LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

***2012-2013 Utah Jazz Thread***

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Another win and against the defending champs to make us 6-0. Preseason doesn't mean s**t but its nice to get a win against the Lakers, its been awhile. More important than that Hayward finally showed his potential after struggling so far. Tonight he was 8-10 FG and 10-11 on free throws, a damn near perfect night. CJ, Al, AK, Earl, and Ronnie were great for us as well although I was pretty disappointed with Millsap and his 7 turnovers. He's been struggling a lot alongside Al it seems like but regular season is all that matters. D-Will, Elson, Nichols, Evans, Gaines, Jeffers all sat out due to injuries/flu or coaches decisions.

Hayward played really well. I'm not too concerned about him going forward. AK was great last night, as was CJ, Price, and Watson. It's easy to see that we need Price for the energy he brings, so Gaines is gone, easily. Also, I think Jeffers makes it over Thompson and Nichols
Hayward made some very clever plays, but did most of his damage against 2nd and 3rd units. Both Artest and Kobe took him in the post and drew fouls where Hayward looked completely overmatched.

He looks like he'll be a good player on the offensive end, but he's really frail and that's gonna cause problems on defense.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Hayward made some very clever plays, but did most of his damage against 2nd and 3rd units. Both Artest and Kobe took him in the post and drew fouls where Hayward looked completely overmatched.

He looks like he'll be a good player on the offensive end, but he's really frail and that's gonna cause problems on defense.

Yeah I'm not expecting a lot out of him this year, him and Evans need to put quite a bit of muscle on first , but I was just happy to see him finally get his shot going last night. He's been struggling a ton this preaseason against 1st, 2nd and 3rd units and I think last night was the first time he's broke double digits so I'll gladly take it.

Gordon Hayward Dodgeball Champion

Why can't the last two games be in the playoffs? Awesome to see big Al have 4 blocks though on Gasol, and Bell and AK driving Kobe nuts.
Gains, Nichols, Thompson and surprisingly Jeffers were all released today. I knew Evans was a lock but I figured Jeffers would be too but hopefully he'll go to the Flash.
Here's what the rotation will probably look like and I'll put in my thoughts on the team as a whole later tonight.
Williams / Watson / Price
Bell / Miles
Kirilenko / Miles/ Hayward
Millsap /AK/ Evans
Jefferson / Fesenko / Elson / Okur
Finished preaseason undefeated for the first time in Jazz history althtough CJ sprained his ankle but hopefully he won't miss too much time he's been our only threat off the bench so far. The pass from Price to Fes was sick as well, both guys have played a lot better thus far.

Our rookie Hayward has some other special taents outside of basketball too.

Sloan announced the starters were Deron Williams, Raja Bell, Andrei Kirilenko, Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson. No surprises among them.
Season begins tonight!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I like the Jazz
0-1 Lost to Denver and it sounds like we played like s**t especially Big Al and AK, but I'm not too concerned the team needs to get in sync. Rookies did a good job though and Evans probably surprised a lot of people with 11 tonight.
whats up with color scheme of the uni's. i liked the baby blues
Share 49ersWebzone