LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

***2012-2013 Utah Jazz Thread***

Ty Corbin making a great move today by benching Hayward for Raja Bell

Says he's hoping to make a playoff push. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. I was hoping to see more Favors/Kanter/Hayward/Burks, but I guess Ty has other plans. I can't take much more of this.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by saniner:
Ty Corbin making a great move today by benching Hayward for Raja Bell

Says he's hoping to make a playoff push. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. I was hoping to see more Favors/Kanter/Hayward/Burks, but I guess Ty has other plans. I can't take much more of this.

I just don't get it. Like I said earlier I question the hell out of what Corbin is doing. Even listening to the radio this morning people are confused and a little frustrated with guys getting minutes that don't deserve them. To me, and others on the radio it's plain as day as to what needs to happen, but I guess the big names and the sight of money in the playoffs is getting in the way.

I don't mind the benching of Hayward, but to replace him with Raja(again) is a little infuriating. I mean how many times has Raja been put in the lineup and done absolutey nothing? A good amount of the time. And who's going to pay the most for this? Alec Burks, who has picked up his defense and intensity the last little while.

And Favors looks like he could really be a special player, but only playing him 15 minutes is also frustrating. I can live with Enes sitting but Favors needs more time. That's why unfortunately I'd like to see us trade Milsap. Probably wont happen, but I think having him gone would really open up some playing time for the younger guys, and get us a legit P.G or a shooter in return. I would think that would keep us in the playoff race just as much as what we are doing now.
Favors gets just over 9 minutes in the first half, brings down 12 rebounds(8 offensive).

I love when the young guys play, but unfortunately Ty thinks Bell-Al-Howard-Millsap can get us in the playofffs.

Anyway, I'm a bit upset the Jazz didn't pull the trigger on any trades. It would have been nice to move some of the older guys like Howard or Bell.
I was hoping KOC would've made a couple of moves at the deadline. More minutes for Burks and Favors is what I am hoping for from here on out. They have the most upside out of the young guys, and are playing really good for the minutes they get. They are the the future. Get em in!
Originally posted by Nines99:
I was hoping KOC would've made a couple of moves at the deadline. More minutes for Burks and Favors is what I am hoping for from here on out. They have the most upside out of the young guys, and are playing really good for the minutes they get. They are the the future. Get em in!

Those two and Hayward have really benefited from Tinsley playing as well. He plays like a PG and those guys are so active when he is out there. I love when Burks - Hayward - Favors - Kanter are out on the floor together. They actually play defense and hustle on both ends of the court. Now all we need to do is get a young PG in the offseason. I can see the Jazz trading Millsap and keeping Jefferson through next season. Millsap would bring back the better deal, and lets face it, AL is our only consistent scoring threat as of now. Also Al stays after practice with Kanter to help him on his offensive game.
I'm also a fan of Tinsley, he is playing the best out of the Three PGs. He sees the floor like a PG should, and gets the young guys in the best position. The whole team looks better with him out on the court, and I think the coaches see that when they have him in late in the 4th over Harris. Harris isn't made for this type of offense.

Sap has the talent, and a very moveable contract to bring back something good in return. I'm not a fan of the PGs in the up coming draft, save for Lillard. So hopefully he can bring in a good PG from a trade in the offseason.
  • Jiks
23/17? This guy is really starting to come into his own. Kanter 13 boards. Burks didn't shoot well but he is coming along nicely. And hopefully Hayward can learn to be a starter. If so I really like the nucleus of this team.

Also what's with the Warriors pick? It's protected by top 7 pick? So if the Warriors bomb it the rest of the season we most likely won't be seeing that this year right? Is that how this works?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
23/17? This guy is really starting to come into his own. Kanter 13 boards. Burks didn't shoot well but he is coming along nicely. And hopefully Hayward can learn to be a starter. If so I really like the nucleus of this team.

Also what's with the Warriors pick? It's protected by top 7 pick? So if the Warriors bomb it the rest of the season we most likely won't be seeing that this year right? Is that how this works?

Yup
Favors played really well. He has shown flashes the last few weeks but was still getting limited minutes.

Big game for him tonight as he goes up against Bynum for most of the game.

Big game tonight on a back to back @ Lakers.
Good game. Kobe was the game winner, tonight. Just not for the Lakers.
  • Jiks
Are we only a 1/2 game out of the 8th seed now? If our younger guys keep coming on strong we actually may have a shot at squeaking into the playoffs. This team has young talent across the board, and also has veterens like Harris, Jefferson, and Milsap to carry the load. I've always felt we should have a better team than what we have portrayed but hopefully they are starting to get it. Alec Burks is exactly what we need at wing. Can't wait to see the guy once he finds his game. Same could be said for Kanter. I said a while ago I want to see him start to shoot that 8-10 foot jumper and he's slowly starting to develop it. And not even gonna get started on Favors. Dude's potential is mind boggling the more I see out of him.
Nice W. I love utahs roster. You guys make it seem like Ty is just a knucklehead lol
  • Jiks
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Nice W. I love utahs roster. You guys make it seem like Ty is just a knucklehead lol

He is finally starting to play the guys like Burks, Kanter and Favors like we've been asking for, for quite a while now. These guys were getting no playing time and the Jazz were going straight downhill. Since these guys have gotten more minutes we have been playing much better basketball.
Share 49ersWebzone