LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Damn I would love Marc Gasol, he's one of my favorite players for some reason.

Tyreke / Jimmer
Thornton /
Garcia / Greene
Cousins / Hickson
M. Gasol / Thompson

Thats a pretty good team, and deep too.

Who are some possible 3's that will be available?

Salmons will probably start at the 3 spot for us. At least early on.

Forgot about him lulz
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
still not gonna win, lol

Say it to my motha f**kin face

give me your address ?

123 sisterwheels court GTFO, CA

Okay Im putting it in my gps.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Omri and our first rounder(lotto protected) got traded to Cleveland for JJ Hickson. I like Donte though, I think he might be ready to break out.

Of course... thanks man, forgot about that. I would much rather have Hickson.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If understand the new CBA correctly, teams will have to spend at least 85% of the salary cap this year, and that will go up to 90% next year. The salary cap will remain at the $58M figure it was at last year, which means that every team's payroll will have to at least be at $49.3M. The Kings currently have $29.9M in committed salaries to 10 players, leaving a difference of $19.4M that the Kings must spend.

The league has a new system with players that get cut via amnesty, in an effort to prevent these guys from all signing with the Lakers, Heat, Mavs, etc. There's a waiver system where any team that's under the cap can bid to take on a portion of that amnestied player's contract, and the highest bidder wins the rights to the player. So if Baron Davis were to get cut by Cleveland, the Kings could hypothetically get him for $4M a year, as long as they were the highest bidder. Food for thought.

This also makes them major players in the free agent market. I'm usually very much against teams overpaying guys, but I think the Kings are an exception because their two best players are still on their rookie contracts, and will be able to be extended due to Bird rights. I'd throw a good $12-13M a year at Marc Gasol and force Memphis to make a decision. I'd also throw that kind of money at Tyson Chandler. I'd steer clear of Nene or DeAndre Jordan.

The Kings are also in a position to help facilitate trades due to their cap space. They could pick up a very good player for little in return if their trading partner is looking to rebuild. (Tony Parker comes to mind) I think the Kings will contend for a playoff spot in 12-13 (not this year), but Petrie's done a masterful job at constructing this team for long term success.
Thanks for the info. I had no idea about the waiver system... This will make for an interesting free agency period for us.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Damn I would love Marc Gasol, he's one of my favorite players for some reason.

Tyreke / Jimmer
Thornton /
Garcia / Greene
Cousins / Hickson
M. Gasol / Thompson

Thats a pretty good team, and deep too.

Who are some possible 3's that will be available?

Salmons will probably start at the 3 spot for us. At least early on.

Forgot about him lulz

Dang, I forgot about him also. I need to get into NBA/Kings mode. It's been an after thought with the lockout BS. I'm really excited about our upcoming roster.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If understand the new CBA correctly, teams will have to spend at least 85% of the salary cap this year, and that will go up to 90% next year. The salary cap will remain at the $58M figure it was at last year, which means that every team's payroll will have to at least be at $49.3M. The Kings currently have $29.9M in committed salaries to 10 players, leaving a difference of $19.4M that the Kings must spend.

The league has a new system with players that get cut via amnesty, in an effort to prevent these guys from all signing with the Lakers, Heat, Mavs, etc. There's a waiver system where any team that's under the cap can bid to take on a portion of that amnestied player's contract, and the highest bidder wins the rights to the player. So if Baron Davis were to get cut by Cleveland, the Kings could hypothetically get him for $4M a year, as long as they were the highest bidder. Food for thought.

This also makes them major players in the free agent market. I'm usually very much against teams overpaying guys, but I think the Kings are an exception because their two best players are still on their rookie contracts, and will be able to be extended due to Bird rights. I'd throw a good $12-13M a year at Marc Gasol and force Memphis to make a decision. I'd also throw that kind of money at Tyson Chandler. I'd steer clear of Nene or DeAndre Jordan.

The Kings are also in a position to help facilitate trades due to their cap space. They could pick up a very good player for little in return if their trading partner is looking to rebuild. (Tony Parker comes to mind) I think the Kings will contend for a playoff spot in 12-13 (not this year), but Petrie's done a masterful job at constructing this team for long term success.
Thanks for the info. I had no idea about the waiver system... This will make for an interesting free agency period for us.

Yea, thanks LA! Didnt know about this stuff. We will be major players. Im pumped
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Good spot for Kings fans if you don't already know..

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/
Originally posted by Muggins879:

Have you turned your back on Kingsfans.com??
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Have you turned your back on Kingsfans.com??

No. But they are busy arguing about how Power Bracelets are fake. I go everywhere.. including KF, Sactown Royalty, Real GM etc.

I used to post at the KIngs EZboard page back in 2001.
[ Edited by Muggins879 on Nov 29, 2011 at 1:24 PM ]
No. But they are busy arguing about how Power Bracelets are fake. I go everywhere.. including KF, Sactown Royalty, Real GM etc.

Ha. I saw that, and then it turned into debate on alternative medicine. WillistheWall inadvertently started it by talking about his bracelet.

Ha. I saw that, and then it turned into debate on alternative medicine. WillistheWall inadvertently started it by talking about his bracelet.

It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out, with things happening so quickly.

I'd be open to throwing a 2-3 year deal at Gasol for $12-15 per. It's money we have to spend and that would really put the heat on Memphis, who has about $55 mill already committed before Gasol ($58 mill cap). Not sure what Gasol's thinking is but it's a pretty nice short term offer that lets him hit FA again as a 28-29 year old.

I think Nene wants a longterm deal. We'd have to overpay to get David West...I like him, but not sure he's a fit.

Can't see Battier coming here. Vet who wants a ring and will have plenty of suitors. Plus I think Salmons is locked in at SF.

Earl Watson would be a nice vet PG addition as a 4th guard behind Reke/Jimmer/MT23.

It will be exciting to see what develops.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out, with things happening so quickly.

I'd be open to throwing a 2-3 year deal at Gasol for $12-15 per. It's money we have to spend and that would really put the heat on Memphis, who has about $55 mill already committed before Gasol ($58 mill cap). Not sure what Gasol's thinking is but it's a pretty nice short term offer that lets him hit FA again as a 28-29 year old.

I think Nene wants a longterm deal. We'd have to overpay to get David West...I like him, but not sure he's a fit.

Can't see Battier coming here. Vet who wants a ring and will have plenty of suitors. Plus I think Salmons is locked in at SF.

Earl Watson would be a nice vet PG addition as a 4th guard behind Reke/Jimmer/MT23.

It will be exciting to see what develops.

I dont like West for us. Next to cousins we probably need a rebounder, shotblocker, defender type of player. West is a little undersized for the spot and just another scorer IMO. Want to see us make a run at Chandler or Gasol.
I dont like West for us. Next to cousins we probably need a rebounder, shotblocker, defender type of player. West is a little undersized for the spot and just another scorer IMO. Want to see us make a run at Chandler or Gasol.

I like the idea someone else had. Make a big offer and run up the price for Jordan. LAC will either let him walk or they will match and most likely end up using their amnesty on Kaman. I would love to have either of those guys, although Kaman's injuries the last couple of seasons are troubling.

I like the idea someone else had. Make a big offer and run up the price for Jordan. LAC will either let him walk or they will match and most likely end up using their amnesty on Kaman. I would love to have either of those guys, although Kaman's injuries the last couple of seasons are troubling.

thats a good idea, get a player we can use and screw a division rival in the process
Share 49ersWebzone