There are 242 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Stars 4
Detroit 1

It amazing what getting a few players back like Benn, Burish , and Barch will do to a team, last night was the best the Stars have looked in about a month. Richards should be coming back soon too, I think the Stars will be in a good position.

I think the wings were all drunk

Nah, we've actually beaten Detroit 3 out of 4 times this season, we just matchup well against them I guess.

How about Goligoski? I'm telling you man it was a good trade for Dallas.

Goligoski is a star (no pun intended) in the making. A definite top pair defenseman with great offensive skills.

Edit: Both goals were on Robidas by the way, both times he failed to take care of the front of the net...

Yeah I have to say that I like what I've seen from Goligoski so far, he is a solid player and adds that stability we needed on the back end. I have seen him make the wrong read and get burned a few times, but when it happens he hustles back and makes a great effort to make up for it.

On today's GWG late in the 3rd he failed to hold the blue line and gave up a 2 on 1 rush, Lehtonen made the save, but Goligoski tracked down the puck and moved it up the ice and eventually made the sweet pass to Loui for the game winner.

Lehtonen has been huge for us lately too, and with all the guys getting back from injuries I think we will be ok.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Blues streak of not being shutout ended tonight...

111 games
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Blues Trade Boyes to Buffalo

ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced Sunday the club has acquired a second round draft choice in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft from Buffalo in exchange for forward Brad Boyes.

Boyes, 28, was acquired by St. Louis from Boston on Feb. 27, 2007 and played five seasons with the Blues, appearing in 327 games, registering 232 points (106 goals, 126 assists) along with 106 penalty minutes.

For his career, Boyes has skated in 472 National Hockey League (NHL) games, recording 335 points (145 goals, 190 assists) and 163 penalty minutes.
Originally posted by jrg:

ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced Sunday the club has acquired a second round draft choice in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft from Buffalo in exchange for forward Brad Boyes.

Boyes, 28, was acquired by St. Louis from Boston on Feb. 27, 2007 and played five seasons with the Blues, appearing in 327 games, registering 232 points (106 goals, 126 assists) along with 106 penalty minutes.

For his career, Boyes has skated in 472 National Hockey League (NHL) games, recording 335 points (145 goals, 190 assists) and 163 penalty minutes.

Doesn't this hurt St. Louis?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

We're not making the playoffs this year...too many injuries. Boyes used to be our top scorer..but he's looked lost out there lately and hasn't been the same. The Blues are stockpiling young talent and draft picks.

Not really.. Only has 12 goals this year and really needs a change of scenery. Blues unload 4mil for next year and make room for Tarasenko to come up from Russian JR's. We still have Perron on the sidelines and need room in our top 6 for him too when he's back. Best of luck to Boyes. My jersey is now void tho
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jordache49:

Not really.. Only has 12 goals this year and really needs a change of scenery. Blues unload 4mil for next year and make room for Tarasenko to come up from Russian JR's. We still have Perron on the sidelines and need room in our top 6 for him too when he's back. Best of luck to Boyes. My jersey is now void tho

I had a jersey/shirt thats the same.
Man the Western Conference playoff race is ridiculous, the March to the Playoffs begin tonight, it's going to be either a great few weeks or a dissapointing month of hockey for most fans, but I can't wait, there is going to be some awesome hockey played every night, the playoffs basically begin now for most teams.

Stars need a win tonight in Phoenix
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Man the Western Conference playoff race is ridiculous, the March to the Playoffs begin tonight, it's going to be either a great few weeks or a dissapointing month of hockey for most fans, but I can't wait, there is going to be some awesome hockey played every night, the playoffs basically begin now for most teams.

With all the injuries it's becoming more and more difficult to keep my hopes up for my Blues...

With all the injuries it's becoming more and more difficult to keep my hopes up for my Blues...

Yeah I know how that is, I remember the 2008-09 season after the Stars made it all the way to the WCFs, the next season they were ravaged by injuries and missed the playoffs.

But the Blues are not quite out of it, if they can somehow put together a winning streak this month they could jump right back into the mix. The last part of the schedule is so division and conference heavy that the better teams will weed out the weaker teams. I believe the teams that have the better records during this month will be the playoff teams, should be a great month of hockey.

wow, I leave to go to the grocery store with Stars up 2-0 with about 7 minutes left.

Come back and they win 3-2? lol, 3 goals scored in final 7?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Blues lose at home 6-0 to Calgary

Season over.
Blues lose at home 6-0 to Calgary

Season over.

Sorry bud.

My totally wrong prediction on West final seeds
1. Vancouver
2. Detroit
3. San Jose
4. Calgary
5. LA
6. Dallas
7. Chicago
8. Columbus
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
wow, I leave to go to the grocery store with Stars up 2-0 with about 7 minutes left.

Come back and they win 3-2? lol, 3 goals scored in final 7?

Man you missed the best part of the entire game! Basically Dallas allowed Phoenix two goals in the final 3:40 or so. With the game tying goal coming with just 37 seconds left..I was like CRAP!!! But then, Ribs drew a hooking penalty with about 13 seconds to play in regulation, they won the faceoff and got the puck to the front of the net where Jamie Benn scored the game winning goal with 4.8 seconds left. The Jobing.com Arena was stunned and I started yelling and woke up my entire household. Great game!
The Dallas Stars have had the last two nights off, after Tuesday's win we were sitting 6th in the Conference, now we are 9th. HUGE game tonight against divisional rivals the Anaheim Ducks, this is the first game of a back to back so this one is very important we need to ensure we get at least 2 points here.

BEAT THE DUCKS
Share 49ersWebzone