LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

Quote:
"We missed Cuz tonight but we couldn't dwell on it," Donte Greene said. "We had to come out and still play well."

"Things happen," he said. "Everybody is not perfect. We try not to let things off the court distract us on the court. It is life. Everybody is not perfect and we've got to move on."
why is it that Beno gets so much playing time and we give none-very little to Head, Jeter, Taylor???

This team isnt great so we need to find out about our other players
lol, where did things go wrong?

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
why is it that Beno gets so much playing time and we give none-very little to Head, Jeter, Taylor???

Beno has been disappointing lately, but he's still the primary guy I want running the team. Jeter usually gets solid PT backing him up, which is good -- he can develop. Head is OK for stretches, but I don't think we need to see more. Taylor obviously hasn't made a big enough impression in practice to grab much time.
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Just a brutal stretch of games right now. Unfortunate, because we were starting to play some good ball, and it would have translated to some more wins against weaker opponents. But that's the NBA...

Fri 28 @ LA Lakers W 100-95
Sat 29 vs New Orleans W 102-96
Tue 01 vs Boston L 90-95
Fri 04 vs San Antonio L 100-113
Mon 07 vs Utah L 104-107
Wed 09 vs Dallas L 100-102
Sat 12 vs Oklahoma City
Sun 13 @ Phoenix
Tue 15 @ Oklahoma City
Wed 16 @ Dallas
Tue 22 @ Miami

I'd be happy if we win one

So we won one. Don't see us winning any of the next three. Memphis is our best chance at our next.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Beno has been disappointing lately, but he's still the primary guy I want running the team. Jeter usually gets solid PT backing him up, which is good -- he can develop. Head is OK for stretches, but I don't think we need to see more. Taylor obviously hasn't made a big enough impression in practice to grab much time.

true but if I remember right, Beno was in the game for the whole second half last night against the suns, not like the guy is an allstar, time to give some other guys a chance
DMC is making the trip to OKC for tomorrow's game.
Hard to say without knowing exactly what happened, but...

1. Cousins wasn't open.
2. Tyreke had a great look and the shot was dead on. Much better than the attempt against Dallas. Not to mention Tyreke had basically carried us back to even be in the game.
3. If players got in Cousins' face every time he screwed up, there'd be a fight every night.

It's obviously immature, but at least it's frustration about losing. He wants to win, but he's gotta learn how to control his emotions. His play lately has been very good, and until this, his demeanor has been much improved.

I think this could blow over. Donte Greene could be the most fun-loving guy on the team. He won't hold a grudge. But it will be interesting to see what happens with the suspension -- some are speculating he could make a later trip and still join the team tonight.

I doubt he misses all 3 games, unless there's more to the story.

Cousins was actually open. The play-design appeared to have been to Cousin's on the post and then a quick pass to Caspi on the corner for a three if Caspi's man helps on DMC. Look closely; Caspi's man went behind DMC and his man, which would have given Caspi a wide open look after a quick pass from DMC. If Caspi's man follows him over the top, then DMC takes his man to the rim.

I think DMC is right in that the players defer to Evans too much. That play looked as if it was designed for the DMC/Caspi combo at the baseline.

Evans didn't have an open shot. He got the ball far above the 3-point line stopped and popped with a hand in his face.

[ Edited by Joecool on Feb 14, 2011 at 14:46:21 ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Hard to say without knowing exactly what happened, but...

1. Cousins wasn't open.
2. Tyreke had a great look and the shot was dead on. Much better than the attempt against Dallas. Not to mention Tyreke had basically carried us back to even be in the game.
3. If players got in Cousins' face every time he screwed up, there'd be a fight every night.

It's obviously immature, but at least it's frustration about losing. He wants to win, but he's gotta learn how to control his emotions. His play lately has been very good, and until this, his demeanor has been much improved.

I think this could blow over. Donte Greene could be the most fun-loving guy on the team. He won't hold a grudge. But it will be interesting to see what happens with the suspension -- some are speculating he could make a later trip and still join the team tonight.

I doubt he misses all 3 games, unless there's more to the story.

Cousins was actually open. The play-design appeared to have been to Cousin's on the post and then a quick pass to Caspi on the corner for a three if Caspi's man helps on DMC. Look closely; Caspi's man went behind DMC and his man, which would have given Caspi a wide open look after a quick pass from DMC. If Caspi's man follows him over the top, then DMC takes his man to the rim.

I think DMC is right in that the players defer to Evans too much. That play looked as if it was designed for the DMC/Caspi combo at the baseline.

Evans didn't have an open shot. He got the ball far above the 3-point line stopped and popped with a hand in his face.

Agreed, I'm not really cool with a guy who's not a good shooter taking a dribble up 3 with a hand in his face. The % on those shots are really low and he's not exactly Kobe or Nash.
Start by saying I'm not making this a DMC vs. Reke thing. Because I have no problem going to Cousins if the situation presents itself. But....

I can't really see how you say Cousins is open. Keep pausing it. Initially, there are 3 guys within two feet. Casspi clears across the front, preventing a pass and moving Jeff Green into the picture. After Donte throws it in to Tyreke, the Cousins option opens up. Too late.

When Tyreke catches there, would you rather he drive and get stonewalled, maybe not even get a shot, as has happened frequently? Or take a clean jumper from a few feet behind the line for the win? I take the latter and if the shot had an extra inch on it, none of this controversy happens.

Just the way I see it. The scuffle is already blowing over and I'm glad he'll be back tomorrow. But it was certainly nothing to blow a fuse over.

And just to add, the shooting numbers from that game...

Tyreke: 11 for 22
Cousins: 5 for 14
Start by saying I'm not making this a DMC vs. Reke thing. Because I have no problem going to Cousins if the situation presents itself. But....

I can't really see how you say Cousins is open. Keep pausing it. Initially, there are 3 guys within two feet. Casspi clears across the front, preventing a pass and moving Jeff Green into the picture. After Donte throws it in to Tyreke, the Cousins option opens up. Too late.

When Tyreke catches there, would you rather he drive and get stonewalled, maybe not even get a shot, as has happened frequently? Or take a clean jumper from a few feet behind the line for the win? I take the latter and if the shot had an extra inch on it, none of this controversy happens.

Just the way I see it. The scuffle is already blowing over and I'm glad he'll be back tomorrow. But it was certainly nothing to blow a fuse over.

Before Casspi flashes across, Cousins has his man sealed and has an easy catch on the baseline side. To add, Casspi's man went underneath a deep set Cousins and even Casspi was open. The inbounder initially looked at Cousins but did not have the confidence to make the pass. It appeared to be a perfect design for Cousins to get it and hand off to Casspi for a step back.
We'll agree to disagree.
We'll agree to disagree.

I don't think you are wrong. I just think the coach didn't decide to use the best person to inbound that ball.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We'll agree to disagree.

I don't think you are wrong. I just think the coach didn't decide to use the best person to inbound that ball.

And I think he did.
Share 49ersWebzone