LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

NHL better be on espn/abc next season

getting tired of this versus s**t
Originally posted by ads_2006:
NHL better be on espn/abc next season

getting tired of this versus s**t

What's wrong with Versus? I'm glad Directv started to get it, the presentation is okay, but it seems like they actually care about the sport, and enjoy showing it.
Stars 2
Ducks 5

Horrible loss to the Ducks! They owned the first period, then just gave the game away in the 2nd.
How about Chris Stewart on the Avalanche? 14pts, including 8 goals, in 10 games. Seems he has "arrived."

And its time to start talking about Stamkos in the same breath as Crosby/Ovechkin. He didn't have the same instant impact rookie year. But last year he finished 5th in points and tied with Crosby for most goals. And this year he has the best start of anyone.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Oh look at who's #1

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

• Otter
  • Veteran
^^ The Bruins should challenge them.
in 12 games,

Brad Richards 18pts, +10
Loui Eriksson 16 pts, +13
James Neal 12pts, +8

I love this line, I would really take them over a lot of the more highly regarded units in the NHL.

Those 3 combine for the MOST points and the best +/- in the whole league. Yet none of the "experts" comment on it
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 6, 2010 at 4:15 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Otter:

Game starts in 40 minutes
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
in 12 games,

Brad Richards 18pts, +10
James Neal 12pts, +8

I love this line, I would really take them over a lot of the more highly regarded units in the NHL.

Those 3 combine for the MOST points and the best +/- in the whole league. Yet none of the "experts" comment on it

Yeah without a doubt this is one of the top lines in the NHL, fans don't realize it but the opposing teams they play do. Stars have another 3 game win streak going, trying to make it four tonight against Colorado. I love how this team has come together.
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Nov 6, 2010 at 4:56 PM ]
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
in 12 games,

Brad Richards 18pts, +10
James Neal 12pts, +8

Yeah without a doubt this is one of the top lines in the NHL, fans don't realize it but the opposing teams they play do. Stars have another 3 game win streak going, trying to make it four tonight against Colorado. I love how this team has come together.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with our group of forwards, they are doing great as I expected. Lehtonen has played decent, but he still has room for improvement, love how he moves for such a big guy.

But we all know our weakness, our D. If we brought in one big name D, man this team would be deadly. Fix our ownership problem so we can re-sign Richards and bring in a top D to complete our roster!

Originally posted by jrg:

Good physical game. You see that little tank Sobotka blast Thornton lol! Wish we hung onto him, he had a hell of a playoffs for us last year.

Your boys can skate and they're stubborn as hell in their own end. We could barely get set up in the offensive zone in the 1st period. B's are a 3rd period team though dude, so get your cryin' towel ready
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:

Good physical game. You see that little tank Sobotka blast Thornton lol! Wish we hung onto him, he had a hell of a playoffs for us last year.

Your boys can skate and they're stubborn as hell in their own end. We could barely get set up in the offensive zone in the 1st period. B's are a 3rd period team though dude, so get your cryin' towel ready

Very physical game..but then again every Blues game I've watched so far has been super physical...lots of fights..and don't count on it..you guys cant score on Halak.
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:

Very physical game..but then again every Blues game I've watched so far has been super physical...lots of fights..and don't count on it..you guys cant score on Halak.

This one's starting to get ugly lol! We're gonna have to get an ugly goal here. What's Halak working on, his 3rd straight shut out or something?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Had to run my mouth
Wooooo! I think Oshie knocked out Krejci...nope, he's moving. That was a pretty violent hit.
Share 49ersWebzone