There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

Originally posted by Super9er81:
Originally posted by FreddyG:

im not bitter. i thought he was listed a 6'3 so he is really 5'11...great. you know the shoes give you 2in. and they always give a guy an extra inch. i hope to god they put him in at PG when they play the bulls so Rose can rape him all kinds of nasty ways. Believe me I hope Jimmer can come in and dominate for us white guys but I really dont think he will be able to at this level. Do you think this was to sell tickets or because he is that good? I forgot about those two but are you comparing him to Price or Stockton? Price was a way better shooter and Stockton was a way way better player.

He measured 6'.75" without shoes and 6,2'.5 with shoes. Physically he measured right with the other top point guards in the draft. Better in some areas, worse in others but overall right in the middle. In one sentence you claim to hope "Rose can rape him all kinds of nasty" then in the next sentence hope he dominates. I'd say that's just a little contradictory. Simply put, you're making a huge leap of logic in the assumption that he was drafted simply because he is white. You have nothing but circumstance to support the accusation.

While its true that Mark Price had better percentages (except for FT%) while at GA Tech, he also had much better help. John Salley was a good NBA player, not to mention Craig Neal and Yvon Joseph who were both good college players who later got drafted into the NBA. Point is that Jimmer had no where near the help that Price did and still put up very good percentages. I don't know how good Jimmer will be in the NBA, but he earned his draft status with his play not his skin color.

I dont want him to do bad but him gaurding Rose would be kinda funny to see. I dont know why you guys cant accept the fact that he was drafted to help sell tickets not because there wasnt anybody better.

[ Edited by FreddyG on Jun 26, 2011 at 21:04:32 ]

im not bitter. i thought he was listed a 6'3 so he is really 5'11...great. you know the shoes give you 2in. and they always give a guy an extra inch. i hope to god they put him in at PG when they play the bulls so Rose can rape him all kinds of nasty ways. Believe me I hope Jimmer can come in and dominate for us white guys but I really dont think he will be able to at this level. Do you think this was to sell tickets or because he is that good? I forgot about those two but are you comparing him to Price or Stockton? Price was a way better shooter and Stockton was a way way better player.

He measured 6'.75" without shoes and 6,2'.5 with shoes. Physically he measured right with the other top point guards in the draft. Better in some areas, worse in others but overall right in the middle. In one sentence you claim to hope "Rose can rape him all kinds of nasty" then in the next sentence hope he dominates. I'd say that's just a little contradictory. Simply put, you're making a huge leap of logic in the assumption that he was drafted simply because he is white. You have nothing but circumstance to support the accusation.

While its true that Mark Price had better percentages (except for FT%) while at GA Tech, he also had much better help. John Salley was a good NBA player, not to mention Craig Neal and Yvon Joseph who were both good college players who later got drafted into the NBA. Point is that Jimmer had no where near the help that Price did and still put up very good percentages. I don't know how good Jimmer will be in the NBA, but he earned his draft status with his play not his skin color.

I dont want him to do bad but him gaurding Rose would be kinda funny to see. I dont know why you guys cant accept the fact that he was drafted to help sell tickets not because there wasnt anybody better.

Sorry just got into this thread. Who would of you suggested then? I bet him selling tickets had some to do with it, but as a player Jimmer is going to be a valuable player regaurdless. Him at 10 was a steal, in such a weak draft.

Jimmer loves the game. I am from Salt Lake and got to deal with all the Jimmermania and got to watch all of his games. He's not as bad at defense as many think. And he will only strive to get better. He's a high character guy and a mormon so he wont be getting into any trouble.

As far as race goes, I think that's what makes him actually disliked. He's compared to other "white" guys from the past and nobody gives him a chance. This kid can shoot! Only Kobe Bryant, Durant, and Nowitzki have had me wondering "how the hell is that possible?" Jimmer has done the same.

I may sound like a homer since I'm from Utah, but I'm Crimson(Utes) all the way. BYU can suck a dick. As far as Jimmer, he's one of the best college players I have ever watched. I feel that in itself is worthy of his draft position.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Sorry just got into this thread. Who would of you suggested then? I bet him selling tickets had some to do with it, but as a player Jimmer is going to be a valuable player regaurdless. Him at 10 was a steal, in such a weak draft.

