for more than 1 year or something? Teams only get 2 per year.

if you buy a guy out you still have to pay him most of his money but it gets spread out over many years. for example after lecavlier's buy out the lighting owe him around 30 million spread out over 14 years.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:

U better hope your right with Allen.i thought he was ready last year but they didn't even give him a chance.

he filled in a few years ago and was great. could've got in last year but we had halak, elliot, miller. halak is gone, miller will be gone, so its his time
Share 49ersWebzone