LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs. Margarito - November 13, 2010 / Cowboys Stadium

the only way i see may step in the ring with mp is he caves in to the pressures that pac's latest defeat continues to pile on. other than that, with all the talent and success he's had to this point, even with the potential to win a bout on the technicality of boxing by duckin n dodging, he's no warrior in comparison to manny. period. i wouldve loved to see this go down but as a pac fan i'd prefer to see him retire with class w/o stoopin to anything this chickens**t clown pulls.
Originally posted by danimal:
It is obvious that Mayweathers long term strategy to maximize his earning potential for the rest of his life is protecting that 0. If you have any inkling of a shot at beating him, you will never get that shot.

Anybody who thinks this is about Drug testing is wrong.

As for Manny. I hope he retires soon. 3 more fights tops, back in his true weight class. I would like to see him knock a nugga out once more before retiring...which is never going to happen against these giants

I agree, after Manny said he was "actually hurt" and "surprised" about how strong Margarito was, I think he realized that he most likely won't move up to any heavier weight classes, and most likely not going to go after another weight class (sorry middleweights and super middleweights)

Only person I could possibly see Manny go up in weight to fight is the winner of the Williams-Martinez 2 bout, and that's only if:

- PBF ducks another fight, once again losing out the highest pay-out in decades

- Pacman decides he doesn't wanna waste his time with guys dwindling towards the end of their careers (Mosely, Maglinanni) or rematches of fighters he decimated (Clottey, Cotto, Hatton, DLH)

My theory:

If PBF somehow is too scared to fight, then fights:

- Berto (money and lighter weight class, especially since Arum has been grooming Mike Jones to fight Berto, but Jones clearly needs another match before fighting for a belt)

- Winner of Martinez/Williams 2 (he feels he needs a "real" fight, like he said after the Clottey fight, so fights the younger up and coming talents)

(yes silky, I said SCARED, b/c if he takes the fight he'll make more money than ANY fight he'll ever have and quite possibility his previous 41 matches revenues combined after the PPV revenue. So since Manny has shown to be the current P4P champion and PBF has had time of to rest, it's clear it can be the only reason (no way he can use anything else as an excuse b/c he's been using excuses for over a year) and PBF needs to step up if he wants to regain his reputation...hope u don't take it personally silky)
At this rate, Pac will be fighting Vladmir Klitschko for the heavyweight title!

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Not to sound like a hater, even though nobody's brought it up, but his 8th title in his 8th weight class or whatever doesn't seem legit to me. What has Margo done to be considered a light middleweight contender? Not a damn thing. If you wanna add one to the history books, make it legit, fight a current 154 title holder or at least somebody considered a contender in that weight class. Big Bob threw the belt in there just because he can. Oh well. The fight went pretty much as I expected. I figured it would end in a late KO/stoppage or a wide UD in Manny's favor, I knew Margo's chin would carry him thru most of the fight.

I don't wanna sound like I'm undermining Manny's talents, the dude's gifted, and he could probably beat any of the other 154 title holders. But I would love to see him take on a real challenge, one where it makes you scratch your noggin and think twice when trying to predict it. I would love to see him go up against Martinez, enough of this Top Rank stable crap. I know Bob's just milking his roster, and he's within his right to, but come on! Make Manny work for it!

I know, I know, Mayweather, etc... but I'm not talking about Mayweather I'm merely just ranting as a boxing fan about how titles have become insignificant now-a-days I guess, but yet when you look back at the history books, they'll still show up as if they mean something.

/end rant

1) ohh yes 8 division titles in 8 different weight classes is not much of an accomplishment at all, considering all the of the other boxers in history who have done it. yeah

2) ohh yes, Sergio Martinez is the one fighter that will elevate Manny's status. Look at the list of nobodies on Manny's resume: Morales, Barrera, Marquez, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, and Margarito. Yes, Sergio Martinez would be the most accomplished fighter on Manny's resume. Why stop there? Let's get Lucian Bute, and Andre Ward. Hell, let's throw Manny through the Super 6. Maybe Hopkins will fight him too. Hey Vladimir and Vitale, I think you should fight Manny. Yes, let's have a guy who's maxed out his body at 145lbs continue pushing his body because I'm a hater.

But back to Martinez, this guy would be a perfect opponent considering he already lost to Margarito and got a draw versus the P4P king, Kermit Cintron.

3) I hope you realize Manny just fought a guy who's 5 inches taller and weighed almost 20 lbs heavier on fight night. There's a reason weight classes in boxing, wrestling, MMA exist.

But anyways congrats to the Catchweight King Pacquiao. Its not like Henry Armstrong, Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Hearns, JCC, Oscar DLH, Roy Jones, or Hopkins ever fought catchweights. All of these boxers have never asked for catchweight, never. These are real boxers.

LOL! I enjoyed the sarcasm. Silky is a known FMJ fanboy and defends him even though he's ducked Manny twice and would rather beat up a woman instead. Heck, even ESPN called Mayweather out on his cowardice. You get used to his hatred of Pac-man after a while no matter how much he's accomplished.

Don't get it confused. I'm a fan of what he does in the ring. What he does in his personal life is really none of my business. And I am definitely not in favor of domestic abuse.

And it's not hatred for Pac, I'm just debating. It's all in good fun. It's funny how riled up ya'll can get though.

Just like it's pretty funny reading all your posts defending FMJ...
Originally posted by craigyboy:
the only way i see may step in the ring with mp is he caves in to the pressures that pac's latest defeat continues to pile on. other than that, with all the talent and success he's had to this point, even with the potential to win a bout on the technicality of boxing by duckin n dodging, he's no warrior in comparison to manny. period. i wouldve loved to see this go down but as a pac fan i'd prefer to see him retire with class w/o stoopin to anything this chickens**t clown pulls.

