LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 326 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
They didnt impress? Doughty and Mitchell were on fire! a couple others had off games, but that will improve as the series goes on.

Not sure what game you watched.

You guys came out and caught them off guard early with your speed through the neutral zone, but everyone knew that was a possibility after the last series against the hawks.

Did you not see the third period?
I guess that wasn't your two best defenseman that Benoit blew by to score or your other great defenseman who put the puck in his own net.and yes grade did give it away at the end but that won't happen at the garden your ice is horrendous. Even when you scored still didn't seem to loud to me that's because all the fans u can get out there are movie stars Wait Unit Game 3 You Want Even Be Able To Hear John Singing The National Anthem.

Those mistakes were in the 1st period, how'd your team do against our defense after that? Oh only 10 shots on goal after Doughtys goal. So in almost 40 min if play the rangers managed 10 shots... Yeah the Kings defense sucks... 12 min without a shot, 3 shots in the 3rd.... Yeah they suck! Oh what about the rangers "superior defence"? Gave up a 2-0 lead, gave up 3 unanswered goals, a few cheap shots on the way to a L! Gave up 40+ shots on goal, way to help out Lundqvist. And Staple Center not loud? You obviously weren't watching the same game. At one point they went to the reporter next to the ice and asked him a question. The reporter said something like, ah it's way to loud down here I can't really hear anything you said (while having a ear piece in), but I'm going to go ahead and guess your question is about Quick. So loud he couldn't hear his own ear piece... Oh and by the way, the Rangers are so awesome that in a city with the population of 8.4 million, couldn't beat out the attendance of the LA Kings and their 3.8 million population
like I would believe anything that douche pierre says.Thank god I will be at the garden when that other ass emerick comes back so I wont have to here him until game 5.
LOL. I dont even know how to respond to these anymore.
I know one thing u will agree with hope Sherman breaks his leg now that he got the madden cover I know it doesn't belong here but I had to get u to agree with me on something.
[ Edited by diehardnyninerfan on Jun 6, 2014 at 5:37 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by crabman82:
is willie mitchell still playing on the kings? guy lived next door to me when he played in vancouver

Yes, and he played a great game 1

yeah hes a good dude, nice to hear he is doing well, i know he had some concussions issues in years prior since leaving the canucks.
He is a big reason for the success of our cup run in 2012.

Last season he was out with the knee injury, and i think that is a big reason the defense wore down in the post season last year and we weren't able to get past the Hawks in the conference finals(that and a brutal series against the blues which left us extremely thin in defensive depth.)

This post season he has almost been better than he was in 2012. He is a huge part of the success this post season, and a really underrated part of the defense.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
They didnt impress? Doughty and Mitchell were on fire! a couple others had off games, but that will improve as the series goes on.

Not sure what game you watched.

You guys came out and caught them off guard early with your speed through the neutral zone, but everyone knew that was a possibility after the last series against the hawks.

Did you not see the third period?
I guess that wasn't your two best defenseman that Benoit blew by to score or your other great defenseman who put the puck in his own net.and yes grade did give it away at the end but that won't happen at the garden your ice is horrendous. Even when you scored still didn't seem to loud to me that's because all the fans u can get out there are movie stars Wait Unit Game 3 You Want Even Be Able To Hear John Singing The National Anthem.

Those mistakes were in the 1st period, how'd your team do against our defense after that? Oh only 10 shots on goal after Doughtys goal. So in almost 40 min if play the rangers managed 10 shots... Yeah the Kings defense sucks... 12 min without a shot, 3 shots in the 3rd.... Yeah they suck! Oh what about the rangers "superior defence"? Gave up a 2-0 lead, gave up 3 unanswered goals, a few cheap shots on the way to a L! Gave up 40+ shots on goal, way to help out Lundqvist. And Staple Center not loud? You obviously weren't watching the same game. At one point they went to the reporter next to the ice and asked him a question. The reporter said something like, ah it's way to loud down here I can't really hear anything you said (while having a ear piece in), but I'm going to go ahead and guess your question is about Quick. So loud he couldn't hear his own ear piece... Oh and by the way, the Rangers are so awesome that in a city with the population of 8.4 million, couldn't beat out the attendance of the LA Kings and their 3.8 million population
If it wasnt for Lundqvist playing an amazing game in net, that game would have gotten out of hand in the third period. You can blame the ice all you want for the speed disappearing through the neutral zone, but it was pretty clear the kings flat out wore the Blues down, which i predicted prior to the series.

The Rangers simply dont have the depth to hang with the kings and they got drug into deep water. Like i said, next game will tell a lot about how much they want to make it a series. if they cant exploit their speed advantage, and continue to attempt to play the type of physical game the kings love, it will get bad for them.

The kings have showed all post season they arent going to fade as the game goes on. Im not so sure the Rangers can say the same against a team like the Kings. I favor this match up way more than any series this entire post season. By quite a wide margin actually.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Rangers up 2-0 quick again
Good s**t. Go Rangers!
The more I root against the L.A. Kings, the more they win. I give up lol.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 7, 2014 at 6:57 PM ]
The Kings get a stupid break almost every game.

Kings player falls onto Lundqvist, puck goes in, refs say "looked fine to me."

I dont like that its 4-4 in regular season and 5-5 in the playoffs for overtime
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Great game so far
Originally posted by Knowledge:

I prefer 5-5, 4-4 and shoot out is gimmicky imo
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Knowledge:

I prefer 5-5, 4-4 and shoot out is gimmicky imo