LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Rangers still done son. So are you complaining that Kings got lucky when the guy used his hand in the crease. Should have been a penalty shot.

Doesn't matter, series is all over.
The rule says u cant cover or close your hand on the puck in the crease which Stephan did not he just pushed the puck under hank with his hand a little luck last night with the puck just stopping there but great defense the whole game.
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Where are all u king fans now.i posted after every loss u guys lose one and tour nowhere to be found.

Rangers played a good game. The bounces finally went their way for once.
The rule says u cant cover or close your hand on the puck in the crease which Stephan did not he just pushed the puck under hank with his hand a little luck last night with the puck just stopping there but great defense the whole game.

I have no problem with that non-call. There is more snow in that crease than Sochi, but that's the game. We can't keep putting ourselves in a 2-0 hole to start games and expect to win.

Muzzin is still pissing me off this series. He clears the puck and that first goal doesn't happen. Trevor Lewis finally hitting a wide open net would help, too.

I'm not worried, yet. We were 4 inches from winning 3-2 on their ice despite failing to get much traffic in front of Lundquist and out shot them 30-3 in the last half of the game. We'll see what happens Friday on our ice.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
That was indicative of my major complaint with low scoring sports. Kings dominated the majority of that game.

Hard to dominate when you arent scoring. The Rangers were on the attack far more in game 2, but they couldnt do anything with it.

This series also features arguably the 2 best goalies in the NHL, so sometimes there isnt going to be much scoring.

LOL...that's my point. It's a sport where you can dominate the action and not score.
That was indicative of my major complaint with low scoring sports. Kings dominated the majority of that game.

Hard to dominate when you arent scoring. The Rangers were on the attack far more in game 2, but they couldnt do anything with it.

This series also features arguably the 2 best goalies in the NHL, so sometimes there isnt going to be much scoring.

LOL...that's my point. It's a sport where you can dominate the action and not score.

For the most part, thats not true. While it does happen, it is more rare that it appears at times in the post season, because typically you are watching teams with top rated goalies. But when you have Goalies like Lundqvist and Quick, they can take over the game. Like i said it does happen, but less commonly then it appears. Ultimately if you dont sink the puck, you dont sink the puck.
Originally posted by Overkill:

I have no problem with that non-call. There is more snow in that crease than Sochi, but that's the game. We can't keep putting ourselves in a 2-0 hole to start games and expect to win.

Muzzin is still pissing me off this series. He clears the puck and that first goal doesn't happen. Trevor Lewis finally hitting a wide open net would help, too.

I'm not worried, yet. We were 4 inches from winning 3-2 on their ice despite failing to get much traffic in front of Lundquist and out shot them 30-3 in the last half of the game. We'll see what happens Friday on our ice.

Good no Call.

Im not worried in the slightest. They got ONE road win, and they had to hold onto that for dear life. Now we get to raise the cup on home ice.

I thought rangers fans were comical with the "we want the cup" chant.

The rule says:
"No defending player, except the goalkeeper, will be permitted to fall on the puck, hold the puck, pick up the puck, or gather the puck into the body or hands when the puck is within the goal crease. "

He clearly did both the bold.

I'm okay with a no-call, its a judgement call by the ref that can go either way. Personally I think it should have been called. If you don't call it, players are just going to crash more into the net, and fall into their crease to stop the puck. Its bad for the game and an injury risk.

edit: For example, as Stepan dropped to his knee and started to push the puck with his hand, what is a Kings player suppose to do? Charge him and push the player into the net? We already eliminated that for goalies, why allow a player to be a target like that? Or maybe the Kings player should just hack the s**t out of the Rangers player hand and break it? What Stepan did puts the Kings in an impossible position when there is a loose puck in the crease.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jun 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

The rule says:
"No defending player, except the goalkeeper, will be permitted to fall on the puck, hold the puck, pick up the puck, or gather the puck into the body or hands when the puck is within the goal crease. "

He clearly did both the bold.

I'm okay with a no-call, its a judgement call by the ref that can go either way. Personally I think it should have been called. If you don't call it, players are just going to crash more into the net, and fall into their crease to stop the puck. Its bad for the game and an injury risk.

edit: For example, as Stepan dropped to his knee and started to push the puck with his hand, what is a Kings player suppose to do? Charge him and push the player into the net? We already eliminated that for goalies, why allow a player to be a target like that? Or maybe the Kings player should just hack the s**t out of the Rangers player hand and break it? What Stepan did puts the Kings in an impossible position when there is a loose puck in the crease.

Initially he did none of that. He seemed very carefull to sweep it out with an open glove, there was no holding, picking up, of the puck, and i wouldnt say he gathered it either. After the initial sweep, he did bring the other hand in, and that where the no call got a bit murky.

Im a kings fan, and i think it was a good no call personally, although i do agree it was a judgment call that could have gone either way. Plays like that happen so seldom that i dont think a no call like that has any overall effect on the game long term.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jun 12, 2014 at 12:01 PM ]

My point is you arent actually dominating anything in the first place unless youre scoring. Saying the Kings "dominated the game, but couldnt score" makes no sense.

Ultimately hockey always comes down to defense and goalie play. Kings fans should understand this, because its what makes them really good.

And I dont think its only in low scoring sports. In football you can drive the ball up and down the field, but have trouble punching it in while in the red zone. The 49ers have that problem.

In baseball you can load the bases every inning, but if you dont get those big hits with RISP, you dont win.

In the NBA you could take far more shots than the opposing team, but if youre shooting poorly, you wont win. Etc.

My point is you arent actually dominating anything in the first place unless youre scoring. Saying the Kings "dominated the game, but couldnt score" makes no sense.

Ultimately hockey always comes down to defense and goalie play. Kings fans should understand this, because its what makes them really good.

And I dont think its only in low scoring sports. In football you can drive the ball up and down the field, but have trouble punching it in while in the red zone. The 49ers have that problem.

In baseball you can load the bases every inning, but if you dont get those big hits with RISP, you dont win.

In the NBA you could take far more shots than the opposing team, but if youre shooting poorly, you wont win. Etc.

Kings were the worst scoring team in the regular season this year. So yea, we are well aware. Most of us are truly shocked we have been the highest scoring team this post season.

Yeah I agree with you, but I didn't have the energy to argue it.
Here's the series goalies didn't play good in games 1 and 2.game 3 quick outplayed hank game 4 hank outplayed quick
Lundqvist played amazing game one. That game would have got out of hand in the third if it wasnt for some amazing saves. Quick played like 2012 Quick game 3.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Lundqvist played amazing game one. That game would have got out of hand in the third if it wasnt for some amazing saves. Quick played like 2012 Quick game 3.

he still let in two bad goals he's been doing that for years having some bad goal games in the playoffs when he is on like he was in game four he doesn't do that as long as he plays like that again tonight I will be back at the garden on Monday.
This OT is intense...
Share 49ersWebzone