Jimmer loves the game. I am from Salt Lake and got to deal with all the Jimmermania and got to watch all of his games. He's not as bad at defense as many think. And he will only strive to get better. He's a high character guy and a mormon so he wont be getting into any trouble.

As far as race goes, I think that's what makes him actually disliked. He's compared to other "white" guys from the past and nobody gives him a chance. This kid can shoot! Only Kobe Bryant, Durant, and Nowitzki have had me wondering "how the hell is that possible?" Jimmer has done the same.

I may sound like a homer since I'm from Utah, but I'm Crimson(Utes) all the way. BYU can suck a dick. As far as Jimmer, he's one of the best college players I have ever watched. I feel that in itself is worthy of his draft position.

Youre right, it was a very weak draft but I think his race had more to do with him being drafted than his skill. I think Kimba is better than Jimmer but time will tell. The bolded made me LOL.

All the measurables suggest that he fit well where he was drafted. Not only that, but I firmly believe there wasn't a better fit for the Kings. I do believe that there were guys with higher ceiling available at #10, but the Kings didn't want more guys to develop. Between Cousins, Whiteside, Casspi, and even Evans to a lesser degree they have enough development work to do. If they want to start winning more games they need guys who can contribute sooner rather than later which is something they saw in Jimmer.

All the measurables suggest that he fit well where he was drafted. Not only that, but I firmly believe there wasn't a better fit for the Kings. I do believe that there were guys with higher ceiling available at #10, but the Kings didn't want more guys to develop. Between Cousins, Whiteside, Casspi, and even Evans to a lesser degree they have enough development work to do. If they want to start winning more games they need guys who can contribute sooner rather than later which is something they saw in Jimmer.

I think he will turn out to be a guy that was a baller in College and a bench player in the pros. I dont see him getting any better...do you?

I think he will turn out to be a guy that was a baller in College and a bench player in the pros. I dont see him getting any better...do you?

Yeah I think he'll be a good bencher/borderline starter on a good team. I think that's what he was drafted for though. I think the Kings see Jimmer as the third guard after Thornton and Evans. I think you'll see him display some skills that you didn't see a lot in college. Not that he didn't have them, just that the system he was in didn't really allow him to display them. He seem like a hard worker and a smart guy so I would not be surprised if he turned out being a very good point guard in a few years.
at the very least, this year will be very interesting
Possible Casspi for JJ Hickson deal in the works.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Do the Kings really need another Power Forward?
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

They might be planning on Dalembert going elsewhere and moving Cousins to Center. I don't think Thompson is their long term plan at PF either. Personally, I like the deal for Sacto. I think they're more loaded at SF, and Hickson's very talented.

They might be planning on Dalembert going elsewhere and moving Cousins to Center. I don't think Thompson is their long term plan at PF either. Personally, I like the deal for Sacto. I think they're more loaded at SF, and Hickson's very talented.

Ah, I forgot Sammy is a UFA

Darnell Jackson and Jason Thompson? JT sucks and will never be more than he already is. The Kings are incredibly weak at PF.

Do this trade in a heartbeat Geoff!

Im seeing Casspi and a first for Hickson.
I'm reading its a done deal with the Kings adding a lottery protected first next year. Not bad since I don't think we'll make the playoffs and it should be a good draft. Nice value for Casspi (depending on the pick of course).

I really hope this doesn't spell the end for Dalembert, the Kings need his defense.
The King sent Omri Casspi to Cleveland on Thursday in exchange for J.J. Hickson, a move that bolsters Sacramento's frontcourt.

“We’re very excited about the opportunity to acquire J.J. Hickson from the Cavaliers,” Kings GM Geoff Petrie said. “We believe he’ll continue to fortify our frontline going forward. He’s an improving young player who is just 22 years old. We believe J.J. will be an important complement to our frontcourt and overall roster as well. We also wish Omri the best and hope he continues on to have a successful career with the Cavaliers.”

Wow I think this trade is great for you guys
Hickson is just 22 years old, I know Casspi has a lot of potential but I think Hickson will turn out to be a better player