LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Can someone explain to me why DeMarcus Cousins is shooting 4 three pointers in any game in his entire professional career?

Not ideal.

Made one on a broken play. That gave him confidence to take another -- missed it, got pulled. The third was acceptable to beat the shot clock on an inbound pass. The fourth was in garbage time.

I'd prefer if he stays down low. He has a nice face up game and shooting touch. But not a big fan of the three-point barrage.

Cosigned. Could be the difference between him being Duncanesque or Rasheed Wallace 2.0

That first drop-step move on Gasol was a thing of beauty.

That's the thing...the guy's got a post game, especially for his age. The 'Sheed comparison is actually pretty good. Excellent post game, shoots way too many jumpers (there were 2-3 other jumpers that he took that weren't 3's), and acts like he has no control of his emotions on the court.

He actually reminded me of Vernon Davis in his rookie year when I watched him tonight, and that isn't a compliment.

My opinion of him really dropped tonight. I hope he "gets it" the way Vernon did.

I actually agree with this post
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Can someone explain to me why DeMarcus Cousins is shooting 4 three pointers in any game in his entire professional career?

Not ideal.

Made one on a broken play. That gave him confidence to take another -- missed it, got pulled. The third was acceptable to beat the shot clock on an inbound pass. The fourth was in garbage time.

I'd prefer if he stays down low. He has a nice face up game and shooting touch. But not a big fan of the three-point barrage.

Cosigned. Could be the difference between him being Duncanesque or Rasheed Wallace 2.0

That first drop-step move on Gasol was a thing of beauty.

That's the thing...the guy's got a post game, especially for his age. The 'Sheed comparison is actually pretty good. Excellent post game, shoots way too many jumpers (there were 2-3 other jumpers that he took that weren't 3's), and acts like he has no control of his emotions on the court.

He actually reminded me of Vernon Davis in his rookie year when I watched him tonight, and that isn't a compliment.

My opinion of him really dropped tonight. I hope he "gets it" the way Vernon did.

I actually agree with this post

Yes but I think the Kings are trying very hard to coach him right. Westphal is a good coach for this kid. What was that about them brining in some High School coach?
wow we gave up 42 to Beasly
Word is that handling rookie forward DeMarcus Cousins is proving to be an even bigger job for coach Paul Westphal and his staff than expected, even after the Kings hired Cousins' high school coach (Otis Hughley) in hopes of keeping the 20-year-old -- freshly relegated to a bench role -- plugged in.

One source close to the situation told ESPN.com that Cousins was fined recently for clashing with members of Westphal's staff. I've also been advised that it's not one-and-done as far as such clashes go, which has created a level of tension that -- anticipated or not -- obviously isn't what the Kings need when they're already operating at such an experience deficit on top of their serious defensive frailties.

No one doubts the potential possessed by the Kings' precocious tag team of Cousins and Tyreke Evans. But as one veteran scout warned me during summer league in Las Vegas, when tales and hints of Cousins' volatility and immaturity spread quickly: "It's always risky to have two young divas on the same team."

Didn't take long for the Kings to find out.

Kings issues dont stop with cousins
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/11/12/kings-deny-growing-issues-with-demarcus-cousins-tyreke-evans/
Originally posted by valrod33:
Word is that handling rookie forward DeMarcus Cousins is proving to be an even bigger job for coach Paul Westphal and his staff than expected, even after the Kings hired Cousins' high school coach (Otis Hughley) in hopes of keeping the 20-year-old -- freshly relegated to a bench role -- plugged in.

One source close to the situation told ESPN.com that Cousins was fined recently for clashing with members of Westphal's staff. I've also been advised that it's not one-and-done as far as such clashes go, which has created a level of tension that -- anticipated or not -- obviously isn't what the Kings need when they're already operating at such an experience deficit on top of their serious defensive frailties.

No one doubts the potential possessed by the Kings' precocious tag team of Cousins and Tyreke Evans. But as one veteran scout warned me during summer league in Las Vegas, when tales and hints of Cousins' volatility and immaturity spread quickly: "It's always risky to have two young divas on the same team."

Didn't take long for the Kings to find out.

Kings issues dont stop with cousins
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/11/12/kings-deny-growing-issues-with-demarcus-cousins-tyreke-evans/

According to the beat writer Jason Jones on twitter, the problem was a month ago and it's not a big deal. Why the hell are you so on Cousins, just because the dumbass TWolves passed on him? I like the fact that he atleast cares enough to get mad at people. It's not his fault his coach is f**king retarded and he's on a team with no leadership.
Gotta love Val justifying the Wes Johnson pick.

That was fine for Minny at #4. But at 5, you take the risk. The talent is clearly there. Now we have to mold his attitude, ala Vernon Davis. It's a project. I don't like the news, but I'm not overly concerned yet.

Tonight was a much better showing. Still a lot of holes but at least the guys put some energy into it. Landry played much better and that's key for us. We need someone to dump it to down low. He opens up jumpers for Casspi/Garcia -- they just gotta hit 'em.

The progression of a young team.....we added the bigs. Now we have to find a swingman to score the rock.
lol, im not justifying the twolves pick, Im just posting kings news that i came across and i didnt see it posted in here so i posted it for you guys. Dont get your panties in a bunch
You also gave us this a couple weeks ago...

Quote:
Speaking of the Wolves, don't be too hard on GM David Kahn for taking Wes Johnson over DeMarcus Cousins. The Wolves didn't think he'd be a fit next to Love. But that wasn't the biggest reason they passed. There was a bigger concern that Cousins would be too much to handle in the locker room -- especially on such a young team.

You're stickin' it to us.
You also gave us this a couple weeks ago...

Quote:
Speaking of the Wolves, don't be too hard on GM David Kahn for taking Wes Johnson over DeMarcus Cousins. The Wolves didn't think he'd be a fit next to Love. But that wasn't the biggest reason they passed. There was a bigger concern that Cousins would be too much to handle in the locker room -- especially on such a young team.

You're stickin' it to us.

I post news in the heat thread the laker thread and this thread when there is news. Im not trying to rub anything into anybodies face, Wes Johnson is playing good but its nothing to brag about. I didnt want Cousins so i have no reason to try and justify anything between him and the wolves
This team

We need a real SG

We need Beno to be a backup PG

We need to give Thompson some damn minutes

Well we suck
  • dman
  • Veteran
Finally some good news for Kings fans:

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/05/27/2779919/voisin-walton-is-back-in-the-game.html#ixzz0p8q09Mob

Originally posted by dman:
Finally some good news for Kings fans:

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/05/27/2779919/voisin-walton-is-back-in-the-game.html#ixzz0p8q09Mob

The Walton-Jim Gray-Napear-Reynolds broadcasting team is annoying as hell. Maybe that's just me.

The other night during the Kings/Cavs game, the halftime feature is a Jim Gray interview with Kobe Bryant.
They're saying on 1140 that fans are going to wear bags on their heads at the game tonight.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
They're saying on 1140 that fans are going to wear bags on their heads at the game tonight.

they should be ashamed. They have so much money too. They had good talent and let it go and they could have paid for more.
Share 49ersWebzone