LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

f**k YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! RANGERS ALL THE WAY!!!
Let's see if New York can make it to the cup now. Really would be bored to death to see New Jersey play. Ideal Cup at this point = NYR vs. LAK.

Tonight I went in hoping Washington could pull it out, even though I expected the Rangers would probably win a close one. Either way I wanted the winner of this to go on to get the Cup.
I hate all New York teams, so I guess I'm stuck rooting for a New Jersey vs. Phoenix matchup. Either case, this year blows.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
f**k YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! RANGERS ALL THE WAY!!!

LETS GO RANGERS ALL THE WAY TO CUP.BYE BYE OVIE>
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I hate all New York teams, so I guess I'm stuck rooting for a New Jersey vs. Phoenix matchup. Either case, this year blows.

NHL is having a wet dream of NY vs LA in the finals.
Go King Go! Lets get this s**t done!
Didn't see much desperation in the Caps last night. The Rangers look pretty good playing solid team defense in front of Lundqvist.
hockey is sooooooooooo boring without the sharks
As much as I dislike Dustin Brown (and the Kings for that matter), you have to respect how he has stepped up his game these playoffs. Reminds me of Brendan Morrow during the Stars 2008 playoff run.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by drunk49er:
screw ovechkin. he's singlehandedly made patrick marleau the second softest star in the nhl. dude thinks he's a basketball star or something. play hard on offense, take lots of shots. doesn't backcheck hard, won't go down to block shots, generally not much effort on defense. talented as hell, but he doesn't deserve to win a cup until he's willing to play both ways.

you think it's a coincidence that he's playing career low playoff minutes per 60 and they're winning? his overall minutes are not technically down, but that's because ot games are driving up the averages.

crosbaby with a concussion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ob***hken

You either love him or hate him. I have no problem saying he is not as complete of a player as Crosby, but I deep down believe he is superiorly talented and just hasn't dedicated himself to any of the other stuff. All opinion though.

It's almost a given that those who like Crosby hate Ovechkin too. (Not lumping you in with those guys, obviously, drunk -- considering the "crosbaby" comment )

I have nothing against Ovechkin. Unlike Crosby, he doesn't annoy me gobbling up all NHL media attention no matter freaking what is going on. During Crosby's concussion STILL you couldn't stop hearing about him. He's the top player in the NHL. We get it. Now shut up about it. (directed at the media)

i don't like crosbaby. i think he's a whiney little b***h. regardless, i do respect his game and that he's an actual leader, is willing to do the dirty work and doesn't think everyone should just bow down to his star status. ovechkin has more talent, but the dude thinks he's an nba star. lazy defense, bad attitude and no willingness to do the hard dirty work. hockey is as much about hard work and grit as it is about talent. god given talent means crap if you don't put in the work. ovechkin doesn't deserve to win a cup in my eyes.

ovechkin is suddenly far less effective on offense because his coach has the gall to tell him not to skate lazy on defense, not take off out of the zone before his team even gains possession... lazy, lazy, lazy. dude is like the blake griffin of hockey. highlight plays and not much substance. anyone calling him the lebron of hockey is stupid. lebron plays defense. they do have in common the penchant for underperforming when the stage is big.

i hope they enjoy paying him 8 million a year for the next decade.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
NHL is having a wet dream of NY vs LA in the finals.

i'd argue they'd like to see phoenix in there, if only for the fact that it makes the coyotes a more viable franchise. they don't want to move them into a saturated canadian market, they want to grow their us fanbase. the coyotes are losing money hand over fist, but if they suddenly look like a real contender they'll get some of the attention, especially with the cardinals and the suns sucking so much the last couple years.

they've sold the coyotes to an owner who wants to keep them in Phoenix
Originally posted by eamjr10:
As much as I dislike Dustin Brown (and the Kings for that matter), you have to respect how he has stepped up his game these playoffs. Reminds me of Brendan Morrow during the Stars 2008 playoff run.

I thouhgt the same thing.

I've been pretty wrong with my predictions, but I'm going LA - NY finals.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
they've sold the coyotes to an owner who wants to keep them in Phoenix

yeah, but that could change in two years if it's still not working.
Go Kings Go! Game two tonight, lets get this s**t done then head home.
As much as it hurts me to say this but the Kings are unstoppable.
Share 49ersWebzone