• Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
LOL at Smith to Orlando for Jameer & Anderson. As though Atlanta would do that.

The full deal I believe is

Orlando gets:

F Josh Smith
G Kirk Hinrich

Atlanta gets:

G Jameer Nelson
F Ryan Anderson
C Daniel Orton
$$$
Some sort of pick

That makes even less sense for Atlanta.

I'm praying it goes through.

They're saying Boston is the front runners...but Atlanta wants KG and Allen...I can't see Boston doing that.

then what the hell is boston offering?? atl better not be gift wrapping them josh smith for their trash

I've even heard rumors of Ray Allen for Josh Smith straight up.

James where the heck are you reading this ish?

It's all over the internet.

Mainly twitter and blogs.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'm sure teams can add $$$ and picks to even the deal out...but this is how it stands player wise.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
LOL at Smith to Orlando for Jameer & Anderson. As though Atlanta would do that.

The full deal I believe is

Orlando gets:

F Josh Smith
G Kirk Hinrich

Atlanta gets:

G Jameer Nelson
F Ryan Anderson
C Daniel Orton
$$$
Some sort of pick

That makes even less sense for Atlanta.

I'm praying it goes through.

They're saying Boston is the front runners...but Atlanta wants KG and Allen...I can't see Boston doing that.

then what the hell is boston offering?? atl better not be gift wrapping them josh smith for their trash

I've even heard rumors of Ray Allen for Josh Smith straight up.

James where the heck are you reading this ish?

It's all over the internet.

Mainly twitter and blogs.

Thanks. I'm not too sure why Boston wants Josh Smith though. I mean Pierce is already their 3 and if you put him at the 4 then you are a bit undersized. He's not a great offensive player and they already have Green next to Pierce or behind him. Why do they need another tweener???
I'm sure teams can add $$$ and picks to even the deal out...but this is how it stands player wise.

Dallas really likes Roddy B. and they have Marion and Butler at 3. Why would they deal Haywood for Marvin? Brendan is perfect backup to Chandler and a perfect compliment to Dirk.
I do not think Dwight will like Jameer being traded.
That dumb whore took that tweet down.
False Trade. LOL.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Report: Josh Smith to Orlando Magic trade rumors “legit”

Josh Smith is being shopped around, and while Boston may not be interested Orlando is.

That according to Ken Berger at CBS Sports.

Quote:
A source also said discussions between Atlanta and Orlando with Josh Smith going to the Magic are “totally legit.” Executives say the Hawks have expressed an eagerness to move Smith and would like to shed salary in the process.

For Orlando, this makes a lot of sense. If they are going to keep Dwight Howard they have to shake up the roster again and become serious contenders, Josh Smith is a step in that direction. Orlando’s offense can get stagnant because nobody consistently can create good shots for themselves outside of Howard — Smith would change that. He also is a good defensive forward and combined with Howard makes the Magic a powerful defensive force. If Stan Van Gundy can get Smith to take fewer midrange jumpers they will be set.

The problem is, what does Orlando have to give back that Atlanta really wants? The Hawks would like both talent and to save money. The only guys with straight up salaries that match are Hedo Turkoglu or Gilbert Arenas, and those are not happening because it’s an added expense for less talent. A combination of Jameer Nelson and J.J. Redick would do it, but that would not save Atlanta any money. And it decimates the Orlando back court — unless you love the Gilbert Arenas/Chris Duhon combo. If I were the Hawks, I would demand Ryan Anderson in any deal.

Orlando may need a third team or maybe Atlanta is more desperate to move Smith than I thought. I get why the Magic want Smith, but it makes far less sense for Atlanta.

Link
Interesting. Ken Berger's a very solid writer, so if he says it's legit I believe him. I still don't think it gets done unless there's a 3rd team involved.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Interesting. Ken Berger's a very solid writer, so if he says it's legit I believe him. I still don't think it gets done unless there's a 3rd team involved.[/quote]

• jrg
  • Veteran
Make it happen Otis!

Here are five reasons why the rewards outweigh the potential risks in acquiring Smith:

5. Smith would be a significant upgrade to Bass- Smith is known for taking his fair share of ill-advised shots, but so is ‘No Pass Bass.’ With Smith you get a more athletic, taller (a legit 6-9 compared to a generous 6-8) player who is more complete on both ends of the floor.

4. Smith and Howard would be the most athletic 4-5 combo in the league- Envision teams trying to drive to the lane with Howard and Smith patrolling the paint. You’d get two of the NBA’s premier shot blockers as well as dunkers to form a dynamic duo that no team could really match up against.

3. Orlando would have more defined roles- With Jameer and Bass gone, the roster would finally settle down a little. There’d be no more questioning on how to use Gilbert Arenas (he’d likely be the starting point guard) or debating if Ryan Anderson should start over Bass (he’d be relegated to fill-time sixth-man duty, which is a great fit for him). It may not seem like a big deal but one of the biggest problems with the Magic last season was the team’s identity crisis and this move allows guys to settle into familiar roles.

2. Smith would fit into Stan Van Gundy’s system- As much criticism as Smith gets for his shooting, he has progressed his outside game considerably. Last season he shot a respectable 33 percent from three-point land, which would make him a decent fit to spread the floor while Howard does his thing inside. Plus he has improved as a defender too and he buys into playing defense, something Van Gundy definitely digs.

1. Smith + Howard= Man Love- The two are BFF. They played together on the same AAU team and Howard was the best man at Smith’s wedding this past summer. He would ultimately keep Howard from leaving Orlando and at the end of the day, isn’t that what you want if you’re the Magic?

There’s definitely a lot to like about a Smith to Orlando scenario if you're the Magic. The Magic wouldn't have to sacrifice the team getting worse in order to keep the game’s most dominant big man. In fact they'd get an uber athletic power forward who would have instant chemistry with Howard.
you still wont have much other than Smith and Howard
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

lulz

lulz

unless a 3rd team comes in that would be the dumbest trade Atlanta could make. Whether you like it or not nobody wants your "assets" except for maybe Andersen A 3rd team would have to be involved
  • jrg
  • Veteran

lulz

unless a 3rd team comes in that would be the dumbest trade Atlanta could make. Whether you like it or not nobody wants your "assets" except for maybe Andersen A 3rd team would have to be involved

agreed. a 3rd team will likely need to be involved..it was dallas last night.
Share 49ersWebzone