LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

2023-24 Orlando Magic Thread

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Riley's always had very little patience with guys that he thought were mentally soft. Dude's like a mafia boss. I'd imagine that he's furious with LeBron right now, not because he didn't play well, but because of the incredibly passive effort that he gave in the process.

This team's his last chance to add to his legacy, and he's not gonna think twice about dealing a guy for the sake of making his team better, especially one that's been there for all of a year.

On Orlando's side, if D12 was staying there no matter what, he would have signed by now. They've offered all they can offer, and they will likely have to offer even less once the new CBA is in place. I'd guess that Howard wants to see what Otis Smith can do to improve the team, but it's gonna be hard to add all that much talent with their current cap/talent situation. There ain't much that people want outside of Howard.So like dobo said, you risk losing D12 for nothing. LeBron would be a very, VERY nice consolation prize.

It makes sense for both teams, but the biggest issue would be whether or not D12 wants to go there.

Talk about overreaction. LeBron isn't going anywhere. And LOL at LeBron being a consolation prize.

Overreaction? Howard instead of LeBron CLEARLY makes Miami a better team than they are now.

And LOL at you talking about overreaction after blowing your wad in the ECFs with ridiculous things like "Witness THAT, haters", and then getting really, REALLY quiet during the Finals.

I certainly did Witness the Quitness in the Finals.

You sound like a Skip Bayless clone. I still say the Miami Heat will win a lot of championships and they got way farther than anyone thought they would at the start of the season. They are still way ahead of schedule. Just wait until they add another MLE this off season.

And I got quiet because I went out of town for 4 days and didn't even watch the last 3 Finals games. It's not like I just disappeared from Other Sports, I was quiet on the whole zone.

didnt they sign 7 year contracts and predict 7 titles or so? sounds like they behind schedule now

They were 6 year deals. And link to your source for that prediction?
Riley's always had very little patience with guys that he thought were mentally soft. Dude's like a mafia boss. I'd imagine that he's furious with LeBron right now, not because he didn't play well, but because of the incredibly passive effort that he gave in the process.

This team's his last chance to add to his legacy, and he's not gonna think twice about dealing a guy for the sake of making his team better, especially one that's been there for all of a year.

On Orlando's side, if D12 was staying there no matter what, he would have signed by now. They've offered all they can offer, and they will likely have to offer even less once the new CBA is in place. I'd guess that Howard wants to see what Otis Smith can do to improve the team, but it's gonna be hard to add all that much talent with their current cap/talent situation. There ain't much that people want outside of Howard.So like dobo said, you risk losing D12 for nothing. LeBron would be a very, VERY nice consolation prize.

It makes sense for both teams, but the biggest issue would be whether or not D12 wants to go there.

Talk about overreaction. LeBron isn't going anywhere. And LOL at LeBron being a consolation prize.

Overreaction? Howard instead of LeBron CLEARLY makes Miami a better team than they are now.

And LOL at you talking about overreaction after blowing your wad in the ECFs with ridiculous things like "Witness THAT, haters", and then getting really, REALLY quiet during the Finals.

You sound like a Skip Bayless clone. I still say the Miami Heat will win a lot of championships and they got way farther than anyone thought they would at the start of the season. They are still way ahead of schedule. Just wait until they add another MLE this off season.

And I got quiet because I went out of town for 4 days and didn't even watch the last 3 Finals games. It's not like I just disappeared from Other Sports, I was quiet on the whole zone.

didnt they sign 7 year contracts and predict 7 titles or so? sounds like they behind schedule now

a link? if u havent heard lebron saying not 1 not 2 not 3 etc all the way up to 7 then you've been living under a rock like those geico commercials
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Smith hasn’t requested a trade, but has privately told league friends that the Boston Celtics, New Jersey Nets, Houston Rockets and Orlando Magic are his preferred destinations should the Hawks decide to move him.

Dwight Howard and Josh Smith we're friends growing up in Atlanta
wait i thought otis smith is coveting carlos boozer since d-12 and booz are reportedly best of friends.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
wait i thought otis smith is coveting carlos boozer since d-12 and booz are reportedly best of friends.

God I hope not
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

God I hope not

i posted regarding this on general NBA discussion thread. check 3rd to the last page
  • JD81
  • Veteran
http://twitter.com/LindsayM_CSN/status/83337257674743808

Orlando making moves: Magic will acquire Josh Smith for Jameer Nelson, Ryan Anderson and others...

This trade officially will be announced the day of the NBA Draft also there was speculation that a 3rd team jumped in, Details Stay Tuned! 16 minutes ago via web The Hawks will also acquire Daniel Orton/ and conditional draft picks in the Josh Smith trade..Hawks also trade Kirk Hinrich to the Magic.
Originally posted by JD81:

Orlando making moves: Magic will acquire Josh Smith for Jameer Nelson, Ryan Anderson and others...

This trade officially will be announced the day of the NBA Draft also there was speculation that a 3rd team jumped in, Details Stay Tuned! 16 minutes ago via web The Hawks will also acquire Daniel Orton/ and conditional draft picks in the Josh Smith trade..Hawks also trade Kirk Hinrich to the Magic.

wow
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by JD81:

wow

Yeah. She's hot.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Wow. Man I hate to see Jameer go but this is an unbelievable trade for Orlando.

Howard AND Smith blocking shots?

• jrg
  • Veteran
And valrod was just saying this morning we didn't have the pieces to get the deal done
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

a link? if u havent heard lebron saying not 1 not 2 not 3 etc all the way up to 7 then you've been living under a rock like those geico commercials

[ Edited by jimrat201 on Jun 21, 2011 at 19:05:54 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Now let's go get Chris Paul

Hinrich, bass, picks and cash for Paul
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Now let's go get Chris Paul

Hinrich, bass, picks and cash for Paul

Don't be greedy dude
  • jrg