There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pacquiao vs. Margarito - November 13, 2010 / Cowboys Stadium

watched the 3rd episode of 24/7 last night.. pac said he stopped weight training cuz he wanted to keep his speed.. they also said it could be possible that he will be 20 pounds lighter than margarito come fight night.. that's crazy!

he was lookin' pretty sh*tty the 1st couple episodes.. his sparring partners were roughing him up.. but he looked better this episode.. i think the "distractions" are all hype.. pac will be ready
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Why does the Paquioao camp always have some type of excuse ready as a scapegoat?

DLH is old, but taller, Cotto is stronger, camp not going well, tsunami in the Phillipines, catch weight,drawing blood, fighting a black dude, lol etc.


Dude is gonna win obviously to set up Floyd vs Pac.


Like I said before though, SERGIO MARTINEZ AND PAUL WILLIAMS are the true contenders. NOBODY wants a piece of these cats.

I'll give you that Paul Williams deserves a chance, but don't even think Martinez deserves ANY chance to fight Pacman! he hasn't done shyt in the sense of earning any possibility of a match and can only snag Williams b/c for some reason no one can properly promote him

I would LOVE to see a Williams vs Pacman bout if Floyd doesn't fight, though he needs to get new representation b/c a guy of his caliber not being in any large PPV bouts is ludicrous, especially with Pacman and Floyd looking like they're on their ways out of the sport.

I guess you didn't see him in against Pavlik. And you obviously didn't see the first Williams fight either.

Saw the Pavlik (thought Pavlik was robbed), but you're right that I didn't see the first bout with Williams, though I plan to watch the bout on the 20th

If Pacman moves up again in weight, maybe, but just don't think he deserves a bout with either Pacman or PBF. Should've had a rematch against Pavlik, but Pavlik didn't wanna waste time with him and moved on to a better weight class. Williams does deserve it though, but he needs three things:

1. Better promoter (For a fighter as good as he is, no one outside of the purists know who he is b/c no one has properly promoted him, ESPECIALLY with his aggressive style of fighting everyone loves to watch (39-1, 27 KO)

2. Marquee matches (fight famous fighters, even if they're not as good as they once were, gets his name out)

3. Develop a larger following (By getting a better promoter and fighting bigger names, ppl will get to see how awesome he is and get even the most casual of fans anticipating his next move. I would try to swing an American tag to him, i.e. PBF. By being the "best P4P American fighter", he'll at least have a group of ppl identify with him when he fights international fighters with huge followings)

Those three things will get guys like Arum and DLH to wanna schedule their premiere fighters against him.



On a side note, how's your cousin doing? Loved his last bout and can't wait to watch his next one (I'm still bummed out he didn't get put into the tournament for the vacated belt)

We can't get him any fights. We have been trying to get him something substantial but all the fight cards are pretty much set for the end of the year. We might do a Telefutura card with a lesser opponent just to keep him busy. I am trying to get one of our sparring sessions taped so I can post here.
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,504
That would be cool bro!^^
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
watched the 3rd episode of 24/7 last night.. pac said he stopped weight training cuz he wanted to keep his speed.. they also said it could be possible that he will be 20 pounds lighter than margarito come fight night.. that's crazy!

he was lookin' pretty sh*tty the 1st couple episodes.. his sparring partners were roughing him up.. but he looked better this episode.. i think the "distractions" are all hype.. pac will be ready

Or HBO is just editting the whole thing to make it look like boxing is second on Pac's mind.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
watched the 3rd episode of 24/7 last night.. pac said he stopped weight training cuz he wanted to keep his speed.. they also said it could be possible that he will be 20 pounds lighter than margarito come fight night.. that's crazy!

he was lookin' pretty sh*tty the 1st couple episodes.. his sparring partners were roughing him up.. but he looked better this episode.. i think the "distractions" are all hype.. pac will be ready

Or HBO is just editting the whole thing to make it look like boxing is second on Pac's mind.

''We know what we do to beat him.''

