There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-11 Back-to-Back NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
We need a new bench, Blake, Barnes, Walton, are just awful. Find a way to trade Artest, and try and bring in Chris Paul, f**k Howard. I also fear that Gasol's and Odom's intensity is never gonna be the same anymore after winning those 2 championships, however, I don't see the Lakers getting rid of either of those guys. At least not until their contracts are about to be up.

Were not getting Paul without giving up Bynum or Gasol.
The cheap shots at the end were uncalled for. It didn't work out for the Lakers this year but you don't have to try to hurt people. Especially the Bynum one and even Kobe seemed to criticize it. There can be no place for that in basketball. Definitely Bynum needs to be suspended a few games next year.
so Phil D. Jackson in the NBA Finals with the

Chicago Bulls 6-0

L.A Lakers 5-2

damn I forget that he had more chances with the Lakers than the Bulls. running through the ESPN highlights it's mind blowing how deep and powerful the Laker teams were
Originally posted by KALI-KING:
We need a new bench, Blake, Barnes, Walton, are just awful. Find a way to trade Artest, and try and bring in Chris Paul, f**k Howard. I also fear that Gasol's and Odom's intensity is never gonna be the same anymore after winning those 2 championships, however, I don't see the Lakers getting rid of either of those guys. At least not until their contracts are about to be up.

if that's the case, send gasol packing. he doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder after he wont those two rings. bynum is still playing with some fire since he missed out on the last two
Originally posted by kujon11:

if that's the case, send gasol packing. he doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder after he wont those two rings. bynum is still playing with some fire since he missed out on the last two

We wouldn't have to give up as much for CP3, I don't think. He will be a free agent and unless some other team offers a lot, he can be had for relatively cheap. We're never getting my favorite player in Derrick Rose, but we can have my 2nd favorite in L.A. I'd like to see us get rid of Brown(absolute garbage, hate him with a passion), and Walton. Use Odom, Bynum, and Gasol as trade bait. Most likely will have to trade Bynum for Howard, but hopefully we could get a couple of draft picks with him or maybe Brandon Bass I like Howard because he is a beast on D, but can also light it up on the scoresheet. He is also more mature than Bynum...I hear Stephen Curry is up on the trading block, maybe we could bring him in as our PG. It would be nice if we could sign Kurt Thomas and re-sign Joe Smith for some depth.
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:

We wouldn't have to give up as much for CP3, I don't think. He will be a free agent and unless some other team offers a lot, he can be had for relatively cheap. We're never getting my favorite player in Derrick Rose, but we can have my 2nd favorite in L.A. I'd like to see us get rid of Brown(absolute garbage, hate him with a passion), and Walton. Use Odom, Bynum, and Gasol as trade bait. Most likely will have to trade Bynum for Howard, but hopefully we could get a couple of draft picks with him or maybe Brandon Bass I like Howard because he is a beast on D, but can also light it up on the scoresheet. He is also more mature than Bynum...I hear Stephen Curry is up on the trading block, maybe we could bring him in as our PG. It would be nice if we could sign Kurt Thomas and re-sign Joe Smith for some depth.

LOL You are going to get CP 3 and then Howard and some draft picks for Bynum? I dont want to say anything bout your guys' loss since I respect most of you, but as far as the trades go keep mf dreaming dude!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

LOL You are going to get CP 3 and then Howard and some draft picks for Bynum? I dont want to say anything bout your guys' loss since I respect most of you, but as far as the trades go keep mf dreaming dude!

LOL. That is quite a dream...

Originally posted by Niners99:

Carmelo was a FA this summer and NY gave up A Lot for him. I know you guys got a sweet deal from Memphis, but it was an exception. Gasol's value is at all time low and Bynum still has to prove he can stay healthy.
Andrew Bynum is a total douche
Bynum and Odom for Dwight Howard

Gasol, Fisher and Shannon Brown (after he exercises player option) for Chris Paul

Paul
Kobe
Artest
Who cares
Howard

David Stern will make these trades this offseason BOOK IT
I can’t believe how a lot of Laker fans are throwing Gasol under the bus and saying to get rid of him. He had a horrendous post season (the guy did lose his fiancée and there are a lot of rumors swirling about Mrs. Bryant’s involvement), but you guys went to three finals and won two rings with him. Are you kidding me?

Even Magic Johnson was saying the trade wasn’t unfair now that Marc Gasol is playing decent. It has taken him four years to be decent? While Pau Gasol has been the second best player on the team, one of the best big men and winning rings.

It pisses me off how a lot of Laker fans are so spoiled and take stuff for granted… All these cats want to blow the team up and get Howard. If you made a big upgrade at PG you would be in the finals again with the same team. You guys get zero from the PG position.

Mitch has a hard job... if the team doesn't win the finals the fans freak out. Relax... this team is still exceptional.
It sucks to check out of the playoffs so early, but I'm not too broken hearted about it. The past 3 years have been a dream come true for some franchises. To some of us, it's just the norm. 3 straight Finals trips, with back to back titles is an amazing run.

I wasn't happy at all with the moves made to solidify the bench. You all know how I feel about #9. As I expected, he did absolutely nothing to contribute during the season or the playoffs. In my eyes, the downfall started when he signed. Every single one of you disagreed with me, but look who knew what was up all along.

I hope the owners and players work things out quickly. It'll be interesting to see what the front office does with the roster.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It sucks to check out of the playoffs so early, but I'm not too broken hearted about it. The past 3 years have been a dream come true for some franchises. To some of us, it's just the norm. 3 straight Finals trips, with back to back titles is an amazing run.

I wasn't happy at all with the moves made to solidify the bench. You all know how I feel about #9. As I expected, he did absolutely nothing to contribute during the season or the playoffs. In my eyes, the downfall started when he signed. Every single one of you disagreed with me, but look who knew what was up all along.

I hope the owners and players work things out quickly. It'll be interesting to see what the front office does with the roster.

This is true and Barnes was a huge disappointment. But the other teams are also much better this year. Spurs ran into a freaking team that jumped up at them like Rambo popping out of the water with guns blazing.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com