There are 163 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
They're saying on 1140 that fans are going to wear bags on their heads at the game tonight.

they should be ashamed. They have so much money too. They had good talent and let it go and they could have paid for more.

What in the world are you talking about? Who has so much money? The Kings are losing money and so are the Maloofs. What good talent did the Kings let go that would be valuable today? Bibby? Divac? Peja? Seriously?

They spent a few bad years in no mans land. Then blew it up and actually rebuilt. Now they have a real solid base of Evans and Cousins + Omri, Greene.

People are just suffering from unrealistic expectations. This isn't a playoff team. This isn't a .500 team. They will hopefully get a few more wins than last year but this is still a project and rebuild.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
They're saying on 1140 that fans are going to wear bags on their heads at the game tonight.

they should be ashamed. They have so much money too. They had good talent and let it go and they could have paid for more.

What in the world are you talking about? Who has so much money? The Kings are losing money and so are the Maloofs. What good talent did the Kings let go that would be valuable today? Bibby? Divac? Peja? Seriously?

They spent a few bad years in no mans land. Then blew it up and actually rebuilt. Now they have a real solid base of Evans and Cousins + Omri, Greene.

People are just suffering from unrealistic expectations. This isn't a playoff team. This isn't a .500 team. They will hopefully get a few more wins than last year but this is still a project and rebuild.

Hehe. Reign turning on his fellow kings fans. Moo hoo ahh ahh.

Anyone who wears a bag on their head at the game tonight is a f**king moron. It's not the lakers or spurs here, this is a young team with no leadership going through some early season struggles.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by dman:
Finally some good news for Kings fans:

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/05/27/2779919/voisin-walton-is-back-in-the-game.html#ixzz0p8q09Mob

The Walton-Jim Gray-Napear-Reynolds broadcasting team is annoying as hell. Maybe that's just me.

The other night during the Kings/Cavs game, the halftime feature is a Jim Gray interview with Kobe Bryant.

I actually like Bill Walton as one of our guys. It's a shame he can't replace Grant full time.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Anyone who wears a bag on their head at the game tonight is a f**king moron. It's not the lakers or spurs here, this is a young team with no leadership going through some early season struggles.

I agree. If you're that embarrassed, don't go to the game.
Some people got spoiled with our winning years, which is understandable. Wearing a bag over your head right now is ridiculous.

This is frustrating because it was supposed to be a year where we showed progress. We still can though. We're only 10 games into the season.

I just don't like the effort so far. Guys seem like they don't give a damn. That's the worst sign. With a young team, you should be able to see some excitement. Not seeing it.

I made it through the 20-win, Garry St. Jean years with Mitch, Tizzy, L-Train, Spud and Walt Williams. Some of the vets made it through more than that. That was 8 straight years of sub-30 wins.

This is only the beginning of year 3. It sucks but at least we got some pieces to work with.
Some people got spoiled with our winning years, which is understandable. Wearing a bag over your head right now is ridiculous.

This is frustrating because it was supposed to be a year where we showed progress. We still can though. We're only 10 games into the season.

I just don't like the effort so far. Guys seem like they don't give a damn. That's the worst sign. With a young team, you should be able to see some excitement. Not seeing it.

I made it through the 20-win, Garry St. Jean years with Mitch, Tizzy, L-Train, Spud and Walt Williams. Some of the vets made it through more than that. That was 8 straight years of sub-30 wins.

This is only the beginning of year 3. It sucks but at least we got some pieces to work with.

Westphal dicking with the young kids' minutes is the most frustrating. He is regulating them like a few more wins this year will really make a difference.

Put Cousins and Greene in the game and let em play. Yeah they will screw up but this year is about developing the young guys. Not about wins.
Donte starting tonight. We need a spark.

Westphal dicking with the young kids' minutes is the most frustrating. He is regulating them like a few more wins this year will really make a difference.

Put Cousins and Greene in the game and let em play. Yeah they will screw up but this year is about developing the young guys. Not about wins.

I'm still on the fence with Westphal.

I respect that he rewards production. Everyone usually gets a shot and if they produce, they get more PT.

But you do need some continuity. Who are the future pieces? They have to get comfortable together.

Antoine Wright should not play over Greene/Casspi. Darnell Jackson has played very well and you hate to punish him, but he's not a future piece. JT should be getting those minutes and every once in a while, activate Whiteside.

I think Westphal is handling the Dalembert/Cousins rotation as best he can. I'm not that big on Dalembert. Dude is pretty lazy and has no offense. He blocks some shots but when you're that big and athletic, I expect that. So as long as Cousins stays out of foul trouble, let him play. Westphal is giving him a chance -- some nights he seizes it, some nights he gets in foul trouble and you can't keep him in.
Cousins and Dalembert are even right now at about 22 minutes per game. I think that's fair for now.

As the season goes on and Cousins gets more comfortable, you bump him up to 30 and Dalembert down to 15-18.

Cousins and Dalembert are even right now at about 22 minutes per game. I think that's fair for now.

As the season goes on and Cousins gets more comfortable, you bump him up to 30 and Dalembert down to 15-18.

The JT at the 3 and Donte not playing is the real headscratcher. And then when Donte gets in the game he is visibly scared of messing up and getting benched for another 8 games.
Hold the Westfail rants for now.
We friggin suck now. Why the heck can't we score anymore?
can we please make a damn trade?
Share 49ersWebzone