(Big Pac smile)
This fight is actually shaping up to be pretty interesting, I'll be watching Margarito is just so much bigger than Pac, and Pac didn't bulk up for this one.

Oh, and there are still Floyd fans left? wow, must be family members at this point.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Why does the Paquioao camp always have some type of excuse ready as a scapegoat?

DLH is old, but taller, Cotto is stronger, camp not going well, tsunami in the Phillipines, catch weight,drawing blood, fighting a black dude, lol etc.


Dude is gonna win obviously to set up Floyd vs Pac.


Like I said before though, SERGIO MARTINEZ AND PAUL WILLIAMS are the true contenders. NOBODY wants a piece of these cats.

I'll give you that Paul Williams deserves a chance, but don't even think Martinez deserves ANY chance to fight Pacman! he hasn't done shyt in the sense of earning any possibility of a match and can only snag Williams b/c for some reason no one can properly promote him

I would LOVE to see a Williams vs Pacman bout if Floyd doesn't fight, though he needs to get new representation b/c a guy of his caliber not being in any large PPV bouts is ludicrous, especially with Pacman and Floyd looking like they're on their ways out of the sport.

I guess you didn't see him in against Pavlik. And you obviously didn't see the first Williams fight either.

Saw the Pavlik (thought Pavlik was robbed), but you're right that I didn't see the first bout with Williams, though I plan to watch the bout on the 20th

If Pacman moves up again in weight, maybe, but just don't think he deserves a bout with either Pacman or PBF. Should've had a rematch against Pavlik, but Pavlik didn't wanna waste time with him and moved on to a better weight class. Williams does deserve it though, but he needs three things:

1. Better promoter (For a fighter as good as he is, no one outside of the purists know who he is b/c no one has properly promoted him, ESPECIALLY with his aggressive style of fighting everyone loves to watch (39-1, 27 KO)

2. Marquee matches (fight famous fighters, even if they're not as good as they once were, gets his name out)

3. Develop a larger following (By getting a better promoter and fighting bigger names, ppl will get to see how awesome he is and get even the most casual of fans anticipating his next move. I would try to swing an American tag to him, i.e. PBF. By being the "best P4P American fighter", he'll at least have a group of ppl identify with him when he fights international fighters with huge followings)

Those three things will get guys like Arum and DLH to wanna schedule their premiere fighters against him.



On a side note, how's your cousin doing? Loved his last bout and can't wait to watch his next one (I'm still bummed out he didn't get put into the tournament for the vacated belt)

We can't get him any fights. We have been trying to get him something substantial but all the fight cards are pretty much set for the end of the year. We might do a Telefutura card with a lesser opponent just to keep him busy. I am trying to get one of our sparring sessions taped so I can post here.

That sucks dude, I like how well his technique is developed and how he fights "smart" rather than "balls to the wall". He definitely personifies what boxing should be about and definitely can't wait to see his next bout. Also, if he fights up in the bay lemme kno b/c i'll snag a ticket front row
As much as I want to celebrate a mexicano victory Margos big flat feet worry me. He has no movement. I think he will end up just like DLH face looking like 73/27 ground beef.

Oh yea and just my 2 cents..... The punisher is a little overated and got owned by Sergio in the 1st fight and expect him to lose focus and get KTFO in the rematch.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Nov 9, 2010 at 11:39 AM ]
it's definitely going to be more entertaining than the clottey fight.. that's for damn sure
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
watched the 3rd episode of 24/7 last night.. pac said he stopped weight training cuz he wanted to keep his speed.. they also said it could be possible that he will be 20 pounds lighter than margarito come fight night.. that's crazy!

he was lookin' pretty sh*tty the 1st couple episodes.. his sparring partners were roughing him up.. but he looked better this episode.. i think the "distractions" are all hype.. pac will be ready

T-minus 4 days


I agree, I wouldn't be shocked if the "distractions" is all hype created by Arum just to get more ticket sales. Think about it:

- Everyone in the US is watching football

- One of Pacman's largest Philipino followings (Bay Area) has just gotten a team through the World Series and still talking about it (shameless plug)

- Mexico has started their futbol season (as the european squads), so the number of Margarito fans drops

It was easy promoting Pacman fights earlier b/c everything was wrapped around "When will Pacman and PBF fight?" and "Will Pacman's fight or PBF's fight be better?". Now, he's fighting a strong fighter whose reputation has dimished amongst cheating charges, and PBF isn't fighting anyone until at least midway next year.

