Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

Originally posted by susweel:
still not gonna win, lol

Say it to my motha f**kin face
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by sacniner:
I'm so damn pumped to see what we do in free agency. The Maloofs have no choice but to spend now (I still have my fingers crossed for Berkle to come in and swoop this team)

Last I heard a very long time ago, there were rumors about interest in Tyson Chandler and JJ Barrera. You guys have any new intel?

supposedly we're still interested in Chandler. Thats from posts I read on realgm though so take with a grain of salt. Never heard the Barea rumor. We have enough guards on this team though assuming we re sign Thornton. Reke/Jimmer/Thornton trio should get almost all the guard minutes anyway.

Yeah, I like that guard rotation.... IMO, we need to upgrade at three. Donte has not performed up to his potential and this is very disappointing. I had high hope for him. And I'm not too big on Omri.
still not gonna win, lol

Let me guess... you're another Northern Cali Laker "fan".
If understand the new CBA correctly, teams will have to spend at least 85% of the salary cap this year, and that will go up to 90% next year. The salary cap will remain at the $58M figure it was at last year, which means that every team's payroll will have to at least be at $49.3M. The Kings currently have $29.9M in committed salaries to 10 players, leaving a difference of $19.4M that the Kings must spend.

The league has a new system with players that get cut via amnesty, in an effort to prevent these guys from all signing with the Lakers, Heat, Mavs, etc. There's a waiver system where any team that's under the cap can bid to take on a portion of that amnestied player's contract, and the highest bidder wins the rights to the player. So if Baron Davis were to get cut by Cleveland, the Kings could hypothetically get him for $4M a year, as long as they were the highest bidder. Food for thought.

This also makes them major players in the free agent market. I'm usually very much against teams overpaying guys, but I think the Kings are an exception because their two best players are still on their rookie contracts, and will be able to be extended due to Bird rights. I'd throw a good $12-13M a year at Marc Gasol and force Memphis to make a decision. I'd also throw that kind of money at Tyson Chandler. I'd steer clear of Nene or DeAndre Jordan.

The Kings are also in a position to help facilitate trades due to their cap space. They could pick up a very good player for little in return if their trading partner is looking to rebuild. (Tony Parker comes to mind) I think the Kings will contend for a playoff spot in 12-13 (not this year), but Petrie's done a masterful job at constructing this team for long term success.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Nov 29, 2011 at 11:31 AM ]
I'm so damn pumped to see what we do in free agency. The Maloofs have no choice but to spend now (I still have my fingers crossed for Berkle to come in and swoop this team)

Last I heard a very long time ago, there were rumors about interest in Tyson Chandler and JJ Barrera. You guys have any new intel?

supposedly we're still interested in Chandler. Thats from posts I read on realgm though so take with a grain of salt. Never heard the Barea rumor. We have enough guards on this team though assuming we re sign Thornton. Reke/Jimmer/Thornton trio should get almost all the guard minutes anyway.

Yeah, I like that guard rotation.... IMO, we need to upgrade at three. Donte has not performed up to his potential and this is very disappointing. I had high hope for him. And I'm not too big on Omri.

Omri and our first rounder(lotto protected) got traded to Cleveland for JJ Hickson. I like Donte though, I think he might be ready to break out.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If understand the new CBA correctly, teams will have to spend at least 85% of the salary cap this year, and that will go up to 90% next year. The salary cap will remain at the $58M figure it was at last year, which means that every team's payroll will have to at least be at $49.3M. The Kings currently have $29.9M in committed salaries to 10 players, leaving a difference of $19.4M that the Kings must spend.

The league has a new system with players that get cut via amnesty, in an effort to prevent these guys from all signing with the Lakers, Heat, Mavs, etc. There's a waiver system where any team that's under the cap can bid to take on a portion of that amnestied player's contract, and the highest bidder wins the rights to the player. So if Baron Davis were to get cut by Cleveland, the Kings could hypothetically get him for $4M a year, as long as they were the highest bidder. Food for thought.

