LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

8 year extensions for Kane and Toews. $10.5 mil aav each.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

8 year extensions for Kane and Toews. $10.5 mil aav each.

Awesome!

Next year they already have $65 million in cap hits, salary cap is at $71 million. That means $6 million left over and FA's will be Brad Richards (no biggie, 1 year rental), Marcus Kruger, Brandon Saad, Peter Regin.

On D, Johhny Oduya, Nick Leddy, Michal Roszival, and David Rundbland.

The big loses will be Oduya, Leddy and Saad. All 3 will be big free agents. Oduya will probably command $5 million per year on FA market, Leddy will be looking at $4 million and possibly long term deal (will only be 24), Saad can probably get a $5 million per year long term contract. Will only be 22 years old, a 20 goal scoring left winger, will be probably be looking for $5 million long term deal.

I think Dallas Stars have a very good chance of landing Brandon Saad, he would fit perfectly. Saad - Spezza - Hemsky. And Dallas will have $30million+ in cap space.

Nick Leddy will also probably be a target by Dallas. But it depends on if Dallas prefers to give the spot on the roster to a prospect.
HockeyNightInCanada ‏@hockeynight 59s
Goalie Cory Schneider re-signs with #Devils, reportedly for 7 years, $42 million

Andi Petrillo ‏@AndiPetrillo 1m
Danny Heatley signs one year deal with Anaheim Ducks

Originally posted by crabman82:
Andi Petrillo ‏@AndiPetrillo 1m
Danny Heatley signs one year deal with Anaheim Ducks

brassard 5 years 25 million a lot of money but he is young and think he can be a number 2 center if needed.
The Anaheim Ducks will retire Teemu Selanne's No. 8 jersey in a ceremony on Jan. 11.

The Ducks announced plans for the franchise's first number retirement Friday.

Anaheim will raise Selanne's jersey to the Honda Center rafters on "Teemu Tribute Night" when they host the Winnipeg Jets, Selanne's first NHL team.

"Teemu is our franchise icon and deserves to be the first player in club history to have his jersey retired," Ducks owner Henry Samueli said in a statement. "His dedication to this franchise and our community is unmatched."

Selanne retired this year after a 21-season NHL career spent mostly with the Ducks. The Finnish Flash is Anaheim's career leader in goals, assists, games played and almost every other offensive statistical category after playing parts of 15 seasons in Orange County.

Selanne is the 11th-leading goal-scorer in NHL history with 684, and his 1,457 career points rank 15th in league history. He won the inaugural Richard Trophy in 1999 and the Masterton Trophy in 2006.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/story/_/id/11296636/anaheim-ducks-retire-teemu-selanne-no-8-jersey-season
Much deserved! Been a fan of him ever since I became a fan of the NHL and the Mighty Ducks. I really wish I could be there for that.
Selanne.....class act, hall of fame.

One of the best ever
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Selanne.....class act, hall of fame.

One of the best ever

Absolutely! Very underrated too considering how great he was over his career.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

haha, so pumped for NHL action this year! I think I'm going to order NHL so I don't have to struggle with s**tty internet feeds

Shoot I'm even wishing I could watch pre-season hockey! I don't think I've ever wanted to watch pre-season unless it was a cheap ticket to go to a live game (one claim I can make is I saw the first ever shootout in the NHL, Phoenix pre-season game ).

Dallas is playing some young players I want to see, such as D Jokipakka (23 yrs old, 2011 pick), D Honka (18yrs old, 2014 pick), C Dickinson (19 yrs old, 2013 pick). Then there are some minor league system guys looking good like McKenzie (23yrs old, 2009 pick) and Morin (30 yrs old).

Stars might not have 1st line talent in their prospect pool, but they are loaded with 2nd line - 3rd line prospects. Which is fine, Seguin, Benn, and Nich are all super young and 1st line talent. Really all we lack is a stud Defenseman

But we have so many depth guys on D that are young. Jordie Benn (27, okay not "that" young), Kevin Connauton (24), Brendan Dillon (23), Jokipakka (23), Honka (18), Oleksiak (21), Nemeth (22). Bystrom (20) just came over from Europe and is expected to be an NHLer after 2-3 years of seasoning, same with Klingberg (21).

Benn, Connauton, Dillon, and Nemeth are expected to play with the NHL club this year, with Daley/Goligoski/Gonchar. My guess is Jokipakka and Oleksiak will battle for the 8th spot in case injuries pile up, and fill in as the 7th D when Gonchar is gone after the year.

Okay enough rambling

edit: So far my favorite young D I've seen play is Nemeth. Looked great in playoffs. Made a few mistakes but pretty good all around defensive game, good skater, big body.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM ]
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Go Avs!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
ordered

• jrg
  • Veteran
Ovechkin's teammate............

New Maple Leafs zamboni:

Share 49ersWebzone