LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Overkill:
This OT is intense...

Would hate to be a fan of either team right now but that OT was exciting as hell

I'm a Kings fan. Pretty sure I had about 6 heart attacks last period.

honestly though what a perfect road to the cup for Kings fans just from a pride perspective

Beat your northern california rival
Take claim of SoCal
Show NY who the best coast is
congrads we had our chances hank didn't deserve to lose that game.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
honestly though what a perfect road to the cup for Kings fans just from a pride perspective

Take claim of SoCal

Quack....
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Been waiting all my life for this moment.
LOL wut? LOL... Love it!

Originally posted by jrg:
Congrats Idaho....... again

Thanks Buddy. Appreciate it.

GO KINGS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This season has in a lot of ways been an even more memorable run then 2012.

2012 will always be one of my best memories, simply because it was our first. But In 2012, after the Blues series, we pretty much ran through the competition. Quick was at his peak, and everything clicked. After that Blues series, it just had a calmness about it, and while it was indeed magical, It wasnt historic to anyone besides kings fans

This run was one of the most historic runs in the history of Hockey. This Post season was one roller coaster ride after another, and it was really the team chemistry and experience that pulled them through. The regular season was just as up and down. There were a lot of hard core kings fans that didnt give us a chance at getting past the first round. We were the worst scoring team in the NHL, and had a horrible slide mid season. Nothing was clicking for a while there, and even after it got better with bringing in Gaborik, ringing up pearson and making some line changes, no one could have predicted we would be the #1 scoring team in the post season. It was an incredible season, and really i am still in shock.

So grateful to be a long time kings fan and being here to see this team with 17 players from 2012 repeat two years later.

No one more deserving of the Conn Smythe then Justin Williams.

Take claim of SoCal
Dont forget revenge against the Bhawks for taking our repeat in 2013.

It was a Historic run. For both Kings Fans, and Hockey fans in general.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Quack....

honestly though this season is the most I've ever watched hockey. Unfortunately too many Bruins games because I'm here in Boston but the passionate fans here really peaked my interest and made me more passionate about the ducks as the season went on.

I'm excited to watch from start to finish next year!
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Quack....

honestly though this season is the most I've ever watched hockey. Unfortunately too many Bruins games because I'm here in Boston but the passionate fans here really peaked my interest and made me more passionate about the ducks as the season went on.

I'm excited to watch from start to finish next year!
I don't have tv so I miss a ton of games although I used to watch like crazy when ESPN had the rights. I always try to go to the gym to watch the playoff games though since the NHL playoffs are the best in professional sports imo. Hopefully next year I'll be able to watch more games because I really love this Ducks team.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Didn't watch much of the playoffs but glad I caught the 2 OTs. Incredible. Sports doesn't get much better than that. Credit to the Rangers and especially Lundqvist for taking what I thought was a much better Kings team to three hard-fought OTs in LA.

• jrg
  • Veteran

anybody else see him at the game? i snapped this when i saw him in the front row

They won in 2012...
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL wut? LOL... Love it!

Originally posted by jrg:
Congrats Idaho....... again

Thanks Buddy. Appreciate it.

GO KINGS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This season has in a lot of ways been an even more memorable run then 2012.

2012 will always be one of my best memories, simply because it was our first. But In 2012, after the Blues series, we pretty much ran through the competition. Quick was at his peak, and everything clicked. After that Blues series, it just had a calmness about it, and while it was indeed magical, It wasnt historic to anyone besides kings fans

This run was one of the most historic runs in the history of Hockey. This Post season was one roller coaster ride after another, and it was really the team chemistry and experience that pulled them through. The regular season was just as up and down. There were a lot of hard core kings fans that didnt give us a chance at getting past the first round. We were the worst scoring team in the NHL, and had a horrible slide mid season. Nothing was clicking for a while there, and even after it got better with bringing in Gaborik, ringing up pearson and making some line changes, no one could have predicted we would be the #1 scoring team in the post season. It was an incredible season, and really i am still in shock.

So grateful to be a long time kings fan and being here to see this team with 17 players from 2012 repeat two years later.

No one more deserving of the Conn Smythe then Justin Williams.

such a great run! Never give up, never surrender!!
For all the bad Goals Quick let in, I still think he had an AMAZING! series. In the 5 3rd periods and 5OTs, Quick stopped everything! ZERO GOALS against down the stretch. While Lundqvist played out of his mind at times, he couldn't shut down the kings completely. I really did expect our offense to run cold eventually, I could not believe they just kept scoring over and over after not showing any of that all season. Just out of no where our 4 lines turned it up huge
Lundqvist played out his mind last night. He was standing on his head in there and that was the only reason the game went as long as it did. I love that Justin Williams took the Conn Smythe because he was so clutch for us, but I think you could have made a case for Hank, too. It was a great series win but credit to them for taking us to OT on our ice 3 times. That game 3 win was so crucial for us.

And I'd like to give a special shout out to Voynov's stick, lol.
Share 49ersWebzone