Quoted For Truth!
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
LOL these guys...

lmao great analysis..
SURGERY! ON HIS FACE! LMAO! The Mexicutioner! How the hell do you give 17 pounds in weight and 6 inches in height to an opponent and then bust his orbital bone! HOLY SHEEP SHIET!

MP for president!

Floyd Maynever!

I'm glad.. that in my lifetime I got to see... arguably... The best boxer to ever step in the ring.

As much as I want to see the Maynever and Pacquiao bout... I would rather Manny be done with it... and move along. His accomplishments hold a higher value then that fabricated undefeated record Maynever is trying so diligently to protect.

I want manny to fight Brandon Rios. Just for the shiet he talked about Roach and Parkenson's.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by craigyboy:

Quoted For Truth!

This!

retire pac.. nothin' else to prove

but don't be surprised if snitch a55 gayweather calls you out 2 years from now when you're past your prime
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

but don't be surprised if snitch a55 gayweather calls you out 2 years from now when you're past your prime

At this point, Mayweather can talk all the talk he wants. It' will never tarnish what Pac accomplished with his career. Pacman has proven it time and again that he does his talking in the ring where it counts.

• AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

At this point, Mayweather can talk all the talk he wants. It' will never tarnish what Pac accomplished with his career. Pacman has proven it time and again that he does his talking in the ring where it counts.

Isn't Mayweather going to jail anyway?
it's sounding more and more like Floyd is coming off as a joke to the writers. 30 years from now, their articles will define how floyd is remembered.

the only way to change that is to step into the ring.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
SURGERY! ON HIS FACE! LMAO! The Mexicutioner! How the hell do you give 17 pounds in weight and 6 inches in height to an opponent and then bust his orbital bone! HOLY SHEEP SHIET!

MP for president!

Floyd Maynever!

I'm glad.. that in my lifetime I got to see... arguably... The best boxer to ever step in the ring.

As much as I want to see the Maynever and Pacquiao bout... I would rather Manny be done with it... and move along. His accomplishments hold a higher value then that fabricated undefeated record Maynever is trying so diligently to protect.

I want manny to fight Brandon Rios. Just for the shiet he talked about Roach and Parkenson's.

BooM!
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It's obvious that PBF is pulling a Sugar Ray vs Hagler.

He's waiting until he gets older, frustrated and rested.

Then he'll call him out.

PBF is still one of the best fighters in the world.

Mayweather's a proven counter-puncher. Against Manny, how can he counter something that he can't see?

IMHO, Mayweather's going to be exposed against Pacquiao.

*cough* Marquez *cough*

Marquez was old and sluggish when Mayweather fought him. He had to gain something like 15-20 pounds just to fight Fraud Mayweather and his punches were lacking power. He looked gassed and unprepared.

Pretty Boy Fraud's fan boys need to realize the reason his counter-punching style is successful is due to his superior speed in comparison to his opponents. He won't have that advantage against Pacquiao. Nobody he's ever faced has had the combination of speed and punching power that Pacquiao has. Not to mention Pacquiao's countering skills and footwork get better after each fight.

All that said, this fight between Pacquiao and Margarito closed the deal on any future Mayweather/Pacquiao bout. Mayweather is looking to preserve that '0' and after seeing the beating Pacquiao put on Margarito, he's got to be even more scared than he was previously.

Fraud will play his stupid games like always, backing out in the end, again.

Actually the point I was trying to address by bringing up Marquez is this:

Mayweather's a proven counter-puncher. Against Manny, how can he counter something that he can't see?

You know who's a proven counter-puncher? Marquez. You know who's the last guy to arguably beat Pac? Marquez. You know who gave Pac the most trouble since his last official loss? Marquez.

Pretty boy has superior speed in comparison to his opponents, and he is miles ahead of Marquez in terms of almost any attribute you can think of... you said it yourself... so tell me this, when is the last time Pac went up against someone with the footwork, speed and counter-punching ability of Money Mayweather?

Why is this a one-way street?

It's not like Marquez was on Pac's level in term of "speed and power" back then, so why would somebody "with the speed and power" of Pacquiao give Mayweather fits? Yet why wouldn't somebody with speed, superior contering ability and perhaps the best pure skills ever seen in boxing, not to mention someone who knows how to use his size advantage effectively, give Manny fits?

Say what you want about whether the fight happens or not, I'm not even arguing that. I have no idea why Pac ducked Floyd and signed the Clottey fight 1 day after, I have no idea why Floyd doesn't wanna negotiate right now. There's nothing to argue there, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. The one thing that I don't understand is how Pac fanboys can go ahead and say that because he's got "speed and power" he's gonna wipe the floor with Mayweather, yet somehow they seem to conveniently forget that Marquez beat their boy more rounds in their two bouts doing something that none of Pac's other opponents can do, but something that Mayweather does and does it much better at that.
mayweather beat marquez........
marquez might have beat pacquiao........
therefore mayweather beats pac?

since we wanna compare common opponents.....

it took 10(?) rounds for mayweather to beat hatton
and 12 (close) rounds for mayweather to beat de la hoya.

and it took 2 rounds for pacquiao to beat hatton
and it took 8 rounds for pacquiao to make de la hoya quit.

ya de la hoya was older, and he looked old slow and sluggish..... but honestly.... in pac's recent fights, who hasn't?

if they do win, i give mayweather a good chance at winning, because he's gonna wait for pacquiao to be knee deep in sh*t with his new congressman job and completely distracted from boxing, and in not as good of shape, before he signs the contract.

[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Nov 16, 2010 at 06:13:51 ]
Share 49ersWebzone