LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

KHL is going to be a major problem for the NHL in the future. Could easily see 5 Russian superstars and about a dozen or so nhl-caliber players staying in Russia.

Before Kovalchuk they could only get 4-5 NHL caliber players and a bunch over the hill players
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
KHL is going to be a major problem for the NHL in the future. Could easily see 5 Russian superstars and about a dozen or so nhl-caliber players staying in Russia.

Before Kovalchuk they could only get 4-5 NHL caliber players and a bunch over the hill players

doubt it

REPRESENT....
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Aug 12, 2013 at 9:18 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

REPRESENT....

i can't wait for ESPN to replace Aldon's picture on ESPN w/ his new hair tho

JRG...my fellow webzone brethren still singing them BLUES out is St. Louis cause them Blackhawks run the Central Division...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
JRG...my fellow webzone brethren still singing them BLUES out is St. Louis cause them Blackhawks run the Central Division...

just wait

just...wait
Originally posted by jrg:

just wait

just...wait

can not wait

till the season starts

Originally posted by jrg:

just wait

just...wait

can not wait

till the season starts

damn they're smoking hot. Puts the girls we have for the Hurricanes to shame
I'm ready for the season too....my Stars will be joining the Central Division with you guys........
Originally posted by eamjr10:
I'm ready for the season too....my Stars will be joining the Central Division with you guys........

Its a great move for our team. We should be the #3 team in the division, behind Chicago and St. Louis.

As long as we are top 3 in our division, we make playoffs. Minnesota and us will battle it for 3rd, maybe Winnipeg too.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM ]

Its a great move for our team. We should be the #3 team in the division, behind Chicago and St. Louis.

As long as we are top 3 in our division, we make playoffs. Minnesota and us will battle it for 3rd, maybe Winnipeg too.

Yea I am looking forward to the move, I think we will matchup well against the teams in the Central. Our games with St.Louis, Chicago, and Nashville are already pretty intense, im sure those rivalries will build seeing these teams more often.

Yea I am looking forward to the move, I think we will matchup well against the teams in the Central. Our games with St.Louis, Chicago, and Nashville are already pretty intense, im sure those rivalries will build seeing these teams more often.

I think Chicago will destroy us, for now. Our speed/hustle gave Chicago a bit of trouble, but once they are clicking we don't have the talent to match.

Blues I think we can expect to be near a 50-50 split with them. A healthy Lehtonen is significantly better then what they have.

Nashville will be our new big rival IMO. I will never forget they booed Modano. And of course Minnesota has a reason to hate us
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Welcome home Brett!

Teams will be starting Training Camps in the next couple of days.

Here is a list of teams, and a nice Preseason Preview read:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=681902&navid=nhl:topheads
Stars opened the preseason with a 6-5 loss to St.Louis

I don't think the Stars are going to have many problems scoring goals, but the defense will need to be tightened up. Seguin played well scoring a goal and an assist, and rookie Valeri Nichushkin made an immediate impact scoring 2 goals....that kid is going to be a great player for us.

Great to see Hockey back.
Share 49ersWebzone