This also makes them major players in the free agent market. I'm usually very much against teams overpaying guys, but I think the Kings are an exception because their two best players are still on their rookie contracts, and will be able to be extended due to Bird rights. I'd throw a good $12-13M a year at Marc Gasol and force Memphis to make a decision. I'd also throw that kind of money at Tyson Chandler. I'd steer clear of Nene or DeAndre Jordan.

The Kings are also in a position to help facilitate trades due to their cap space. They could pick up a very good player for little in return if their trading partner is looking to rebuild. (Tony Parker comes to mind) I think the Kings will contend for a playoff spot in 12-13 (not this year), but Petrie's done a masterful job at constructing this team for long term success.

Yeah I wouldn't mind getting MGasol or Chandler. A starting 5 of Jimmer/Evans/Salmons/Cousins/Chandler or Gasol could be pretty good IMO. Then Thornton/Greene/Garcia/Hickson/Thompson is a pretty deep bench. I think we could really surprise some people pretty soon. Now the Maloofs will be forced to spend thanks to the CBA. We might actually be good again which would be nice.

Omri and our first rounder(lotto protected) got traded to Cleveland for JJ Hickson. I like Donte though, I think he might be ready to break out.

I agree that you guys need to upgrade at the 3. I think your biggest needs are...

1) Veterans that can contribute on the court and lead in the locker room.
2) A defensive big to put next to Cousins. (Dalembert works, but I think he's going elsewhere)
3) A go to scorer at the 3.
4) A real PG off of the bench. I'm okay with Tyreke dominating the ball and acting as the de facto PG, but I think you need someone off of the bench that can grease the wheels of the offense.

I agree that you guys need to upgrade at the 3. I think your biggest needs are...

1) Veterans that can contribute on the court and lead in the locker room.
2) A defensive big to put next to Cousins. (Dalembert works, but I think he's going elsewhere)
3) A go to scorer at the 3.
4) A real PG off of the bench. I'm okay with Tyreke dominating the ball and acting as the de facto PG, but I think you need someone off of the bench that can grease the wheels of the offense.

You think we might have a shot at someone like Battier or AK47 or Prince? I know they're not scorers, but if we keep dalembert or added a guy like Chandler and then one of those SFs we could be pretty good defensively IMO.
You think we might have a shot at someone like Battier or AK47 or Prince? I know they're not scorers, but if we keep dalembert or added a guy like Chandler and then one of those SFs we could be pretty good defensively IMO.

I think you guys have a shot at just about anyone you want to, because you have so much money that has to be spent. At this point in their careers, I don't think that any of those players represent much of an upgrade over Salmons or Greene, so I'd look at what they could contribute as leaders. AK47 is a headcase and Prince became quite a malcontent these last couple of years in Detroit, but Battier is one of the most well respected players in the league. He'd be a GREAT pickup.
Damn I would love Marc Gasol, he's one of my favorite players for some reason.

Tyreke / Jimmer
Thornton /
Garcia / Greene
Cousins / Hickson
M. Gasol / Thompson

Thats a pretty good team, and deep too.

Who are some possible 3's that will be available?
Originally posted by marshniners24:
still not gonna win, lol

give me your address ?
still not gonna win, lol

give me your address ?

123 sisterwheels court GTFO, CA
I think you guys have a shot at just about anyone you want to, because you have so much money that has to be spent. At this point in their careers, I don't think that any of those players represent much of an upgrade over Salmons or Greene, so I'd look at what they could contribute as leaders. AK47 is a headcase and Prince became quite a malcontent these last couple of years in Detroit, but Battier is one of the most well respected players in the league. He'd be a GREAT pickup.

I'd love Battier. Seems like a logjam right now but things could change quickly.

Yeah I like Battier the best out of the 3 too, I'm just not sure if he'd be able to go play for a proven winner like LA or Miami instead. Are there any other 3s out there? We have so much money to spend I'd like to get a player like Rudy Gay or someone thats a star like that and a good team mate. But I don't know if any of those are out there.
Damn I would love Marc Gasol, he's one of my favorite players for some reason.

Tyreke / Jimmer
Thornton /
Garcia / Greene
Cousins / Hickson
M. Gasol / Thompson

Thats a pretty good team, and deep too.

Who are some possible 3's that will be available?

Salmons will probably start at the 3 spot for us. At least early on.