• jrg
  • Veteran
Wow
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
gonna try to get back into hockey this season...havent been a fan since the strike...use to be a HUGE Avs fan...they seem to have alot of good youth so im intrigued

they arent all that.

Young talent

but

I think they are about to overspend in Free Agency because they need to reach the Cap Floor.

hopefully its on a goalie

You guys were saying? Varlomov's rights traded to Colorado: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=568023&navid=mod-rr-headlines

really retarded deal on their end

and yes they will overspend to keep Varlomov because Varlomov is rumored to be going to the KHL for the $$$$$

and

he still may have issues with his knee

Lol
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
gonna try to get back into hockey this season...havent been a fan since the strike...use to be a HUGE Avs fan...they seem to have alot of good youth so im intrigued

they arent all that.

Young talent

but

I think they are about to overspend in Free Agency because they need to reach the Cap Floor.

hopefully its on a goalie

You guys were saying? Varlomov's rights traded to Colorado: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=568023&navid=mod-rr-headlines

really retarded deal on their end

and yes they will overspend to keep Varlomov because Varlomov is rumored to be going to the KHL for the $$$$$

and

he still may have issues with his knee

I agree HORRIBLE move by Colorado, they gave up way too much. I'm not sure who the Avs GM is but some of his moves have been questionable of late, epecially when you go back to the trade deadline and see him move future stars like Chris Stewart, Kevin Shattenkirk, and established vet Wojtek Wolski.

Love going back and reading old comments hahaha
Congrats to the Avs!
f**kin nbc now I have to sell my ticket for game two at the garden.Easter sunday really.
Wow I had no idea both Teemu Selanne AND Jean Sebastian Giguire were both retiring. Damn those two are in my top 3 favorite all time players. Giggy was incredible for the Ducks back in the day. I remember staying up so late in high school watching Giggy and the Mighty Ducks face off against the Red Wings in the Western Finals and then the amazing series against the Devils for the Stanley Cup even though they lost. These two both deserve their jerseys in the rafters in Anaheim and I hope it happens.

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Apr 14, 2014 at 12:12 AM ]
My playoff predictions

West
Ducks over Stars in 6, just not enough depth scoring for the Stars to get by. IMO it all depends on if the grinders Garbutt/Roussel/Eakin/Cole can chip in offensively.

Sharks over Kings in 7, best 1st round series. Gaborik is a major wildcard, but I don't think Quick is as good as he has been in the past, he's been off this year.

Avs over Wild in 5, the miracle year continues

Blackhawks over Blues in 5, the Blues are dead in the water right now unless their forwards suddenly get full health

Sharks over Ducks in 7, Blackhawks over Avs in 5, Blackhawks over Sharks in 7

East

Boston over Red Wings in 7, Red Wings are a dangerous team to face in the 1st round and Zetterberg I think is expected to play

Canadians over Lightning in 6, Bishop's has had a nice fluke year but he is banged up, time for that to end.

Penguins over Blue Jackets in 6, Columbus will put up more of a fight then people realize. I'd even go as far as to say an upset wouldn't shock me.

Rangers over Flyers in 7, offense vs defense! I choose to error on the side of defense

Boston over Canadians in 6, Penguins over Rangers in 6, Bruins over Penguins in 5

Stanley Cup: In a rematch, Boston beats Chicago in 6
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Apr 14, 2014 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
My playoff predictions

West
Ducks over Stars in 6, just not enough depth scoring for the Stars to get by. IMO it all depends on if the grinders Garbutt/Roussel/Eakin/Cole can chip in offensively.

Sharks over Kings in 7, best 1st round series. Gaborik is a major wildcard, but I don't think Quick is as good as he has been in the past, he's been off this year.

Blackhawks over Blues in 5, the Blues are dead in the water right now unless their forwards suddenly get full health

East

Boston over Red Wings in 7, Red Wings are a dangerous team to face in the 1st round and Zetterberg I think is expected to play

Canadians over Lightning in 6, Bishop's has had a nice fluke year but he is banged up, time for that to end.

Penguins over Blue Jackets in 6, Columbus will put up more of a fight then people realize. I'd even go as far as to say an upset wouldn't shock me.

Rangers over Flyers in 7, offense vs defense! I choose to error on the side of defense

Boston over Canadians in 6, Penguins over Rangers in 6, Bruins over Penguins in 5

I am just going to pick one upset a round.Here's my first I think they get Zetterberg back and knock off boston in 6.
My playoff predictions

West

East

If the Avs face the BlackHawks that series is at least going 6 games 7 more than likely. Avs are 6-1 against the Blackhawks this year I believe
[ Edited by Knowledge on Apr 15, 2014 at 3:48 PM ]

Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
My playoff predictions

West

East

I am just going to pick one upset a round.Here's my first I think they get Zetterberg back and knock off boston in 6.

I know I said one but I think Columbus is winning in 7 also.
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
I know I said one but I think Columbus is winning in 7 also.

I can see any team being upset this year, there is no favored seed that is safe IMO
bad loss for Columbus last night u cant give up that lead on the road.
I kind of liked what I saw from the Stars.

The score looked a lot worse (when it was 4-0) then the game play actually was. The Stars actually had more scoring opportunities then the Ducks.

But Stars turnovers in their own zone, and the lack of speed among the Stars' defenseman were clearly the reasons for the loss.

Overall it was basically what you expected. The Stars top line did great, and the Ducks depth won the game.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone