There are 228 users in the forums

2023-24 Orlando Magic Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
lol

According to sources Lakers will acquire Center Dwight Howard for Bynum/Odom and future 1st round draft picks!

Who would you rather have for him, Bynum/Odom, Bynum/Gasol, or Odom/Gasol?

I wonder if the LAL would ever give up all 3...probably not, but gotta figure they'd do any 2.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by andes14:
lol

According to sources Lakers will acquire Center Dwight Howard for Bynum/Odom and future 1st round draft picks!

I wonder if the LAL would ever give up all 3...probably not, but gotta figure they'd do any 2.

I wouldn't want any of those for Howard..but if I was forced to choose one I'd take Gasol and Bynum.

This rumors is apparently fake anyway.
lol

I wouldn't want any of those for Howard..but if I was forced to choose one I'd take Gasol and Bynum.

That's who I would trade from the Laker's perspective as well.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Jameer Nelson looks like a penguin

lol he kinda does
lol

Other beat writers are reporting it also
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
lol

You think Odom>Gasol?
lol

You think Odom>Gasol?

No, I think Howard + Odom > Howard + Gasol or Howard + Bynum

I think Gasol's a better player than Odom, but I think Odom fits alongside Howard better than Gasol does. I think Howard/Gasol would get in each other's way. Same with Bynum/Howard, although I'm definitely intrigued by the interior defense there.

Odom plays a lot from the perimeter and would give Howard room to operate, but would still be a force on the boards and can guard PF's. Also, as Kobe gets older I'd like to see him in the post more, similar to what Chicago did with Jordan in his later years. Hard to do that with a Howard/Gasol or Howard/Bynum combo.

But I wouldn't complain about any of them.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 25, 2011 at 21:20:29 ]
lol

You think Odom>Gasol?

No, I think Howard + Odom > Howard + Gasol or Howard + Bynum

I think Gasol's a better player than Odom, but I think Odom fits alongside Howard better than Gasol does. I think Howard/Gasol would get in each other's way. Same with Bynum/Howard, although I'm definitely intrigued by the interior defense there.

Odom plays a lot from the perimeter and would give Howard room to operate, but would still be a force on the boards and can guard PF's. Also, as Kobe gets older I'd like to see him in the post more, similar to what Chicago did with Jordan in his later years. Hard to do that with a Howard/Gasol or Howard/Bynum combo.

But I wouldn't complain about any of them.

I still think the best option would be teaming Gasol and Howard. Gasol jus has a finesse game that could complement Howard's power game. Gasol is a proven all star in the league. I think he could adjust to Howard's game and play well of each other nicely.
Poor jrg, the laker fans have invaded his thread and are talking about a fake rumor to steal his team's best player.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Poor jrg, the laker fans have invaded his thread and are talking about a fake rumor to steal his team's best player.

Hope the lockout doesnt hurt the Magic's chances of landing a decent FA to help Dwight. But I doubt it.

• jrg
  • Veteran
No Thanksgiving or Christmas games for us this year

Oh well
No Thanksgiving or Christmas games for us this year

Oh well

Why would anybody want to watch the Magic without Dwight Howard
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33: