LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

how bout them habs?
just saw the bertuzzi hit

what a b***h move by bertuzzi
Yeah it was a dirty hit definitely, Bertuzzi is an idiot.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Bertuzzi gets a 10 minute game misconduct for elbowing, sounds like another week long discussion coming up.....

Originally posted by DaManRathman:
I will never hate a player more than Todd Bertuzzi

Forever a douche.
Bertuzzi gets a 10 minute game misconduct for elbowing, sounds like another week long discussion coming up.....

I will never hate a player more than Todd Bertuzzi

Forever a douche.

LMFAO. Bertuzzi gets a slap on the wrist for this and Heatley gets suspended for a chest/shoulder hit in which the league GUESSED on the video that he hit Ott in head?

What the EFF is wrong with this picture? Link with video below.

League won't even review Bertuzzi hit: http://www.detnews.com/article/20110329/SPORTS0103/103290398/1265/Bertuzzi%E2%80%99s-hit-on-Johnson-won-t-be-reviewed-by-NHL

Another big win for the NHL Wheel O' Justice

Proof positive that everybody in the league is subject to the same randomly generated results of supplementary discipline hearings. It has nothing to do with a league bias towards the big eastern clubs that reside within the blast radius of the NHL's media center. Nothing to see here

For real though, I didn't see anything in the hit that looked particularly malicious, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a stupid play by Bert. He's gotta get something, if for no other reason than to say: "we don't care if you meant to or not, you guys gotta start taking care of eachother out there".

The players need to get a handle on this crap before the league is forced to legislate an all encompassing rule against head shots. I've seen this kind of rule instituted by the IIHF for leagues in western europe as well as Sweden and I'm assuming Finland has similar rules, but not sure? The hockey is a defensive snoozefest. Full of power plays and collapsing defense and shot blocking, with very few board battles to speak of, nor any semblance of open ice hitting. Completely unwatchable by North American standards (although I do enjoy the big ice).

The players really need to get their heads out of their asses on this one before Bettman and his owners do something drastically stupid to ruin this game. I have no confidence in that "Competition Committee" to make any relevant rulings or changes regarding the subject either. Time for the players to grow up.
This might come in handy...

This might come in handy...

Awesomeness is awesome! FTW

And there you have it. I don't see what the problem is???

Criteria:

-penalty called on the play:

-match penalty assessed:

-head shot:

-disciplinary precedent set:

-perfect climate within the state of the league to make another strong statement regarding head shots:

-past history with the offender: big on that one baby

Ruling: meh!

Whaaaaa?

[ Edited by NatralBrnThrila on Mar 30, 2011 at 13:55:29 ]
Stars in an absolute must win tonight, should be a great game.
Stars in an absolute must win tonight, should be a great game.

6-0 hahaha Go Sharks!!!!

Stars definitely did not play like a desperate team. They looked totally uninterested out there. What was with them?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Stars definitely did not play like a desperate team. They looked totally uninterested out there. What was with them?

Man, they are just playing like a team that has lost all confidence. This is not the same team that took the ice for the majority of the regular season. Going into the season, I knew the Stars were in sort of a rebuilding phase and knew they would more than likely have to have some good luck and fortune to get a 7th or 8th Playoff spot, but this team played great in January going 8-0-2 they were playing with confidence, and were having fun. Now this team skates like most people thought they would, it is dissapointing.

My Stars lost to the Sharks, and My Mavs lost to the Lakers on the same night....

[ Edited by eamjr10 on Apr 1, 2011 at 10:19:16 ]

Man, they are just playing like a team that has lost all confidence. This is not the same team that took the ice for the majority of the regular season. Going into the season, I knew the Stars were in sort of a rebuilding phase and knew they would more than likely have to have some good luck and fortune to get a 7th or 8th Playoff spot, but this team played great in January going 8-0-2 they were playing with confidence, and were having fun. Now this team skates like most people thought they would, it is dissapointing.

My Stars lost to the Sharks, and My Mavs lost to the Lakers on the same night....

Daley f**king sucks. Thats the problem. First goal, WTF are you doing Daley?!??!?! f**kING BACK CHECK. PLAY LIKE YOU'RE ON DEFENSE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. If he back checks on that play, he would have been in position to deny the rebound. 2nd goal he takes a dumb penalty, and Sharks score on PP. I can't believe he was signed to such a huge extension and I have to watch his sub par play for so much longer. HE is a good skater, but a terrible player. I wanted to throw my beer at the TV so bad, I just can't believe that as a defenseman he doesn't back check. Its f**king hockey 101, and we are playing for our playoff lives. WTF is he doing?

The only player that I thought had a good game was Goligoski.

And Wowyitka? Get him off this team!!!

What happened to our team is Grossman got banged up. We need him so bad as our #3 D, because Daley/Wowyitka are just terrible and aren't stepping up. This team is in serious trouble, they need new ownership or this team will be a bottom dweller, because without a new owner we will probably lose Richards.

I mean, we were playing Lukowich against you guys. Luckowish!! Thats how bad our depth on D is.

I pray we get new ownership, re-sign Richards, go after Ehrhoff to give him some big money (We have the cap space, just not the owner's $$ to spend). And sign D John Erskine. Then go with Ehrhoff/Goligoski, Robidas/Grossman, Erskine/Daley as our D. We need a top 6 RW desperately, but there is no one in FA thats worth it. And we got 3 RW prospects that all have a good shot making the jump to pro's next year, so hopefully one of them can fill that role.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Apr 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Daley f**king sucks. Thats the problem. First goal, WTF are you doing Daley?!??!?! f**kING BACK CHECK. PLAY LIKE YOU'RE ON DEFENSE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. If he back checks on that play, he would have been in position to deny the rebound. 2nd goal he takes a dumb penalty, and Sharks score on PP. I can't believe he was signed to such a huge extension and I have to watch his sub par play for so much longer. HE is a good skater, but a terrible player. I wanted to throw my beer at the TV so bad, I just can't believe that as a defenseman he doesn't back check. Its f**king hockey 101, and we are playing for our playoff lives. WTF is he doing?

The only player that I thought had a good game was Goligoski.

And Wowyitka? Get him off this team!!!

What happened to our team is Grossman got banged up. We need him so bad as our #3 D, because Daley/Wowyitka are just terrible and aren't stepping up. This team is in serious trouble, they need new ownership or this team will be a bottom dweller, because without a new owner we will probably lose Richards.

I mean, we were playing Lukowich against you guys. Luckowish!! Thats how bad our depth on D is.

I pray we get new ownership, re-sign Richards, go after Ehrhoff to give him some big money (We have the cap space, just not the owner's $$ to spend). And sign D John Erskine. Then go with Ehrhoff/Goligoski, Robidas/Grossman, Erskine/Daley as our D. We need a top 6 RW desperately, but there is no one in FA thats worth it. And we got 3 RW prospects that all have a good shot making the jump to pro's next year, so hopefully one of them can fill that role.

Everyone in San Jose Sharks nation screamed, "Thank God!" when Lukowich was gone from our team. Aside from Goligoski, I really don't see anyone on the Stars D that would ever scare me, and they just don't have any big names back there. Robidas I guess is a little more known around the league, but barely.
Everyone in San Jose Sharks nation screamed, "Thank God!" when Lukowich was gone from our team. Aside from Goligoski, I really don't see anyone on the Stars D that would ever scare me, and they just don't have any big names back there. Robidas I guess is a little more known around the league, but barely.

I still cannot believe they traded Neal and Niskanen for Goligoski. They are so screwed if Richards leaves as a UFA.
Share 49ersWebzone