LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

2023-24 Orlando Magic Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Denton: Howard Ready for Season Opener

Quote:
``I think it’s about to start for me. I think this really is the start of my prime, these next couple of years,’’ an introspective Howard said following the final tune-up for the opener. ``I think I’m going to reach a new height this year. I think at the end of the year I’ll be a lot better and a lot more confident in myself than I am now. I’m real confident going into the season now, but the more that I play the more comfortable I will be with certain situations.

``I really think the next couple of years, like (Magic GM) Otis (Smith) would always say to me, `You know Dwight, when you get right there about 25 or 26 years old, that’s when you are going to be great and the game will slow down to you.’ He’s right because everything is slowing down and I’m seeing things now that I didn’t see a couple of years ago. And not a lot of things are bothering me like they used to. I used to let people affect the way that I played or media or whatever, but I’m better with that now.’’

Howard’s proclamation that he is just now heading into his prime years has to make opposing centers shake in their shoes. Just last season, Howard became the first consensus All-NBA player in Magic history while setting a new league record when he led the NBA in rebounding and blocked shots in the same season for a second year in a row.

Link

If D12 really has "gotten" it on offense, he's gonna take a big dump all over Miami and vault Orlando over them and Boston into being the favorites out East. And you'd be AT LEAST right there with the Lakers. We'll see.

Actually even as it stands now I think Orlando would beat Miami in a 7 game series.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Denton: Howard Ready for Season Opener

Quote:
``I think it’s about to start for me. I think this really is the start of my prime, these next couple of years,’’ an introspective Howard said following the final tune-up for the opener. ``I think I’m going to reach a new height this year. I think at the end of the year I’ll be a lot better and a lot more confident in myself than I am now. I’m real confident going into the season now, but the more that I play the more comfortable I will be with certain situations.

``I really think the next couple of years, like (Magic GM) Otis (Smith) would always say to me, `You know Dwight, when you get right there about 25 or 26 years old, that’s when you are going to be great and the game will slow down to you.’ He’s right because everything is slowing down and I’m seeing things now that I didn’t see a couple of years ago. And not a lot of things are bothering me like they used to. I used to let people affect the way that I played or media or whatever, but I’m better with that now.’’

Howard’s proclamation that he is just now heading into his prime years has to make opposing centers shake in their shoes. Just last season, Howard became the first consensus All-NBA player in Magic history while setting a new league record when he led the NBA in rebounding and blocked shots in the same season for a second year in a row.

Link

If D12 really has "gotten" it on offense, he's gonna take a big dump all over Miami and vault Orlando over them and Boston into being the favorites out East. And you'd be AT LEAST right there with the Lakers. We'll see.

Actually even as it stands now I think Orlando would beat Miami in a 7 game series.

People just assume Miami because they're the "sexy" pick out East now..They have nobody that can stop Howard. That and Jameer Nelson vs. Carlos Arroyo? Ha.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Do players suddenly develop great post games 7 seasons into their career?
[ Edited by crzy on Oct 28, 2010 at 5:04 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

Why couldn't they? Isn't that why they practice? He has post moves..they're just not as fine tuned as they need to be.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Why couldn't they? Isn't that why they practice? He has post moves..they're just not as fine tuned as they need to be.

We'll see.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Game time!

It's here!

It's cool that Dwight is trying to develop, and he might even soak some of that in, but you can just see that it's not natural to him. Even at his age, Hakeem is a million times smoother with the ball in that video. It's amazing watching him work in that video. Dwight just isn't that guy.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

It's cool that Dwight is trying to develop, and he might even soak some of that in, but you can just see that it's not natural to him. Even at his age, Hakeem is a million times smoother with the ball in that video. It's amazing watching him work in that video. Dwight just isn't that guy.

Yeah I'm a firm believer that when it comes to talent, for the most part, you are who you are.

You might able to improve certain things well into your career like shooting, but not most things.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Q-Rich starting over Bass
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Nice beard, VC...oh and look! He's going to the basket!

• jrg
  • Veteran
Still haven't seen Howard touch the ball on offense
Damn, that kid Wall has a quick burst.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Carter driving to the basket...love it
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I just saw shard drive the ball to the hole!!!
Share 49ersWebzone