LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

pretty good fight last night. Lol at trying to come at Johnson at the end.
Its that time of year again, trade deadline time!!!!

-It will be interesting to see what Dallas does. I don't think there is any way they move Brad Richards, IMO the bankers will clear the money to re-sign him. Dallas needs to add a defenseman, but IMO they won't. Dallas doesn't have any chips to trade with, if they move Ribiero I will be beyond pissed, it wouldn't make any sense. Now if Jamie Benn was healthy and stepping up his game, maybe they move Ribiero. Personally, I think Dallas should stay put.

-San Jose really needs to add a D, and Setoguchi is definite possibility to use as trade bait. My prediction is Setoguchi to Carolina for D Pitkanen

-I think Tampa Bay will trade Simon Gagne to Toronto for D Kaberle. Move would make a lot of sense for both teams.
from my understanding, the sharks were working on a minor league trade that would send a D-man to San Jose (ie chris phillips)
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Its that time of year again, trade deadline time!!!!

-It will be interesting to see what Dallas does. I don't think there is any way they move Brad Richards, IMO the bankers will clear the money to re-sign him. Dallas needs to add a defenseman, but IMO they won't. Dallas doesn't have any chips to trade with, if they move Ribiero I will be beyond pissed, it wouldn't make any sense. Now if Jamie Benn was healthy and stepping up his game, maybe they move Ribiero. Personally, I think Dallas should stay put.

-San Jose really needs to add a D, and Setoguchi is definite possibility to use as trade bait. My prediction is Setoguchi to Carolina for D Pitkanen

-I think Tampa Bay will trade Simon Gagne to Toronto for D Kaberle. Move would make a lot of sense for both teams.

I'm curious what Dallas does too. The west is exciting as hell right now and nobody knows who the hell the buyers and sellers are. Some people think this will be a boring trade deadline, but I think it'll be completely unpredictable.

One thing I do know for sure is that Boston is front runner right now for Kaberle. Rumours have it that they're very close already to pulling the trigger, but the B's need to make a secondary move to free up the necessary cap space. I'm not buying it going off before deadline though. Burke would have to be stupid or insane not to wait for other offers to come in. Boston has a lot of ammo this year though and I don't see the deal falling through this time.

I haven't heard anything about Tampa, but I've watched them play a fair bit lately and their problem isn't so much defenseman moving the puck. It's defenseman playing defense. They really do suck in their own end and they ride their goalie waaaay too hard.
Kaberle traded to Bruins..f**k
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Injuries got the best of the Blues this year
B's are on fire baby! We landed our f**king unicorn finally with the Kaberle deal, and got Peverly out of ATL for Wheeler and Stuart; RFA and UFA respectively and likely weren't coming back.

ATL threw in a project defenseman into the deal as well in Valabik. Sounds like Chara 2.0 if he can ever pull his head out of his ass, but I've never seen the guy play, that's just what I'm reading about em.
I doubt Dallas will do much of anything with Richards, seems like he will remain a Star for the remainder of the season.

Boston definetely had a busy day, some interesting pick ups. Ottawa and Avs switch goalies as Elliot is traded to Colorado for Anderson. Anderson had an amazing season last year, but has struggled most of this season, but Ottawa seems interested in giving him a long term deal if he can play well the last part of the season for them.

and Dallas is now in 7th in the West

It's going to be fun to watch the final few weeks of the season play out.
Chris Stewart, Kevin Shattenkirk, and future 2nd round pick to the Blues.

Avs get Erik Johnson, Jay McClement, and a future first round pick.

Avs prepping for the future, cant blame them. Lack of defense has hurt them.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Feb 19, 2011 at 7:40 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Not too sure how to feel about this. You guys have the best young defenseman in the game. 1st overall pick, Johnson. Don't know much about the 2 guys we got in return.

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Not too sure how to feel about this. You guys have the best young defenseman in the game. 1st overall pick, Johnson. Don't know much about the 2 guys we got in return.

Stewart is a scorer, if he can keep his temper in control. Shattenkirk was okay, but I think his value is iffy simply because the Avs best defensmen outside of Liles was injured (Quincey). I think the Avs made a smart move with the defensive situation.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Im gonna miss Johnson
Yeah I am suprised the Blues dealt Johnson, but Stewart was one of the best players earlier this season until he got injured and spent time on IR. Shattenkirk could be a potential top tier defensmen, he had a very strong start in his rookie season, but lately much like the Avs he has slowed down quite a bit. Still a good young player.

A lot of interesting moves so far, I wonder if the 28th will be half as active as this weekend
Wow the Ducks are getting violently molested by the Blues, 7-3 with about 5:00 left in the 2nd.

Now its 8-3....I shouldn't be enjoying this as much as I am
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Feb 19, 2011 at 6:43 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Wow the Ducks are getting violently molested by the Blues, 7-3 with about 5:00 left in the 2nd.

Now its 8-3....I shouldn't be enjoying this as much as I am

Share 49ersWebzone