So, by hyping that Pacman isn't focused and Margarito is in the best shape of his life gets the news networks talking, the fans listening, and the ticket/PPV sales skyrocketing.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
As much as I want to celebrate a mexicano victory Margos big flat feet worry me. He has no movement. I think he will end up just like DLH face looking like 73/27 ground beef.

Oh yea and just my 2 cents..... The punisher is a little overated and got owned by Sergio in the 1st fight and expect him to lose focus and get KTFO in the rematch.

Don't agree with either statement Moist. Sure he might not move around, but Pacman has to get inside of him, which plays into Margarito's style. Though I still think Pacman will win, he's not gonna get the DLH treatment (possibly a mix of the Cotto/Clottey matches, though I think he'll win the first two rounds before Pacman wears him down)

Second, I finally watched a bit of the Martinez/Williams bout and there's no way you can say he got "owned" by Sergio. Also, still think Martinez was out boxed by Pavlik, but thats just me
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Why does the Paquioao camp always have some type of excuse ready as a scapegoat?

DLH is old, but taller, Cotto is stronger, camp not going well, tsunami in the Phillipines, catch weight,drawing blood, fighting a black dude, lol etc.


Dude is gonna win obviously to set up Floyd vs Pac.


Like I said before though, SERGIO MARTINEZ AND PAUL WILLIAMS are the true contenders. NOBODY wants a piece of these cats.

I'll give you that Paul Williams deserves a chance, but don't even think Martinez deserves ANY chance to fight Pacman! he hasn't done shyt in the sense of earning any possibility of a match and can only snag Williams b/c for some reason no one can properly promote him

I would LOVE to see a Williams vs Pacman bout if Floyd doesn't fight, though he needs to get new representation b/c a guy of his caliber not being in any large PPV bouts is ludicrous, especially with Pacman and Floyd looking like they're on their ways out of the sport.

I guess you didn't see him in against Pavlik. And you obviously didn't see the first Williams fight either.

Saw the Pavlik (thought Pavlik was robbed), but you're right that I didn't see the first bout with Williams, though I plan to watch the bout on the 20th

If Pacman moves up again in weight, maybe, but just don't think he deserves a bout with either Pacman or PBF. Should've had a rematch against Pavlik, but Pavlik didn't wanna waste time with him and moved on to a better weight class. Williams does deserve it though, but he needs three things:

1. Better promoter (For a fighter as good as he is, no one outside of the purists know who he is b/c no one has properly promoted him, ESPECIALLY with his aggressive style of fighting everyone loves to watch (39-1, 27 KO)

2. Marquee matches (fight famous fighters, even if they're not as good as they once were, gets his name out)

3. Develop a larger following (By getting a better promoter and fighting bigger names, ppl will get to see how awesome he is and get even the most casual of fans anticipating his next move. I would try to swing an American tag to him, i.e. PBF. By being the "best P4P American fighter", he'll at least have a group of ppl identify with him when he fights international fighters with huge followings)

Those three things will get guys like Arum and DLH to wanna schedule their premiere fighters against him.



On a side note, how's your cousin doing? Loved his last bout and can't wait to watch his next one (I'm still bummed out he didn't get put into the tournament for the vacated belt)

You thought Pavlik was robbed? You're crazy! I was crossing my fingers they wouldnt rob maravilla when they went to the cards.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
This fight is actually shaping up to be pretty interesting, I'll be watching Margarito is just so much bigger than Pac, and Pac didn't bulk up for this one.

Oh, and there are still Floyd fans left? wow, must be family members at this point.

Finally somebody's going to walk away with a win at Cowboys Stadium!
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Finally somebody's going to walk away with a win at Cowboys Stadium!

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home