LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

2023-24 Orlando Magic Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Eh, I'm not worried about it..we can draw up trade machine trades all day..but Howard isn't going anywhere
Originally posted by jrg:
not a player on the warriors id accept for dwight

The Orlando Warriors

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=423ohsg
Riley's always had very little patience with guys that he thought were mentally soft. Dude's like a mafia boss. I'd imagine that he's furious with LeBron right now, not because he didn't play well, but because of the incredibly passive effort that he gave in the process.

This team's his last chance to add to his legacy, and he's not gonna think twice about dealing a guy for the sake of making his team better, especially one that's been there for all of a year.

On Orlando's side, if D12 was staying there no matter what, he would have signed by now. They've offered all they can offer, and they will likely have to offer even less once the new CBA is in place. I'd guess that Howard wants to see what Otis Smith can do to improve the team, but it's gonna be hard to add all that much talent with their current cap/talent situation. There ain't much that people want outside of Howard.So like dobo said, you risk losing D12 for nothing. LeBron would be a very, VERY nice consolation prize.

It makes sense for both teams, but the biggest issue would be whether or not D12 wants to go there.
CHAMPIONSHIP

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3jgbd8o
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by jrg:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=43rkxlj]

Yeah I think yours makes a lot more sense. I'd hold onto the best player on the planet AND get Howard.

Dwight Howard IS the best player on the planet.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Riley's always had very little patience with guys that he thought were mentally soft. Dude's like a mafia boss. I'd imagine that he's furious with LeBron right now, not because he didn't play well, but because of the incredibly passive effort that he gave in the process.

This team's his last chance to add to his legacy, and he's not gonna think twice about dealing a guy for the sake of making his team better, especially one that's been there for all of a year.

On Orlando's side, if D12 was staying there no matter what, he would have signed by now. They've offered all they can offer, and they will likely have to offer even less once the new CBA is in place. I'd guess that Howard wants to see what Otis Smith can do to improve the team, but it's gonna be hard to add all that much talent with their current cap/talent situation. There ain't much that people want outside of Howard.So like dobo said, you risk losing D12 for nothing. LeBron would be a very, VERY nice consolation prize.

It makes sense for both teams, but the biggest issue would be whether or not D12 wants to go there.

Talk about overreaction. LeBron isn't going anywhere. And LOL at LeBron being a consolation prize.
Originally posted by valrod33:
CHAMPIONSHIP

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3jgbd8o

lol

Curry
Monta
Durant
Udoh
Perkins

Westbrook as 6th man

[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Jun 13, 2011 at 11:59:27 ]

Talk about overreaction. LeBron isn't going anywhere. And LOL at LeBron being a consolation prize.

Overreaction? Howard instead of LeBron CLEARLY makes Miami a better team than they are now.

And LOL at you talking about overreaction after blowing your wad in the ECFs with ridiculous things like "Witness THAT, haters", and then getting really, REALLY quiet during the Finals.

I certainly did Witness the Quitness in the Finals.

Overreaction? Howard instead of LeBron CLEARLY makes Miami a better team than they are now.

And LOL at you talking about overreaction after blowing your wad in the ECFs with ridiculous things like "Witness THAT, haters", and then getting really, REALLY quiet during the Finals.

No doubt

You saw what Wade and Shaq did when Shaq was getting old.
Imagine Wade with 25 year old Dwight

Orlando has to agree to deal too and you're just not going to bring in that high profile of a guy unless he wants to play for you.

If they traded for Lebron he'd instantly be on trade watch.

I still dont think the Heat are going to trade lebron
ofcourse they would if it was for Dwight, but thats not gonna happen

They should trade Bosh though. What a waste of 17 mill
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Orlando has to agree to deal too and you're just not going to bring in that high profile of a guy unless he wants to play for you.

Even if LeBron didn't want to play for them, at worst they'd be in a much better trading position than they are now with Howard. Teams know that Orlando is between a rock and a hard place right now, with them possibly losing Howard for nothing at the end of the year. So that's going to decrease Howard's trade value, because Orlando has little leverage.

With LeBron, they'd have a lot more negotiating power. You could get a TON in exchange for him, even if he didn't want to play there.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Even if LeBron didn't want to play for them, at worst they'd be in a much better trading position than they are now with Howard. Teams know that Orlando is between a rock and a hard place right now, with them possibly losing Howard for nothing at the end of the year. So that's going to decrease Howard's trade value, because Orlando has little leverage.

With LeBron, they'd have a lot more negotiating power. You could get a TON in exchange for him, even if he didn't want to play there.

Not sure. Howard's the type of player that teams will break the bank for regardless. New York and New Jersey both gave up alot to aquire Melo and Williams and Denver had no leverage whatsoever.

The inquiring team is always going to have fears of losing that player. Someone of Howard's caliber will only be on the market once.

They acquire Lebron they'll still be between a rock and hard place. It'll be a Melo situation, Lebron will say trade me to "x" team, and that's it. Only so long that you can stall the inevitable.

You sound like a Skip Bayless clone. I still say the Miami Heat will win a lot of championships and they got way farther than anyone thought they would at the start of the season. They are still way ahead of schedule. Just wait until they add another MLE this off season.

And I got quiet because I went out of town for 4 days and didn't even watch the last 3 Finals games. It's not like I just disappeared from Other Sports, I was quiet on the whole zone.

You sound like a Skip Bayless clone. I still say the Miami Heat will win a lot of championships and they got way farther than anyone thought they would at the start of the season. They are still way ahead of schedule. Just wait until they add another MLE this off season.

And I got quiet because I went out of town for 4 days and didn't even watch the last 3 Finals games. It's not like I just disappeared from Other Sports, I was quiet on the whole zone.

didnt they sign 7 year contracts and predict 7 titles or so? sounds like they behind schedule now

[ Edited by crabman82 on Jun 13, 2011 at 13:46:48 ]
Share 49ersWebzone