There are 135 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by jrg:
congrats Negrodamus

Did game 6 end the same as last year's game 6?

no

That sucks
JRG this is directed directly for you playa

1st of all thank you for the congrats message. kind of ya
2nd I'm truly pissed that this was a 1st round match. should have been for WCF
3rd. I've aged so much. in all honesty I personally thought we were toast after the 1st two games.

Looking over some stats from the past three years it's a damn shame that your STL Blues had to lose in the 1st round three years in a row. going into this years match I was sh!tting bricks cause I personally thought that the Blues will not only beat my beloved Blackhawks but dominate us on their way to win the LSC. what I would love to do to poach some of the talent your squad has to put them in Red.

edited to add the following
thanks for being a good sport and I apologize if I was in anyway a poor sport.

PEACE
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Apr 27, 2014 at 4:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
JRG this is directed directly for you playa

1st of all thank you for the congrats message. kind of ya
2nd I'm truly pissed that this was a 1st round match. should have been for WCF
3rd. I've aged so much. in all honesty I personally thought we were toast after the 1st two games.

Looking over some stats from the past three years it's a damn shame that your STL Blues had to lose in the 1st round three years in a row. going into this years match I was sh!tting bricks cause I personally thought that the Blues will not only beat my beloved Blackhawks but dominate us on their way to win the LSC. what I would love to do to poach some of the talent your squad has to put them in Red.

edited to add the following
thanks for being a good sport and I apologize if I was in anyway a poor sport.

PEACE

hopefully the Avs win this series so they can wipe the floor with your BlackCocks #sweep
Wowwwww this ducks stars game! Quack quack
Congrats ducks!

Great learning experience for the stars
no offense jrg but I love it the blues finally get a backstop goaltender and they still choke.No excuses this time team just cant win in the playoffs.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Congrats ducks!

Man, tough way to end the season but this Stars team gave the Ducks all they could handle.

I agree, this is a very young team and they got a taste of what it takes to play at a Playoff level. I think we have a lot to be excited about for the future.
Congrats ducks!

Man, tough way to end the season but this Stars team gave the Ducks all they could handle.

I agree, this is a very young team and they got a taste of what it takes to play at a Playoff level. I think we have a lot to be excited about for the future.
DP
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Apr 29, 2014 at 6:14 AM ]
DP
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Apr 29, 2014 at 6:14 AM ]

• jrg
  • Veteran
Fun while it lasted...seems Ryan Miller won't be back

All about Jake Allen next year
Originally posted by eamjr10:

We have a good core.

F: Seguin (22), Benn (24), Nichushkin (18), Eakin (22), Chiasson (23), Sceviour (25), Roussel (24), Garbutt (28)

What we lack is about 2 scoring forward that can play on the 2nd line. Its definitely something we can help in FA, like signing Radim Vrbata or something. Cole and Horcoff are on contract for 1 more year, not really thrilled with their contributions. Horcoff did have a good playoffs though, just need him to do that for a whole season. I would like to see Fiddler re-signed if we can work out a deal.

Brett Rithcie (21) put up pretty good stats in minors and should be the next young forward to get promoted. He is 6-3 and a big guy, and we could use that size.

D: Daley (30), Goligoski (28), Dillon (21), Nemeth (22), Benn (26)

We also have Oleksiak coming up. Connauton is only 24 too, but I was not happy with his play. We need to sign a better "Gonchar," a veteran that moves the puck well. Pitkanen is a FA and would be a good target. I would like to see us draft some offensive defenseman too, or trade for some prospects. Dillon/Nemeth/Benn/Oleksiak is plenty of defensive minded defenseman to build around, but we need to develop offensive d-men as Daley/Goligoski get older.

G: Lehtonen (30) Campbell (22)

Lehtonen played 65 games, and that's roughly what we can expect. Should be a starter for 3-4 more years. I'd probably rank him as the #10-#12 goalie in the league. Campbell quietly had a .942 save percentage in 16 games in AHL. My guess is next year he splits starts 50/50? He seems to be on track to be our starter in 3-4 years. He looked good in his NHL game, real lanky but very agile and quick. His positioning wasn't as consistent as it needs to be, but he definitely has the athletic ability. He had no defense in the 1 game he started.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Apr 28, 2014 at 12:41 PM ]
My playoff predictions

West
Ducks over Stars in 6, just not enough depth scoring for the Stars to get by. IMO it all depends on if the grinders Garbutt/Roussel/Eakin/Cole can chip in offensively.

Sharks over Kings in 7, best 1st round series. Gaborik is a major wildcard, but I don't think Quick is as good as he has been in the past, he's been off this year.

Avs over Wild in 5, the miracle year continues

Blackhawks over Blues in 5, the Blues are dead in the water right now unless their forwards suddenly get full health

Sharks over Ducks in 7, Blackhawks over Avs in 5, Blackhawks over Sharks in 7

East

Boston over Red Wings in 7, Red Wings are a dangerous team to face in the 1st round and Zetterberg I think is expected to play

Canadians over Lightning in 6, Bishop's has had a nice fluke year but he is banged up, time for that to end.

Penguins over Blue Jackets in 6, Columbus will put up more of a fight then people realize. I'd even go as far as to say an upset wouldn't shock me.

Rangers over Flyers in 7, offense vs defense! I choose to error on the side of defense

Boston over Canadians in 6, Penguins over Rangers in 6, Bruins over Penguins in 5

Stanley Cup: In a rematch, Boston beats Chicago in 6

hmmm....So far so good with my predictions. Well my # of games is off, but thats crazy hard to get right.
Matt Duchene back in the lineup for the Avs tonight!
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Matt Duchene back in the lineup for the Avs tonight!

Not a good start though, I think Avs win it in game 7, but maybe the come back
Share 49ersWebzone