LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by ads_2006:
while that might be a good idea

I think it would be best to package it for top prospects. Jagr and Whitney are old. But then again, Im assuming you guys have the cap to make a FA run next year

Yea I could see that too.

But what Joe seems to be doing is making Dallas competitive while rebuilding by using these 1-2 year veteran stopgaps.

We have a pretty strong core of prospects who are still 1-2 years away from jumping into the NHL. Guys like Fraser, Glennie, Fafska, Campbell, Nemeth, Oleksiak, Dillon, and R.Smith are up and coming but there is no need to rush their progress this season.

And if for some reason this team fails this season then we should be able to cash in big time at next year's deadline and gain a lot of draft picks and prospects for these rental players.

I'm not real sure about our exact numbers...but last I heard we were still 3-4 mil under the Salary Cap Floor for this season. So we should have plenty of cap room next FA after we resign RFAs like Benn, and Bachman
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Jul 3, 2012 at 10:15 PM ]
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
while that might be a good idea

I think it would be best to package it for top prospects. Jagr and Whitney are old. But then again, Im assuming you guys have the cap to make a FA run next year

Yea I could see that too.

But what Joe seems to be doing is making Dallas competitive while rebuilding by using these 1-2 year veteran stopgaps.

We have a pretty strong core of prospects who are still 1-2 years away from jumping into the NHL. Guys like Fraser, Glennie, Fafska, Campbell, Nemeth, Oleksiak, Dillon, and R.Smith are up and coming but there is no need to rush their progress this season.

And if for some reason this team fails this season then we should be able to cash in big time at next year's deadline and gain a lot of draft picks and prospects for these rental players.

I'm not real sure about our exact numbers...but last I heard we were still 3-4 mil under the Salary Cap Floor for this season. So we should have plenty of cap room next FA after we resign RFAs like Benn, and Bachman

Sharks aren't all that different. We have a lot of prospects that look capable of making the leap within 1-2 years. Defensively, we've got Matt Irwin, Taylor Doherty, Dylan Demelo, and Konrad Abeltshauser doing very well right now. Offensively, some of the guys are a little farther off, but a number of them are progressing well too -- Matt Nieto (2-3 years), Sean Kuraly (2-3 years off), Freddie Hamilton (1-2 years), Brodie Reid (1-2 years), and Brandon Mashinter (could be ready this year).
Parise and Suter sign big deals with the Minnesota Wild

Wow

Wow

SJ Sharks East

bunch of skilled forwards, no depth. If Torrey Mitchell is your key 3rd line player, not going to be pretty
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Wow

Both got 13y/98million

Zack Parise is from Minnesota and Ryan Suter's wife is from there and they both played in the olympics together.
Makes perfect sense.

Damn, f**k the wild.
According to GM Joe, Jagr will play on the top line, so the top 2 lines are set:

Eriksson (LW) - Benn (C) - Jagr (RW)
Whitney - Roy - Rider

3rd and 4th line should be juggled quite a bit to find the right mix. But I'm guessing
Morrow - Fiddler - Nystrom
Fraser - Eakin - Vincour

AHL guys 1 more season away from NHL (or will make the big team)
C: Sceviour
W: Austin Smith, Reilly Smith, Chiasson
D: Brendan Dillon

2 seasons away:
C: Faksa
W: Glennie, Guptil (dude lead Michigan in scoring as a frosh!)
D: Nemeth, Oleksiak
freakin flers they are going to break the ranger drought with no cup for 54 years.100 million for a defensenman.You need goal scoring and still a goaltender.Should've kept richards and carter,stayd with brobrosky and maybe you could've went after luongo right now.I love it the pelle lindbergh curse will live forever.
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
freakin flers they are going to break the ranger drought with no cup for 54 years.100 million for a defensenman.You need goal scoring and still a goaltender.Should've kept richards and carter,stayd with brobrosky and maybe you could've went after luongo right now.I love it the pelle lindbergh curse will live forever.

I still remember when the Flyers traded for Eric Lindross, giving up Peter Forsberg, 4 other players, 2 first round draft picks, and cash to the Quebec Nordiques/Colorado Avalanche.

Oops.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jul 19, 2012 at 4:21 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
I still remember when the Flyers traded for Eric Lindross, giving up Peter Forsberg, 4 other players, 2 first round draft picks, and cash to the Quebec Nordiques/Colorado Avalanche.

Oops.

dont forget three of those other players were hextall,steve duschense(spelled wrong)and mike ricci.The other was chris simon.The total amount of cash was 15 million which back then was alot.Also with the pick quebec got in 1993 they took jocelyn Thibault which later they would trade for patrick roy.Man quebec got the better deal on that but unfortunately got knocked out by the rangers in six games when they finally got good and then moved to colorado and won the cup i beleive that same year correct me if i'm wrong might have been the second season they were in colorado.
Rick Nash to the Rangers, for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a first round pick! Love it! LGR!!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/8192330/source-new-york-rangers-agree-deal-columbus-blue-jackets-rick-nash

Originally posted by Byisgod:
Rick Nash to the Rangers, for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a first round pick! Love it! LGR!!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/8192330/source-new-york-rangers-agree-deal-columbus-blue-jackets-rick-nash

Columbus sure didn't get much in return. No wonder that team stinks and will continue to do so.

We got nash and still have del zotto and krieder,and jt miller awesome trade.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Columbus sure didn't get much in return. No wonder that team stinks and will continue to do so.

They got 2 2nd liners, plus a future top 6 D and a first round pick.

Coloumbus' main problem is they are god awful at drafting. Rick Nash was like their only hit.

Broussard was on his way to being great but then James Neal made him his little b***h and his career hasn't been the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRf3zblLwiY

Early on when Neal jerks Broussard's arm, Neal dislocated Broussard's right shoulder that required surgery it was so bad. Its a prime example why your most skilled players should not fight.
too bad flyers.nashville matches weber offer.
Share 49ersWebzone